RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help Please!

Rep:
Level 83
I have used RPG Maker 2003 for the past few days now, xD. I'm not very good with it, and I only made like a few areas that suit me after over 100 tries. I decided to get some Battle Sprites and I did, but when I upload them it says either. 'Invalid Color Depth' I changed it to 256 which worked but instead of Invalid Color Depth it said 'Invalid Image Size' the sprites I'm trying to upload are..

http://www.picceta.com/Rm2k3/data/media/12/GokuA.png

and stuff like that, if you want examples, go to http://www.picceta.com/Rm2k3/cat-dragonball-z-battle-charsets-12.htm?page=4

I really need help, I already saw 2 Invalid Color Depth's threads on this site, but I never found the right answer because the thread creators never replied. Also, don't ask me to download stuff like Paint.net or Graphics Gale, cause I'm using a Guest Account.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Hmm looks like the battle char image size is incorrect, i think.

wait let me check.

EDIT: the image is sized incorrectly. Change the dimensions to 144x384 with MS paint.(use Ctrl + E)
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks, that worked perfectly. I didn't think my problem would be something as simple as that :P

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Yeah, people usually stick in their name in the battlechar, thus making it bigger(sometimes).
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
I have another question. I just made a area [From Picceta Sprites] but when I go into the area, I can't move.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Huh? I don't understand your question?
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
I just made a map, but when I went to test my game, I went into the map, but my character couldn't move.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I just made a map, but when I went to test my game, I went into the map, but my character couldn't move.
okay, make sure the tile your character is standing on (or the tiles surrounding it) are passable(or marked as "O") in the database.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks. That worked as well. I know I'm bothering you, but I have one more question. How do I turn this sprite into a monster. http://www.picceta.com/Rm2k3/img-armoured-krillen-156.htm that's the sprite, but how do I turn them into a monster or how can I get my own character to fight that one.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Hmmm....  you take out one "frame" of the sprite. Somehow make it face the other way(try to do it in paint). and import it as a monster...(sorry this one is not detailed).
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
I think I can do that. Um, also, do I do ALL of them? Does the Width, etc matter in this one?

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
I think I can do that. Um, also, do I do ALL of them? Does the Width, etc matter in this one?
No, just pick one of the frames that looks like it makes sense to have as a monster, and, no I don't really think size really matters for monsters.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
It didn't work. I was able to flip it, but I had a white background, should I try it with a colored one this time?

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Yeah make it with a colored one BUT... don't make it a color that the monster has too. (ie. a monster's eyes are black. don't make the background black(for transparency) or else the monster's eyes will be transparent, too).
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
It said Invalid Image Size.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
... uh oh. Then I can't help...

did you save the battlechar, cut out one of the frames, and paste it in a new paint file?
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Yeah, I did. I have one more question tho, I mean two. How do you make a game intro and when I made a event, the person that was meant to talk kept repeating the same thing, how do I stop that?

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
make a switch and have it turn after the message is said, make a new page and check the Switch is on thing at the top left corner and select the switch you just turned on and leave the page blank. ta da
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
Can you be a bit more detailed?
How do I turn on the switch? I stumbled across RM03 a few days ago :P

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
At the end of your scene, go into "switch operations" and turn on a new switch called 'end of scene' or something to that extent. Click on the new page button, and under the preconditions box on the left-hand side, check a switch box and set it to your 'end of scene' switch. What Lazer Kirby said is about as simple as it gets. If it still doesn't make sense I can post pictures.

Rep:
Level 83
Pictures would be good, I'm okay at most of the aspects of RPG Maker 03. I don't know switches and Variable only.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Okay, someone else just asked the same question, so click on this.

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks, but you replied like 2 days ago. I found my answer. Thanks anyway.