RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The End of Mankind . . . .

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
I've always pondered how mankind will eventually end, and I've been wondering how other people think about the same subject. And please, don't say mankind won't end, because all things must end weather you believe in science or not.

I would like for you to please state the most possible event or situation that would end our exsistence.

Quite frankly, I believe it will be super-virus that is highly contagious and kills fast. It is most likely because diseases evolve and mutate much faster than out science can keep up with. You?

"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
probally the death of our star....if any eairler it would be caused by man, mmassive genocides/bombs/ maybe zeriab and his troops will kill us( xD )
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
If we don't clean up our act, within a couple hundred years we're gonna get owned by the climate?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Yeah, haven't thought of that one, which is actually probably the most likely. But also, Nouman, I don't think it will be WWIII because of Mutually Asured Destruction. But don't get me wrong, it still is very probable especially if a crazy dictator whose about to lose power is behind the button.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
that sounds like ian... ok i think the wourld will end because of technology(of course) not that were going to create robot and they will rebel but more of we are slowly becomeing more lazy with each passing day creating new devices to make it eaisier for us to do things while eventually we would all stop moving(and maybe get fat) so that babies would stop being produced then we will slowly die off millions at a time...
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Yukimora . . . wtf.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I don't believe in global-warming, I feel, just like that witch, that if we all pretend it doesn't exist the problem will go away. :V

Uhhhh, I think the idea with the sun burning out being the cause of mankind's end isn't exactly plausible, in the five billion years it will take for the sun to die and if man is still here I can't imagine a picture where we don't have the technology to move to another system. Hell, give us a few hundred years and we will be able to do that.

As to the super-virus: Ever heard of nanobots? One of the official dooms day theories would be one of them going rouge and turning into a super-virus type thing...

As to a serious point on global warming: Modern solutions to a modern problem, changing our lifestyles would only slow down the problem because of the damage already in play, that and CO2 gases are naturally released. Given that animals release more CO2 then we do combined, it may be a naturally occurring phenomena from a newly evolved species!  You can't just put the blame on man without the proper knowhow.

@Yukimora- Not even slightly, your just not aware how far and how much we will be able to do with future inventions and discoveries. Gene manipulation would get rid of our little fat problem, with the introduction of nanotechnology we will have the ability to create tiny bots to replace our immune system, wiping out all diseases.

I think it's possible for the new technologies to destroy us for other reasons, just not those.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Yeah, nanobots? Ehh....I don't think Star Trek stuff like won't happen in our lifetime. According to Russian Reaserch during the Cold War, by combing smallpox with the flu, you create a lethal virus strain. Only those living in the most remote isolated areas wouldn't be able to survive.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
What Silver said, Climates gonna officially OWN US.

You see, it's written in those books, the 267 pages space encyclopedias that the sun will keep increasing in size and gobble up mercury n venus, and the Earth will become HOT, i mean the HOT HOT , not the Silver "HOT", the ppl may die due to you know over heatness, or maybe the sun gobbles us up too, and also that after the sun is big, it will all of a sudden shrink into a white dwarf, then no light will remain, and that guy who lives down the alley can finally rule us.
wow
Arlen is hot.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Modern solutions to a modern problem, changing our lifestyles would only slow down the problem because of the damage already in play, that and CO2 gases are naturally released. Given that animals release more CO2 then we do combined, it may be a naturally occurring phenomena from a newly evolved species!  You can't just put the blame on man without the proper knowhow.

We mass-breed literally billions of cattle, sheep, chickens etc, whilst destroying vast amounts of plant life and forestation =o
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

@Yukimora- Not even slightly, your just not aware how far and how much we will be able to do with future inventions and discoveries. Gene manipulation would get rid of our little fat problem, with the introduction of nanotechnology we will have the ability to create tiny bots to replace our immune system, wiping out all diseases.

What if that same little robot started moving, and actually disrupted our system. New technologies meean more problems, to make all of them, a big amount of plants and trees and minerals are being used. If they dont survive, no petrol for our cars. Now they may make something else with minerals to replace petrol, but the minerals will also eventually...dissapear.
And water, water is used in everything, they may make this super water running car engine, but that'll lead to a bigger crisis. As only 0.014% o water is available for drinking, at this moment. So it'll eventually go.
We'll die either ways, but not like tommorrow, when silver is going to die(yes im killing him ;D) like after a million years maybe.
Arlen is hot.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Yeah, nanobots? Ehh....I don't think Star Trek stuff like won't happen in our lifetime. According to Russian Reaserch during the Cold War, by combing smallpox with the flu, you create a lethal virus strain. Only those living in the most remote isolated areas wouldn't be able to survive.
Lol, nanotech is becoming one of the biggest things being researched atm, and it wouldn't be impossible to see it in our lifetimes. It moved from the pages of science fiction a long time ago.

We mass-breed literally billions of cattle, sheep, chickens etc, whilst destroying vast amounts of plant life and forestation =o
Something that's needed. More people, more food. As to the deforestation, while it may be a tad excessive, is needed too. When you don't have all the facts it's easy to point the finger, global warming has been manipulated and modified in the same key as those marijuana ads, it's still an uncertainty. 

What if that same little robot started moving, and actually disrupted our system.
Ever heard of nanobots? One of the official dooms day theories would be one of them going rouge and turning into a super-virus type thing...

It's impossible to have any clue as to when mankind will end, it could end tomorrow, or quite frankly, never. Not matter what situation you can think of, there is a way around it.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
Global warming won't make humans extinct. Do you people even know what it is?

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Global warming won't make humans extinct. Do you people even know what it is?

It no doubt wont wipe out the whole of the Human race... It may not even effect some people / countries.

My thoughts

IDEA 1

I think Iran HAS nukes, a fair few of them...  I think should an American set foot on Iranian soil with hostile intent with orders of war then we will see the start of the end...

A Holy war will be entered into as America as the agressor, we all have people with a strong Muslim religious fibre within out communities... I can see the War hitting us all even on our own door steps...

So my Answer is WEST Vs EAST World War 3 (That is if a nuke gets launched)

IDEA 2

Aids gets the final gene it needs to go air born, we get infectted, there's not enough medication to keep us all alive so only the rich will live, and in most cases the rich are middle aged and not the best for reproducing, the dead will occur faster than we can bury them and infections and illness will wipe out every one...

IDEA 3

The Earth gets hit by a large Commet

IDEA 4

We launch our first interstella ship and traverse the solar system, another race spots us and invades our planet

IDEA 5

Some ones Fridge gets full of Nitrus oxide and the pressure in the air tight contianer is so high it causes and Explotion like nothng seen before and wipes out the planet.

----END NOTE----

OK some of those... well may be all of them are me being creative...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Grey Goo ftw!!

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...

It's impossible to have any clue as to when mankind will end, it could end tomorrow, or quite frankly, never. Not matter what situation you can think of, there is a way around it.

Well if mankind keeps living and living we will eventually, over millenia, evolve by ourselves or with the assistance of machines. In other words, we will no longer be the "men you recognize today.

And it's quite possible for a rouge black hole to come our way in the next thousand years. In fact it's like, #7, on the most possible ways mankind will end, #1 being global warming, and 2 a super virus.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
The human race is not going to survive, and even if it does, it'll probably die due to lack of things like water and other such stuff
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The human race is not going to survive, and even if it does, it'll probably die due to lack of things like water and other such stuff

lack of water? as global warming becomes a bigger problem, more ice caps melt and a lot of more water is freed into the oceans, later even causing beaches to be pushed more back due to water flooding the land.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Hohoho, my dear friend, the water will cause floods, causing half the people to die, and it will mix with sea water, so we can't drink it. If we don't drink, we die.
Arlen is hot.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Nightwolf... LOL

If you get Sea Water place in a metal dish put fire below it to heat the water to boiling point and have a canapie above to catch the condinsation the water will run down and be salt free (The salt will remain in the dish).

You can buy these if your at sea:- http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/drinkseawater.html

WATCH THIS VIDEO

Fridge Bomb:- http://www.theworstsite.com/?id=-2030544323 (one of these could end Mankind)

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Its always funny to watch chavs nearly kill them selves

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Floods would create refugees and thus crowding us in. Low level farms would perish because of bad water and the low amount of food would cause millions to die, escecially those in poverty. Poverty would create wars for food, and then on and on.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Well personally i think the human race would die due to a nucular holocaust, or another race finding us and thinking we were to stupid to live.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nightwolf... LOL

If you get Sea Water place in a metal dish put fire below it to heat the water to boiling point and have a canapie above to catch the condinsation the water will run down and be salt free (The salt will remain in the dish).

You can buy these if your at sea:- http://ga.water.usgs.gov/edu/drinkseawater.html

WATCH THIS VIDEO

Fridge Bomb:- http://www.theworstsite.com/?id=-2030544323 (one of these could end Mankind)

I knew if i get into the Intelligent Debate again I'd get OWNED.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
A good eventer and story creator.
I've always pondered how mankind will eventually end, and I've been wondering how other people think about the same subject. And please, don't say mankind won't end, because all things must end weather you believe in science or not.

I would like for you to please state the most possible event or situation that would end our exsistence.

Quite frankly, I believe it will be super-virus that is highly contagious and kills fast. It is most likely because diseases evolve and mutate much faster than out science can keep up with. You?

There are different scenario's, but I don't think a super-virus will do it, after all the Spanish flu, MRSA, Avian flu, just aren't cutting it.

I'd consider something like Haley's comet blasting into us.

A black hole sucking us up.

A major nuclear disaster

The sun blowing up if we don't get off the planet in time.
Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before Finality

Family Motto.