RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Venting

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Im super annoyed with this... Im fusing tilesets, with recolours, edits, and other fancy stuff, and its just becoming a pain in my @$$.
Now Your nightmare comes to life.

[RMXP] CRYSTaL KNigHTS: The First Dawn - 20%
[RMXP] White Ruins - 10 %

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Welcome to the world of game creation~

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Oh yeah, it will be nice when im done though,

CHECK LIST:
Ground [X]
Grass[X]
Plants [X]
Rocks n Stumps [X]
Trees [X]
Cliffs/Mountains[X]
Fences[X]
Bridges [X]
Buildings[]
Others[]
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:59:18 AM by The Omega »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
The worst thing is that you probably won't even get to use all of those.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
yeah but there there just in case, cause just using the standard single RTP tilesets, you cant make a great map.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah but there there just in case, cause just using the standard single RTP tilesets, you cant make a great map.

I beg to differ.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior

I beg to differ.

ok.. maybe you can, but where is the wider variety of stuff, I dont want ever map to look the same now. well not the "same" but have the same tiles.

Besides I aint keeping these tilesets just for myself, if you guys have a resource database, I shall submit it there when I am done.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:59:04 AM by The Omega »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Don't go overboard with trying to use different tiles, it's often not a good idea.
that said.
good luck.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
I think the RTP on XP and VX looks very pretty. I've used it plenty of time and never hit a roadblock with a tile that wasn't there.

That being said, not using RTP does give originality to the game. And I agree with you, working with tilesets is the my worst time spent RM'ing.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
even if It is one huge tileset for the outside world, and I dont use everything in it, I still am going to finish making it, cause I know other people could and would possibly use it.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Oh please. Merging tilesets together is child's play. Try spriting, which actually takes skill and time, then you can bitch. (though if you're bitching in the first place, then you probably shouldn't be trying to make a game)

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Im not necessarily "bitching" cause i dont mind doing it, it's just time consuming is all.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Nothing wrong with venting. I scream once in a while when my tiles/sprites aren't going so well after x hrs =w=)/

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
BLAH is what I have to say now, using a a MAC, i have windows paralells so I can run win7, and now MS is saying my windows in NOT genuine when in fact it is, AND adobe photoshop trail is up, so im super stumpped on my project and making edit to RTP stuff. so untill i get all that settled... I guess ill uhhh. plan and right out my story, characters and such.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
...................................................................... </trolling> EDIT: oh great it's another stupid management prank. :[

I prefer smaller tilesets over larger ones. It makes things easier to find with shorter files. If I have to use tiles across multiple tilesets, then I'll just copy them across multiple files, or make it into a character-set file.

It is also probably smaller filesize overall to use multiple files instead of one.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 07:58:16 AM by Taylor »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's going to suck setting the pathing and priority and stuff for everything afterwards, LOL

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Yeah its gonna suck and take forever yet again. but Im stumped right now cause it seems I have purchased an Illegal Windows 7 Key from MSDNAA so Im in need of a genuine copy, till then I cant use anthing besides Internet Explorer on my Windows. Thank god I have a MAC so I can still do whatever just not when it comes to working RPG Maker, or Paint.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Yah I never really had a problem with anything.
The spriting and stuff isn't really a problem for me either.
What really gets me is how to find out what scripts are compatible with others.

There I get stumped constantly.

Then again I'm starting to realize that scripts overwrite the base scripts so often that I am tempted to just overwrite all base scripts and use my own templates as to not mix them the most I can whenever I'm trying to add in new things.

Though for spriting I just find that I don't have enough room for all of the things I want to make. I've even made a world map with the base world map look of RPG Maker XP. I just redesigned it a bit so things would fit better and I could do overlapping easier than before.