RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPM XP: Question about Tilesets

Rep:
Level 88
Is there any way to use elements from multiple tilesets on one map?  (For example, if I want to put a cave entrance on a town screen)
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Yeah, it's called MS Paint.

Rep:
Level 88
Explain please.
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

Rep:
Level 89
use print screen while looking at what you want to put into the map and paste the image into paint
cut off all the extra bits that aren't part of what you want and save image
import the file into ur resource manager and then simply put it onto the map using an event
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one
research shows Fu is also involved, but not in a gross and creepy way

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Don't listen to thingy. thingy is retarded.

I'm going to assume you're talking about XP since you didn't specify. In XP all tilesets are the same width. To add more to them you simply increase the hight of the image by intervals of 32 pixels and add what you want to the bottom. You would do this in your image editor of choice, like, for example, MS Paint.

If you are using a previous version of RPG Maker the size of tilesets cannot be changed.

Rep:
Level 89
Don't listen to thingy. thingy is retarded.

I'm going to assume you're talking about XP since you didn't specify. In XP all tilesets are the same width. To add more to them you simply increase the hight of the image by intervals of 32 pixels and add what you want to the bottom. You would do this in your image editor of choice, like, for example, MS Paint.

If you are using a previous version of RPG Maker the size of tilesets cannot be changed.
I was telling him how to do it without altering the actual tileset and make it so he can use that image in any tileset he wants which makes it easier to do things in the future and my way can be done using the previous versions. This also allows you to combine multiple things into one image so you can have what appears to be more than 4 layers
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:55:33 PM by thingy »
Zypher, Veltonvelton, and Dalton are secretly having a homosexual affair in hidden messages just like this one

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Right. Perhaps you could explain to me why you would want to take a screenshot of a file that you already have.

Rep:
Level 89
Right. Perhaps you could explain to me why you would want to take a screenshot of a file that you already have.
for layering, you can take a screen shot of a table with a candle on it and set that down as only one layer

giving instructions that can fit for more than 1 situation helps prevent people from having to ask slightly different questions

in this situation he could just copy the image of the cave from the file but that would still require opening something (your way the file in a folder which he might not know the location of, my way is screen shotting it from the tileset or if he wants to see it how it is when you place it running a test play), copying something (screenshot or using the box thingy in paint), and pasting it into paint
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 09:02:22 PM by thingy »

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF A FILE YOU ALREADY HAVE!?

It's NOT easier, it is in fact a pain in the ass to extract a certain thing for a screenshot! If you have an image with a table, and an image with a lamp, and you want to make it so you have a table with a lamp on it you don't have to take a screenshot of anything. You just take the lamp and put it on the goddamn table.

Also, the layers are there for  a GOOD REASON. If you want to shove a bunch of shit on one layer you better goddamn know what you're doing. Doing that before you're good with it is like all those idiots who turn to scripts for every little problem because they haven't really learned how to use the program yet.

Rep:
Level 89
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF A FILE YOU ALREADY HAVE!?
cuz its a pain in the ass to cut out an image exactly so you can lay it on top of another one without covering up pixels you don't want to

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
That really does not answer my question, since the same thing applies to both scenarios.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
You just take the lamp and put it on the goddamn table.
That one line made me laugh out pretty loud, and the other people in the computer lab stared at me.  Thanks, Gilga.

cuz its a pain in the ass to cut out an image exactly so you can lay it on top of another one without covering up pixels you don't want to
That hardly even makes any sense.  You know MSPaint has a Zoom function, right?  I know what you're trying to explain, but you're really making it more complicated for yourself than you have to.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
YOSSY I DEMAND THAT THIS TOPIC BE LOC- oh wait, it is.  :P

Seriously, I've edited tilesets with MS Paint more times than I can count.
:tinysmile: