RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy Spinoff

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Just kind of a teaser for one of the 2 projects I'm currently working on.

Yes, I know UNLIMITED the anime already exist:

1. Title is not final.
2. It's not based/related/or has anything in common with it.

The game will have completely original characters, story, world, etc.

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
In regards to Point 2, and the fact you have completely original characters...

...why do a Final Fantasy game? You're just gonna raise people's expectation to that of an exemplary RPG series.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Final Fantasy game?
vanilla RPG series.
Fix'd.

I prefer Shin Megami Tensei, actually. Final fantasy is boring (for the most part) and doesn't do anything for me.

The simple mechanics and repetitive gameplay are some of the reasons why beginners tend towards making fangames of it.

Drop the Final Fantasy title, show some cool gameplay, and I'll probably pick it up.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
yum vanilla

But, if anything, if he's going to go for a "Final Fantasy" title while making it original, it's more for the publicity and the attention anyways. Not to bash him, though; it's a fairly effective technique. P:

Rep:
Level 78
Artist for Hire
Hey, don't knock it. He could just be a really big fan who wants to add to the genre in his own way. Even if only by a free-use fangame.

There are a few people who love Final Fantasy enough to want to be a part of it, although an unrealistic goal (unless they are Japanese and...you know...working for Square or something), so they instead move on to the more realistic goal of a fangame. There's nothing wrong with that.

Sure, most fangames turn out to be horrible contrived pieces of rubbish with bad artwork and no plot, but hey -- so do most RPG Maker games in general. Or at least, the games I've come across do -- if they ever get finished that is.

Personally, I'm working on a fangame myself, but one I hope will end the stereotyping of fangames being horrible. When I say there will be original artwork and storyline, I mean it. This has been a year+ job that is not even half done yet, since I'm taking time making sure everything is kosher before proceeding. I haven't even debuted yet, knowing I'm not finished enough to promise results.

I am just a big fan and want to be a part of FF even if only in my dreams. This guy could be doing the same *shrugs*.

Shiroiyuki’s Artwork

ATTENTION:
Scripters, Eventers, and other Coding-Veterans!! If you are interested in doing a 'Talent Swap', I am willing to trade artwork for scripting help! Create extra replay value with beautiful custom graphics. Contact me via PM.

Rep:
Level 83
Again, this is how our forum is. Deal with it.

That being said, I agree with Moo. It is a good publicity technique

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
>all this stuff about publicity

Motha eff, I just wanted to make a RPG based on the Final Fantasy games, such as the job change system, battle system, etc, but with a completely original storyline, characters, and what not.

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Rep:
Level 83
Guess what? Other RPGs use job systems and battle systems too. Have you noticed that FF doesn't really keep the same things through out the series?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
>all this stuff about publicity

Motha eff, I just wanted to make a RPG based on the Final Fantasy games, such as the job change system, battle system, etc, but with a completely original storyline, characters, and what not.

you don't need to call it FF then.
a lot of the things FF uses in its games are just RPG Staple Mechanics that have been around for a long time.

I mean, if you want to call it FF go right ahead, but more often than not people will automatically assume "Game is Crap" because it looks like a spinoff.  If it's an original game then it shouldn't be called a fangame.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep