RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Would you rather know your future? Or the planets future?

Poll

Would you rather know your future? Or the planet's future?

The plannet's future
My future

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It's been pondering my mind what I would rather know. My future, or the planet's future. Which would you rather know? Please discuss and explain your choice.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
iF I knew my future I would be able to see how the world is..if I'm alive then cool + I learn what's going to to happen to me.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Mine. Definitly mine. If I was OK in the future then I would presume that the Planet was OK. Or. That, or I could be alive on the moon or something.

Rep:
Level 89
I wouldnt like to know either, because if you knew your future and it was good you might stop caring because you know it will turn out good, but if you stop caring your future will change, If you know your future then you are doomed to destroy it.And to be quite honest i couldn't give 2 shits if the earth blows up in 10 days or 10 millenia were gonna be dead either way.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
The planet's future? What is that? I already know that the Earth will made unrecognizable when the Sun turns into a red giant in a few billion years.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:00:30 AM by Saladin »

Rep:
Level 89
Again i bring up what i said, were dead no matter when the planets gets fucked.

pokeball SetOffline
Banned
Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I am Set, god of storms, the desert, and evil
Planet, if you know when the sun's going out, you'll just know (unless if its in the near future) If you know about your future...well...think Final Destination

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
Well, I would kinda like to have a glimpse of my future, to see if I'm making some good choices. Like that movie Click with Adam Sandler, sometimes a guy just needs a break. Though I don't need a UNIVERSAL universal remote.
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Rep:
Level 89
Between the two choices, I am actually more interested in the planet's future. More on the lines of the world's future outcome, e.g. next world war? dominating countries? Those make good writing material  ;D
My rpg (in-making) : http://junkart.wikidot.com/

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
Between the two choices, I am actually more interested in the planet's future. More on the lines of the world's future outcome, e.g. next world war? dominating countries? Those make good writing material  ;D

Rule of Acquisition #34 - War is good for business.
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Rep:
Level 89
If the world knows its future then the superpowers of the world will make it happen, anybody seen paycheck? it will turn out like that f we know our own futures. If we know the planets then we could try changing it, but we wouldnt anyway.

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
i would like to see the planets future because our future isnt predetermind so it wouold be more like a trick and eaither make you do better or worse depending on what your future was dipicted as in the illusion...
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 87
Well heres my thinking:

For the planets future- If we know the future then we are destined to make the opposite happen so either we're gonna bone the planet and die soon or save it and die of old age, after which I dont give a damn because...HEY! I'm dead.

My future- Depends on whether time travel rules apply because we could end up with a terminator style time line where it cycles between 3 different time lines perpetually. If not then I would like to know my own future because man has the power to change his destiny, just not the worlds. When man tries screwing around with something that large he usually gets boned along with what ever he was messing with.(of course indirect premonitions may escape the system. Nostradomus anyone?)

So ultimately I say Fuck the planet and tell me whats comin my way. >_<
                                                                                                       \                       
                                                                                                       YEAH

PS: Anyone seen X?
Project: Kurotsuki -Black Moon Fable
Progress: 3%

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
This was on Everybody Votes Channel.

My own future, because it may involve the planets.

Rep:
Level 87
My own future because if my future's is good then I'll know the planets is too. I mean if I'm sailing through the ocean and it suddenly lights on fire, that not good for me or the planet.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
My future...

1. Because I'm greedy

2. If I'm fine then the rest of the human population is fine.

~Winged

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
My future, because everything will be Ragnarok'd any how.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
*shrug*

planet's. If i know mine then ill be compelled to either avoid it or indulge in it, and then id have no free will.

The planet's is already known, so id just be getting another armageddon lesson.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I would love to know the planet's future. My life will be over in a flash on a grand scale, and the earth's would be far more interesting to witness. Great topic btw.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I wouldn't want to know either. Let it surprise me.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
oh.

Well, if know and witness are synonymous, then fuck, im watching the world explode :P

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I may sound like those show offs who say enjoy you're time, but seriously, I don't Care.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Oh lord, I NEVER want to know my future. No matter how much I beg or plead, do not tell me.

Serious spoilers.

I voted The Planet's, but I may not want to know that either. What if it ends in twenty years?!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Then you better start working out so you can get laid.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

*disconnects his internets, hits the gym*

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
The Planets future. I don't care about my future. Things will just happen.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Planets, I guess. It'd sound clicheƩ if I said nothing is exciting when you know ur own future.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88
Planet's future. But actually I don't care either way. I don't really want to know the future. And you can't see your future because your future is up to you. You can change your future at any time.

Rep:
Level 87
RMU Admin
Planets. so i could do my best to prevent bad stuff that will happen in the future.