RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Arwym's Sketchbook

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Arwym's Sketchbook

Welcome to my sketchbook. From now on, I will post my sketches in here for show-off or to expect some CC.

I am a manga-ka wannabe, and not an expert. I stopped practising some time ago, when I fell under depression and lost any inspiration I had. So please forgive me for not improving in so long. It's been almost two years since I stopped drawing seriously. Now I am trying to get back on tracks and improve once and for all.

I created an imagecrown.com account just for these sketches, and only selected some of the recent ones that looked decent enough to care about. So here they are. I will be adding more in the future.

Nameless Characters (DEAD LINK LOL)

Arwym Starlight and the world of Medunian (DEAD LINK LOL)

Real Life (DEAD LINK LOL)

*New* Arwym's Pixelblog (Sketches)

I know I have to improve in many aspects. Also, these drawings are not very serious. I just practice with them. So no need for CC this time.

Manga

Thank you for watching!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:48:46 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
<3, I love the first one in Arwym Starlight and the world of Medunian

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Arwym in the tight clothing? Heheh, thanks!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
*Update*

I just turned one of the Arwym sketches into my new avatar. I hope you like it. ^^

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Hi there!  Just wanted to invite you to read my manga, 'Where Dreams Begin', which just got started. ^_^ I will try to update once a week, at least.  Please give it a chance!

Well, feel free to leave comments.

Thanks!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
it's good, especially considering the skill it takes to keep the quality in a manga consistent. However, I dislike the use of paint for the backgrounds in some of the panels.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
LOL, it's not paint.  That is called screentoning, and shoujo manga titles often do this.  It's part of the genre.  Shoujo manga focuses on character interaction, rather than in making each panel look greatly detailed.  Comics are supposed to tell a story, and sometimes, detail in a background isn't the most important thing.

I use Adobe Illustrator for the outlines, and Adobe Photoshop for everything else.  I do it by mouse, so it takes me more than 8 hours to complete a page.  I could say, more than 12.

But thank you very much!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 08:13:52 PM by Arwym »

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I am going to close this thread.  I think I'll just create a website for sketches, and show them off from there.  Thank you, to those who came around and posted.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I hope you don't mind me reviving this, but it is kind of pointless to start a new thread.  So there, I have a new "sketchblog".

Clicky!

Feedback appreciated.  Thank you!

EDIT:

Most recent sketch.  YAY!

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 06:00:31 AM by Arwym »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
LOL thank you.

At least someone replied.   :tpg:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
The drawing of the elf is cute :D

your style is fun to look at, it's huggable, lol

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I really like the last one, it's a very cool...depiction, i guess, of a figure.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Ah, so you are my new rival!  If I am remembering correctly, you're the one who placed first as the forum's most artistic member, yes?  Or maybe I have some usernames mixed up... I don't know who anyone is anymmooooorrrreeez.

But!  Returning to the subject at hand.  Your art is certainly very "cute."  Lots of big, shiny eyes.  And what an amazing achievement to actually be working on a manga!  I'm not coordinated enough to do lots of drawings of the same subject over and over again in a coherent format.  Good for you!  And I really mean it.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Ah, so you are my new rival!  If I am remembering correctly, you're the one who placed first as the forum's most artistic member, yes?

Actually, surprisingly, that was me.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Ah, so you are my new rival!  If I am remembering correctly, you're the one who placed first as the forum's most artistic member, yes?

Actually, surprisingly, that was me.
You should really check out his drawings, pretty awesome. :P
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
No one can compare to Gargyll here, as far as I know.  :o  But wow!  Thanks a lot for the compliments, Yossy~!  :)

Oh, here's a new sketch. XD

I know she's not perfect, heheh.  Just a quick sketch of many I have.

And LOL yeah, most of my art ends up being cute, many times against my own will.  >.<

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I love how all the motion in it compliments itself, in that the way the hair moves is similar to the falling leaves.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
It's beautiful Arwym, Is she a half angel? or maybe an angel herself?
You have a great potential to be a shoujo manga writer! Draw more, then you'll improve more.
Ganbatte ne...<3

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Looks great!  You going to colour it?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you!  I started colouring it, but now I feel like it's looking pretty bad, heheh.  I am not too good at colouring.  :(

And yes!  One of my many dreams is to draw shoujo manga and publish it.  XD  I was invited to a group of young female comic artists some months ago.  They said that I can contact them whenever I feel ready, and they'll help me publish my first pages in their comic anthologies, and teach me how to prepare my works for printing, so that if later I want to publish alone, I can.  I've seen their anthologies and met them at a convention.  There are many talented girls in the group.  :)
But I don't feel ready, not yet.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 05:42:13 PM by Arwym »

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Ah, I see.  Well keep at it, you're doing great.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you, Garygill!  I appreciate that.  :)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I love that last one, I really do O_O

Don't you dare ever give this up, you have talent here <3
bringing sexy back