RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Island Zephora

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
I'm currently working on my game that is to be titled "Island Zephora".

Story
Spoiler for:
Edgar, the main character, has been sent to Zephora, a island full of mysteries, to visit and try to make some money for his family. Once arrived on the island, he has no idea where to go so he asks for information about the island. This then leads him to The Big Oak, where he slays a very strange monster, and saves a mysterious fairy. She tells him that the island is in great danger and that he is the only one who can save it. His adventure then begins.

Still working on it, but it's pretty good currently.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

The World Map, only the main island, I have another Ice island above that I'll try to get soon.

The 'Big Oak Inn'
The only Inn I currently have on my game.

Interior of the Inn, Level 1

Port Village

One of Port Village's houses.

The Port

'Zephora Travel Agency'
It took me quite some time to figure out how to get the guy to work properly...  :-\

Oh, and I diden't post a pic of EVERYTHING, but of the most important stuff.

I also added 2 demos, one encyrpted and the other not.

Well, feedback is highly appreciated / wanted. So if anyone has any recomendations, please say so!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:35:34 PM by TheLeader13 »

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Press the "Print Screen" Button and paste into Paint.

RMRK Junior
Problem: I have a french keyboard... :-\

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Imprimer l'ecran, then. (EDITL: I meant to the right of F12. Whoops)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:43:09 PM by Mikhail Faulken »

RMRK Junior
Theres nothing above F12

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Ruh roh...

You sure you don't have an "IMPR ECRAN" button?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:42:29 PM by Mikhail Faulken »

RMRK Junior
Any feedback please?   ;9

RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Mapping looks nice, still, i couldnt get the story, is it a ghost city?Else it's kinda weird...
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

RMRK Junior
Well, I'm still working on it (of course), so I don't have many people right now.
But I redid quite a few things, like the port, I'm working on a new story etc...

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Well, you can't expect people feeback, if you don't have a solid start yet. ;)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

RMRK Junior
I'm redoing the story since it needs to be a minimum of 100 letters on another forum for it to be posted.
Btw, I'll TRY to get some new pics.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The story looks a little bland to me, though I suppose that's since it's just a premise and doesn't get very far into it.  I'd take care when writing it though, as it doesn't seem that involved or original.

Also, your mapping is pretty good, but I'd try to spice it up more, maybe use the elevation/cliffs a bit more, or use a fog for lighting and shadow or something.  Compositionally the maps look alright but for some reason they're just not standing out to me.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 81
I guess clichés are unavoidable, but hey, the game can still be fun right? xD One thing that bothers me a little is the world map. Is there any way to manipulate the chipset so it looks less...square...ish? I mean, you don't normally see jagged shorelines right?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
RMVX is very square.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

BBCode FTW!
Nice mapping. It's better than the stuff I can do currently..

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..