RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shining Doom MAJOR UPDATE

Rep:
Level 87
THE GAME
  This is my first major project, and I've been working it out for a long time now. This is also the first of a two part saga. The concept of the game is a simple RPG with a basic layout and system, which is described later in the topic. The story is below:

ONE CALM DAY (15 years after the Cataclysm)...
In Western Orion:
  We come to the life of (darel), a (boy) from Orion who, like almost all the rest of his age group, never knew his parents. Every man alive was involved in the war in some way, except on Ateria, and most children at the time were simply left on orphanage doors or with relatives, in this case, a shopkeeper named Burne. (Darel) has always wished to know his parents, who left (him) not but one thing: a glowing blade, which he has never dared unsheath for some mysterious reason.

On another normal day like any other, (Darel) was just hanging out with his best friends Raven and John. His by all rights father, Burne, sends him on a small mission to clear up some trouble outside the city. On the way, (Darel) notices some oddly black clouds coming in, but ignores them anyway and continues on. All goes with the mission until the storm rolls in. When he turned back, it was to see thick black smoke issueing from the city.

Characters-
You Make The Hero! Though the default will be shown here-

Name: Darel
Race: Lux
Element: Sun
Class: Fighter
Background: A normal girl from the small
city of Minshi. A brave but often rash youth.

Name: Raven
Race: Ater
Element: Dark
Class: Mage
Background: One of (Darel's) best friend
and an accomplished mage. She has a
calm and dreamy attitude.

Name: John
Race: Lux
Element: Earth
Class: Soldier
Background: (Darel's) other best friend.
He is optimistic and easily arrogant, and
he wishes to some day join the Orion Army.

Gameplay/Concept-
  This is a very simple side-view turn based game with "Amri" powers and class skills. The hero is customizable in name, appearance, and value. (class, stats, etc.) The story features in-depth characters and a long twisting road to the climactic end. Sidequests are always available, along with missions and an exciting battle colliseum. More info. will be available soon.

FEATURES
 - Weapon "specials." These willl be based on the character.
 - Party Switching, 8 Members
 - Gameover goes to last special point (usually inns)
 - Fully customizable hero
 - Pixel Motion
 - 8 Directional Move
 - Run/Walk
 - SP regeneration overtime

This is a growing project in need of assistance. If you are interested in helping with the project, please see my recruitment topic for the Black Sun Team. Or, if you just want to make some suggestions/comments, post here.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 05:42:54 AM by da good king »

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
The plot sounds very nice, even if a bit cliche.

Most of my issues are visual.

The main character's sprite could be better.
Fix your goddamn shadow transparency.

This, that I threw together for a game of mine ages ago, might help you make your marketplace more dynamic:

(I don't care if you give me credit or not)
Here is the market I used it for:
Spoiler for:
Try pulling random objects out of other tilesets and putting it in there to make your marketplace seem more dynamic. The same thing over and over again isn't very exciting or interesting. I highly reccomend 036-Shop01.

Rep:
Level 87
The plot sounds very nice, even if a bit cliche.

Most of my issues are visual.

lol....*sigh* that's good!

I needed some thoughts on the quality of the story and to what people thought about THAT. I've been swamped in scripts and resource gathering right now, and both those image and sprites were EXTREMELY thrown together, mainly so my topic wouldn't just be a story.

-shadows fixed. thanx for pointing that out, missed it somehow.
-and i see what u mean about random objects.

back to the game:
ADDING FEATURES above

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Well, heh, I think the story sounds pretty great. A lot better than most of the ideas around here, anyways.

Rep:
Level 87
Screenshots updated, hoping they look a little better. Though I'm sure how can make the tavern appear less empty.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
So I'm assuming it has somewhat of a middle eastern feel to it? I guess thats pretty unique.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Rep:
Level 87
Jensa does...other nations have other themes. (though their behaviors ARE NOT what I think of the nations their themes are based on.

Rep:
Level 87
updated BATTLE FEATURES to inlcude a small vid of the most underated game ever...to get a sense of what it could look like.

DERP ME
Rep:
Level 87
Wheeeeeeee
You have a mistake in the first screenshot.

Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 88
The name Darel, sounds like a boy name to me, and yet for some reason you think of it as a girls name :-\ why is this?

But otherwise, this game sounds nice.

Rep:
Level 87
what? OH!  major mistake. my bad.