RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Official 'I HATE TECHNOLOGY" Rant Thread

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
What the **** **** (contain too much fowl language to censored them all)
My hard drive crash in my face which I don't know why...
Why does computer manufacture don't use flash drive instead of hard drive or invent a new type of file storage device!!!! Now I have to buy new computer and also request a ton of activation code renew and a ton of problems...

I'm totally #^#%%*%#^%%#*%%#*#

Rep:
Level 69
How old was your computer?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Why does computer manufacture don't use flash drive instead of hard drive or invent a new type of file storage device!!!! Now I have to buy new computer and also request a ton of activation code renew and a ton of problems...

Might want to try Solid State Drives.

Thing is, the tech is super volatile.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
And super expensive

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
The newest java makes my new computer crash.

Its brand new, custom built, runs Brink, Amnesia, fucking everything under the sun on full graphics, and fucking java makes it crash constantly. I know its Java doing it since when I uninstall it it works perfectly again. I'm happy to just not play minecraft since thats all I need it for, but still. Its fucking ridiculous.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

You sure seem to have a lot of computer problems.  Are you sure it is your harddrive?  Afterall, you were saying that google + your game caused your computer to BSOD.  I just don't think you have a full grasp of hardware issues.  I would have someone look at it before jumping the gun and deciding to buy a new computer...It could be as cheap as having to buy a new stick of ram or a watch battery for the motherboard.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

You sure seem to have a lot of computer problems.  Are you sure it is your harddrive?  Afterall, you were saying that google + your game caused your computer to BSOD.  I just don't think you have a full grasp of hardware issues.  I would have someone look at it before jumping the gun and deciding to buy a new computer...It could be as cheap as having to buy a new stick of ram or a watch battery for the motherboard.
1. My harddrive is now making sound...
2. I don't have back up
3. I will get a hard time to renew my activation code on my RPG maker vx ace, and other program I've use.
4. I lose up to 200 gb of files...
And also if there any mistake on my word...  **** iPod touch auto correct.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
You could buy a new harddrive for a fraction of the cost of a new computer...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Psp just died literally SECONDS before I could get to a save point in Xenogears. It was during that sequence where you break in to Fatima castle. You know, the one that takes an hour and gives you NO save point.

Why does this make me hate technology? Because the PSP doesn't charge with USB unless you're not playing a game. Seriously, what fucking genius came up with that idea? Hey, let's let the PSP charge with USB, but NOT when someone's playing a game!

My AC adapter is at work, because that's usually where I play.

Fucking stupid.

Oh, and once the PSP is dead, USB STILL can't charge it unless you turn it on and TELL it to be charged by USB. Meaning my PSP is dead until I get back to work, which because of the holiday will by Friday.

Hey, let's let the PSP be charged by USB, but only when you aren't playing a game, and only when you go cycle through 4 or 5 menu choices and TELL it to charge that way.

rrrgggg

Seriously, the save point was ON THE FUCKING SCREEN. And then it just fucking shut off.

GGGHHGgghh

/rant
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:46:39 PM by Arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 71
That makes me think of the time when I bought a PSP go and when I tried to buy a game I got an error code. I looked on the internet and there was no help on it, so I called Sony but they had never heard of the error so I had to return it and buy a PSP 3000.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
The way the USB standard works, a device must negotiate with the host to enter high-power mode. Only then would it get enough current to charge with, and even then the max it will get is 500mA. That's why a device needs some initial power to start charging, in order to communicate and ask for the higher power. Yeah it kind of sucks if you have a dead battery and want to charge off USB.

You can run most smartphones nowadays hard and they will actually still slowly discharge even while "charging" from USB.

/moreyouknow
bringing sexy back

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
If you're running CFW you can just toggle and option that lets it recharge using USB no matter what you're currently doing. Very handy if you're like me and broke the official charger.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
aahhh I have a CFW I wish I knew that

Rep:
Level 84
So...I use VLC player on my Mac to play MKV files. Always has worked beautifully...except when I try to play one movie that I hav that is 2.02 GB. It skips, it lags, and it throws audio video sync off. I've played it in other programs, and they all skip at the same spot, but they all skip to different segments of the movie. So I updated the stupid program, and what did it do? Nothing. Still skips.

Is there a fix to this thing? Or an alternate program that actually works?

My comp is plenty good enough. 2.8 Quad Core with 8 GB RAM and a good graphics card with 1 GB for it. I'm also not running any other program while using VLC. It's starting to really piss me off.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I use mpc-hc to watch videos. Seems to work fine on every movie I play.

But if more than a few video players are skipping at that spot, it's more than likely a bad sector in the video than the video player at fault.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
If I could just say that not being able to maintain a stable internet connection makes me want to scream

because this is a thing that is very completely true

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, I'm having that problem as well. Not sure if it's Comcast or my router, but it just ... stops ... every other day or so, and I have to unplug things to get it working again.

Rep:
Level 96
Update: Moved the router 10 feet closer to my desktop computer. Now it's 3 times faster. ::)

Rep:
Level 84
That's why I only use an Ethernet cable. I'm so far away from my router (my family has it upstairs by the family computer).

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Ugh! I can't get Ruby to install on Windows properly. It is annoying me beyond belief! Time to try Ubuntu!
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 96
Tried to play a game on Steam, today.

4:00 : Shitty router drops connection for about 30 minutes. (Even though it's rated #2 on Google Shopping, and is a "great router!")
4:30 : Router finally fixed, internet working again.
5:00 : Internet stops suddenly, again. Turns out it was Comcast this time.
6:00 : Comcast service is back, router not working. (I plugged directly in to the modem, and it was fine.)
6:30 : Factory reset router, internet working again.
7:15 : Router drops connection again.
7:30 : Internet's back, but Steam is down. Can't log in.

I'm about to have a fucking aneurysm.

edit: Oh, it's a Steam update?

God. Dammit. I just want to fucking play video games on my one goddamn day off.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 11:38:50 PM by Arlen »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
:(   

* Jules hugs you

I've had days like that ;9

Rep:
Level 96
I need to edit some PDFs, so I went to piratebay to download Acrobat. But then I thought "wait, there's a trial period, so there's really no need for me to do this." So I went and tried to download it from Adobe's website, and it made me install Air, and then use their ridiculous download assistant software. And then it wouldn't even let me download it because of "restrictive access permissions." I couldn't figure out how to fix it. The one thing the download assistant is meant for (assisting downloads), and it couldn't even do it.

So I went back to piratebay.

This could have been easy, Adobe. This could have resulted in me NOT illegally obtaining your program. You brought this on yourself.