RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Heart of the Unknown (Currently no Demo)

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Story: A young man who has no idea of who he is, where he was born, or even how old he is. But he will soon find out more than he'd prefer. For this boy, Tiro, has the Heart of the Unknown.

The Heart of the Unknown: This is a kind of virus, but is very rare, and can only be grasped by the ones with a mysterious past, such as Tiro's. But when Tiro finds out where he was born, he also finds out he has heart troubles. He thinks nothing of it, and decides to find out more. Day by day, Tiro discovers more, but loses more than he could possibly imagine: his very heart and soul. For once you've found out everything you need to, the Unkown will take over your heart. Forever.

Tiro's story: After Tiro finds out there's something wrong with him, he also decides to find out more about that. Especially after he lost control over his body, and when he regained it, he found himself holding a blood-stained sword, which was driven through his best friends heart. What might it have been that made Tiro regain self sense? The shock of this sight? Or is Tiro stronger than most people? He decides to find out (again). After many days of searching, he finally comes across something.

In a book? He reads about the Unknown in a book in the library in the city of Chanba on the continent of Maloran. He reads all about how it takes over your body the more you find out about yourself. After Tiro finished reading this, his eyes turned from brown, to a stone cold gaze, one that a demon might have. DarkTiro stands up, and slaughters everyone... on the continent...

DarkTiro: Now we know that the Unknown is more powerful than Tiro, it decides to start an organization, one proving that they are better than Ace/Lord Dakron, the Demon King. He founds the Chaos Alliance, and searches for many groups to join. He manages to get the Demon Executive that is currently working for Ace. He acts as a spy. Tiro also manages to get the Grim Reaper, but his loyalt lies with Ace. Tiro isn't too happy with this, and destroys him. Later, Tiro manages to take over many dark sides, such as Vampires, Orcs and the Undead.

Alex & Max: Two brothers who come from a long line of heroes. They were first sent out to save the crystals from destruction, form the Soul Crystal and restore world peace. Not long after that, they took on the quest of finding the Secret Prince before Ace got him. Once again, they succeeded. And now, this is their greatest challenge yet. Will they succeed? Or will they not be able to match DarkTiro's possible unlimited powers?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long summary, I know. :P Not too far on this, and don't have a demo yet (shows you how far I am), but I do have a single screenshot XD

This is someone who I won't say anything about until we reach that point. At the moment, I have the storyline, I'm working on the items, but I do need character sprites/faces. And I might need help on maps. Anyways, if you want to help, go right ahead. Join team Elfenbow :P More screenshots to come ;)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
A hero with anmesia...?  BRILLIANT!!

Sarcastic remarks aside, there seem to be enough quirks in this to turn it away from the archetype.  Make it original enough, and people will ignore the overused intro.

The book thing is reminding me of Time Stalkers... any relation?

Rep:
Level 89
Call it too lazy to get a good avatar.
I can only say one thing. Sorry. Why is to the fact that I try to keep as little room as posible on my computer. One RPG maker is enough. I have the XP(The one downloaded here at crankeye). Sorry I can't play sence it is apparently an XP
Sir Acer is back. This time, he has nothing. Its a fresh start.
____

Yossy: Thanks for comments :) And, well, I have no idea what Time Stalkers is, lol. Well, if people like the idea, I'm cool with it.

Ace: Too bad :( Oh well, I might not have the demo up for a while anyway so you're not really missing out on anything. XD I'd like to use XP, but it doesn't work :(

Rep:
Level 89
Call it too lazy to get a good avatar.
The part where you said "Ace:" made no sence...
Sir Acer is back. This time, he has nothing. Its a fresh start.
____

It's there to show that I was talking to you XD
Btw everyone, new screenshots should be up soon :)