RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Agreed, with such an awesome tileset, adding details shouldn't be a problem.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
@Chrono:
Since the cave opening is fairly high, you can see all the way to the far end border of the cave, and it feels a bit "hollow", if ya know what I'mean.
~~~

Just finished mapping a bunch of areas used near the beginning of the chapter. Driving me nuts. :x

Sample:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
@Chrono:
Since the cave opening is fairly high, you can see all the way to the far end border of the cave, and it feels a bit "hollow", if ya know what I'mean.
~~~

Just finished mapping a bunch of areas used near the beginning of the chapter. Driving me nuts. :x

Sample:

The tree tops are unsupported. They need to have trees under them everywhere.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Not necessarily; it can be under the leaves, overshadowed by it due to a wide-spread radius. :>

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Erm, you don't see leaves connected across a long distance from one tree to another, forming a long bridge of leaves.

Cursed by Ghost Dog for eternity
Rep:
Level 86
w/e
Reives, you just need tree stumpy/branchy things to make it look like they are trees, not a large writhing mass of rabid tree leaves suspended in the air by some creepy magic
The Newbie
I'll be gone again in time.

Rep:
Level 89
Erm, you don't see leaves connected across a long distance from one tree to another, forming a long bridge of leaves.
Actually ya do, and the word for it is "canopy". :)

I certainly know what ya guys mean though, but it's just one of the awkward styles that I am staying with for now, much like the worse case of horizon grass, heheh.

Rep:
Level 102

That's a canopy.

The thing you posted was a bridge of unsupported branches.

Rep:
Level 89
Ya don't really see much of the branches from there as well, and the RTP simplification can often undertake its conventions. But again, I refer to the second part of my last post. :)

Edit: Oh, no offense intended, by the way. And I am aware that some hates the canopy autotile even if there are visible supports - I used to be one of them, heheh.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:11:20 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
I think it looks more plain and boring then cute.

Trees don't grow in a straight line, you know. Nature is random.

Also, the cliffs is also to straight.

And I think you need to add more details.

THANKS YOU MR. BLACKSHADOW, I'LL FIX IT...

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Sample:

Even if the canopy  is there, I actully like the map :)

Nice done... again! ;8

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
Thanks!!!!!! i'll fix it.. I'll show you my finished work....

Rep:
Level 90
MAPS:

Big maps... beware.

These map shots were taken a few weeks ago (at the time the maps were taken of Preson Pass). Since then things have been upgraded to be more detailed, but if they are not good, feel free to comment on them. Plus by taking early map shots it will not disrupt people's play of the game from knowing where everything is.

Spoiler for:

REGION 1: HENAGRAD

REGION 2: SHANAGRAD

I can tell this is a bit old, because the church is not even on the map. The church will be between Preston Pass and Shanalon. That huge blank land mass to the north west will be region 20 (probably).

VILLAGE OF MACCAN

NEW CHURCH OF VALYON

I have swapped the Valyon church for the church in Shanalon. The first region with Valyon is much larger than the region with Shanalon :-) There is a good sized grave yard in the flower field and a good sized interior.

WOODS OF AQUANIA

There are tons of woods in this game, and I really don't want to show maps of woods, because they are... wooded areas and not much to them, but this is worth showing, because it gets flooded.

DONNOVAN'S WOODS

Like I said there are a lot of wooded areas in the game, but this one has a few places of interest. The cabin and the coastline.

BYER'S BOG

What did I say about woods? There are quite a lot, after all before we had cities there was just... woods... but this one that is so massive that you go one way when going north and another way coming south. I remember people saying my maps were too straight forward in previous games, so I made little branches, shortcuts and secret unmarked paths (most of which are north beyond the map shot) :-) It is so massive that it did not fit into the shot.

CORNOLLA TUNNEL

I am aware that I will run out of maps before the game is done! So I am having to double up on maps.

community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 89
I never make so big maps, so Im impressed about your big maps :o

Other from that, they are pretty okay, but since you say that you have done more work on them, I would like to see how they look now before I can give any more comments.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I haven't posted anything here for a long time :P

Anyway, this is the layout for my status screen:

Don't worry too much about the colors, I haven't actually picked colors for most of the stuff yet ... actually, if anyone has ideas on colors, then I would be happy to hear them. But more particularly, what do you guys think of the layout? Gradient bars are by Blizzard, by the way, credit to him.

Rep:
Level 89
I think that Status Screen looks SWEAT! You have done a wonderfull job there :D

And what do you mean with colours?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
gradient bars are the main thing. As well, I think I will make the signifiers (Statistics, Talents, Skills) should be a different color eventually as well. Specifically, looking at Weapon Finesse and Skills, it seems to me strange. The numbers denoting the levels of the skills are also strange looking, at least I think so.

Anyway, thanks for the compliment.  :lol:

Rep:
Level 89
I like the layout. :) Are "Status", "Inventory" and "Abilities" the only three panels in there? Either way, seems quite effective and does the job nicely.

~~~

Coding a built-in transformation system for battle system, testing out layout and the like:

(Functioning: Press Z and the window pops up, press Z after that to move the cursor rightwards, X to confirm selection, C to cancel transformation window.)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 06:57:46 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Thats amazing Reives. Looks fun.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 97
Looks wicked Reives.

And as to the menu, that is not the main menu, that is just the Actor Menu. It goes like this:

Main Menu:  Party, Quests, Save, Options, Books (I am still deciding on what will be in the main menu and what won't though).

The scene showed is what it goes to when you press Party, then choose an actor.

Rep:
Level 91
Revies, Modern, lookin' good.

Just an experiment, me and modern want to use TheInquisitor's awesome tilesets in our game, but since the RTP looks a bit too bright, I'm messing around with photoshop. So, tell me if y'all think the character's blend in.

Rep:
Level 89
Looks nice; the only thing that bugs me a little is that the floor in the right room looks a bit too "fine" in comparison, if you know what I'mean. Dragging up its tile's contrast in photoshop might help.

Rep:
Level 91
Forgive me, I didn't really get what you mean, are you saying I should play around with the rug?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 02:36:04 AM by Falcon »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I think thats what he means, like that it looks way more fixed then the wooden floor does.
Also is that a band uniform by the farmer?
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I think I may be getting better.
Or desert towns might just be really easy to make.
Either way, comments, critique?