RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
@ryosis - I like the new cliffs. They make it all look a little darker mood wise.

@dizturbed - I love the character your map got when you arranged the walls! Great! The outer wall still looks like it needs to be two tiles tall. Lookin good!

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
Did a little experimenting with the cliffs on the map I posted earlier. I think the new cliffs are an improvement, but I wanted to get some opinions from y'all.

Spoiler for:

So, what do you guys think? Stick with the old cliffs, or go with the new cliffs?

I prefer these new cliffs, as well. They look a lot more realistic. And I didn't mention this last time, but you did a good job with the cobblestone path and the mud. I like the addition of the Inn's sign, but I'm not quite sure what's going on with that lamppost-looking thing above it is -- is it inside the Inn, or is it just hanging there? (I can't make out its support.)

@Dizturb3d -- This looks a lot better. Although you didn't take anything in that much, it still looks a lot more manageable. There's a lot less empty space!

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
It's attached to the...whatever the architectural term is for that semi-circular thing on the side is.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
Oh! Okay, cool. Yeah, I just couldn't see it, but that makes sense!

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Decided to revive one of my old games. Here's the menu for the game. It's Cross Basic Menu XP by Crosslight.
Spoiler for:

Im not sure about the Window-back opacity for the menu. Also not happy with the icons or the text yet. Anthing I should change for it?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:49:47 PM by The Shadow »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Shiny! But the exit icon doesn't have the same theme as the rest of the icons...Or am I just hitting the nog to hard.

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Shiny! But the exit icon doesn't have the same theme as the rest of the icons...Or am I just hitting the nog to hard.

I would agree on that one.. Its a little out of place I think :(
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I'm on the fence when it comes to the font. It doesn't look bad, though. I think it would look better if it were smaller and a little lighter.

As for the icons, it would probably be for the best to change them, especially that exit icon. The menu opacity is good, though.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I agree. There's just something not quite perfect about the font. I'm sorry I don't have a good suggestion for the exit icon but I agree, it should change.

Rep:
Level 89
Thx for the comments about the icons! I was really unhappy with them and now I know Im not the only one disliking them.

Here's the new icons:
Spoiler for:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Much better!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Yeah! Definitely much better!

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
@Ryosis, I think your map is excellent, the light, shadows charas. ConGratx.
@The Shadow, I like it the portraits and windowskin is amazing.
--
I post here a Game Snapshot of Christmas Special Game:

Spoiler for:

I put here the download but…, the problem is the game is in Spanish.

MediaFire:

4Shared:
Nos vemos!, ajuaahh!
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 89
Don't put download links here. If you want people to download your game, make a topic for the game instead.
Here's a new screen from me. Haven't mapped for 1 year or something.

Spoiler for Image:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Some of the trees on the left side of the map are questionable. There are also some tiles of shadow that are darker than the adjacent tiles for no apparent reason, and it looks a little out of place considering how square it is. Also, to the left of the steps the cliff face ceases to exist in favour of the trees. I'm not sure if this should be considered an issue, but I noticed it, and point it out I must. The tree second to the left of the path at the top is rather peculiar too.

Other than those minor problems (which are expected after a year of no practice) THAT MAP IS BEAUTIFUL AND THIS THREAD HAS MISSED YOU.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
What do you mean by questionable? If you mean the missing portions of the two trees to the right of the big one, then there are events there that hold those missing pieces. I also don't see where the shadowing problem is, but I agree that the cliff face looks awkward.

The only other comment that I have is that the pool seems kind of small for all the water that's flowing into it, but I suppose it could be very deep and have a tunnel under the ground for it to escape through.

But yeah, Shadow, that is a great map.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Had to double-check my comments just to make sure I'm not going entirely mental. I always forget that events do things in mapping because I don't map ever and haven't in almost two years (and even when I did, it wasn't thought-out at all), so you've completely called me out on that one. Pardon my mistake, I'm a bit of a dolt as I'm sure you know well by now.

The peculiar tree I mentioned was this one I've gracefully attempted to 'circle' (although the shape enclosing it is more of a skewed ellipse than a circle):
Spoiler for:

Here's an example of the shadowing 'issue':
Spoiler for:
And note that by 'an example' I mean 'the only evidence I can find'. I'm sure I saw another one earlier.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I'm not a mapper, but here's something I did in about 15mins.
Can I get some feedback/rating?

Spoiler for:
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
I'm not a mapper, but here's something I did in about 15mins.
Can I get some feedback/rating?

Spoiler for:

The tree's/grass looks too piled and close together. It doesn't look natural.
If I were you, i'd spread out the tree's and grass even more to make it look more vibrant.
for example, don't put a tree so close together, but don't let it go that far apart aswell.
Here's an example of a map I just threw together. As you can see, I spreaded the tree's out, but not by much.
I also like to mix and match the grasses together just for the hell of it, since I think it looks pretty :)
Spoiler for:
なんでやねん

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I can't see DnP's screenshot so I can't comment on that, but I think mixing the grasses is a bad idea. In real life, grass is only discolored next to normal grass because the discolored grass has been underneath something, keeping it from rain.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
I prefer to place most of the grass under and around trees (including those shaping the edges of the map) or objects.
And agree that mixing grass doesn't seem that great.
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:16:29 PM by Milennin »
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
If I were you, i'd spread out the tree's and grass even more to make it look more vibrant.
Oh I see what you mean :)

I can't see DnP's screenshot so I can't comment on that, but I think mixing the grasses is a bad idea. In real life, grass is only discolored next to normal grass because the discolored grass has been underneath something, keeping it from rain.
I keep thinking about football stadiums (or just sports stadiums in general really). Seems to have different coloured grass usually.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Like this?
Spoiler for:

(I realized after the fact that you probably meant soccer, but I think it gets the point across regardless.)

The grass is actually mowed in a certain way to look like that.

Edit: Here's what they do: http://www.scag.com/lawnstriping.html
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:55:24 PM by Acolyte »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Oh I know how it's done :) That was my way of trying to compare AbsoluteIce's method of dual coloured grasslands, can't really think of anywhere besides stadiums and farms where you'd find that happening IRL.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I also like to mix and match the grasses together just for the hell of it, since I think it looks pretty :)

I've seen a lot of games do this. While I won't argue against personal style or taste - I'm pretty sure not many people share my love of the Victorian era, for instance - I would generally advise against mixing different kinds of grass. Acolyte pretty much hit the nail on the head regarding how to mix grass... ahem, "correctly."