RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mercia (RMXP) (Chapter 1)

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
I'm new as you can probably tell.

A month ago I downloaded the trial of RPG Maker XP, and I have spent 15 of those 30 days making the first Chapter in a probably never to be completed RPG.

It's a simple game, so it doesn't contain elaborate things like Self-Made Menus or Original Music or a Fancy Name Title or an Action Battle System (Although this is mainly because I like the Turn-Based). Also, it may have a few glitches, that I've tried as hard as I can to figure out and get rid of. Some will be evident in your play through, but I thought I'd put this up here for someone to see it. Also, you may notice some typos, which I apologize for. I tried getting rid of them all, but some just appeared.

The trial version has ran out for me, so I can't make any changes.

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/?vqttv8ab5893m8r

Okay, well it doesn't contain mature content to be honest. It's probably a Teen Rating. Also, it's short. But not so short that you should complete it with ease. It's about an hour's length approximately, but if you find a glitch, it's probably going to become much shorter.

So now it's time for the story.

Story

Spoiler for:
Mercia. Although usually thought to be a kingdom, once in Old England, here it is a continent, filled with a power called magic. This magic is used freely in inventions, fighting and their version of science. Although it's history is shrouded in all sorts of things, and there are still some bugs to be worked out, like the war of superiority between Spirit and Shadow. But, as a young boy begins to take the mantle of the army, he is asked to begin a quest. A quest, that may have seemed minor to him, will involve saving the entire world he knows from an evil he knows even more.

Although, this story isn't really elaborated on in the game I've made so far, it begins it. It's an introduction if you may.

Characters
Spoiler for:
You
The main character in question. You are on a simple mission: to join the Adrian Army. the Army of your fair country of 'Adria. But, whilst there, you are given a simple task to carry out on your duties, and you find out this task is bigger than you imagined.

Aaron
Your best friend, also joining the army. He is loyal but also headstrong. Although he means well, he can get you into a lot of trouble.

Maya
Aaron's sister, captured by a mysterious and evil wizard, who planned to use her body in some kind of possession?

The General Master
The General Master of the Fighter's Academy, of where you join the army. He is good person, and strong willed. He is also very powerful.

Michelin
A wizard, dedicated to Runic Symbols, who is interested in the origins of the Runes and their implications in Old Magic, before the time of wizards.

Although these are important characters, all except you and Aaron have minor roles in the first chapter.

I have a few screenshots, encase you're interested. They show the full potential of this game.

Spoiler for:

The battle sequence.

Gameplay

More Gameplay and Mapping

Item Screen

Cutscene

Even More Gameplay

Still Gameplay

Lastly, Dungeon Gameplay

I guess there's credit due to Sithjester for a lot of the graphics, Tiger's Eye for the tutorials and other places for the tilesets. I can't remember who exactly, but it was the ultimate interiors volume one.

And that's about it. That's what Mercia has to offer. I hope anyone who downloads it enjoys it and doesn't have to go through a series of glitches.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
To your first shot it doesn't seem that bad! =)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week: