RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Black Sun TEAM RECRUITMENT

Rep:
Level 87
   Welcome to my recruitment thread! I'm looking for a good team to help along my project, Shining Doom, and to turn out other great games in the future. The game may take alot of time to make, so I'm looking for dedicated members.

WHAT I CAN DO
-Leadership and Organization
-Any story matters (open for suggestions)
-Map/dungeon/overworld editing
-Event Systems
-Drawing
-Basic scripting
-Spriting

POSITIONS NEEDED
For details of each job, read below.

Spoiler for "Job Details":
Scripters
   I've got some high expectations for this game's features. The scripters main jobs will be to modify and organize the scripts already in the game, and to edit things like menus and the battle system.

Enemy Spriters
   It is very important that enemy spriters are dedicated to their job. This can easily be the hardest job, b/c monsters come in so much variety and number. However, the enemy spriters can always contact me or other spriting members for help. Also, since monsters are so diverse, this can also be the funest job, considering how much you can revel in our own glory after your done.

Graphic Artist
 Also VERY important for the game to standout along with its makers.
The graphic artist will handle:
 - Portraits (48x48 pixel faces),
 - Title screen and gameover graphics
 - Menu styles and art
 - Concept Art.

Passability, Tileset Editor
   I'm looking for someone who is interested in detailed tilesets. In other words, a bit beyond the RTP standards. Also, I'm using an excellent pixel movement script in the game. It uses passablilty fields based on an image apart from the map/tileset. The pixel movement script I'm using uses actual pixels to determine passabilty, where white pixels are passable and black pixels are not. The tileset editor, since the fiields are based off the tileset, are in charge of this.

Animation Editor
   Animation is what gives the battle its "flare." Editors should be somewhat advanced in spriting, beyond the casual, anyways.

Character/Actor Spriter
   This is a combined job of charset maker (for actors) and spriteset maker. Once again, I'm looking to expand the sprites beyond the RTP look. Mainly, I want to get of the googly-eyed big head sprites and use more anatomic sprites, though no more bigger than 32x48. Spritesets will be detailed, and have about 4-8 frames per action for the side-view system. (Minkoff's)

Background Editor
This is the editor of battle backdrops and panoramas, basically all things that require a landscapers eye.

Sound Effects/Music Editor
  The sound editors are responsible for all things audio. That includes all music and sound effects. "Music is the language of the gods." My teacher always said, and I'm looking for those can speak it. I'm hoping to make most, if not all the tracks in the game, original.

If you wish to apply for a position, state it, and give a small example of your work.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 06:05:13 AM by da good king »

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
I'm a good thinker so can come up with peoples names, weapons, items and stuff.

Rep:
Level 87
awesome. I'm no sure when this project will get under way, depends when I can meet some recruitment standards...I'll PM u when it gets started.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 04:08:49 AM by da good king »

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
K, waiting for PM.

Rep:
Level 87
What I like?Anime, RPG's...I already said anime?
I could be a graphic artist, altrough I sucks at doing Faces  :'(
I am also good thinking in names for people and wepons and others things
Current Game> Elemental Saga: The Beginning
Story: 99%
Characters: 100%
Mapping: 0%
Scripts: 99%
Database: 50%

Rep:
Level 87
well, when i thought it over the graphic artist had quite a few jobs, so i suppose you could do things like menu windowskins. Also, since the graphic artist is suppose to actually draw things, I'll need to see an example of your work before I can add you.

Rep:
Level 87

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I like the way you have made this recruitment topic. It is a lovely idea to visualize it through pictures with RTP graphics they way you have done.
Great job ^_^

I hope you will have luck with recruiting people.

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, me to.

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
What are your windowskins going to look like?

Rep:
Level 86
hey third time ive replied to this topic trying to apply for enemy spriter! but my post never shows??? hmmmn any how i am black sheep ive never worked on a game but i did a lot of work for people one on one kind of deal they need this sprite i make or find it then i get credit for what ever i did! well i mostly edit existing sprites but i am verry good at what i do take a look at the images they go to my game. please reply soon as to stop people from ripping me off!!!

first ones the one i made the seconds the one i made it out of. the third is a dwarven hound i made for a fantasy game.
let me know what you think. bsheep
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:28:18 PM by bsheep »

Rep:
Level 87
those are real good sprites!

problem is, (and I should have included this in the detail, sry) I'm not using RMXP's default battle system, and so, not those kinds of sprites. I'm using animated side-view sprites for enemies and actors. It may even be a view style where ur facing forward and they're facing at you, I rly wish I could have multi-cam, but that'd be a miracle.

Rep:
Level 86
oh ok thats cool ill remove my sprites now just thought i would try
to get on a team as every time i try to make a team it falls on its face
because i am a unknown :(. but ill keep looking around thanks!