RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
No music

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
When i play the game and in the maker i cant get the music to play can anyone help me ???         :mex:

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
When you made the made, did you select a BGM in the prefrences (where you name the ma and pick the tileset)?
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

well i had music 2 days ago and i cant play the music in any way i cant even play it in play BGM for fun      :bean:
and yes i selected bgm in the prefrences

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Ok, I have no friggin' idea what could be wrong then... Are your speakers on/plugged in?
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

lol yeah there in allright ;8

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Check Control Panel and look for the volume. See if it's muted? :P I think this is mostly Computing, maybe?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Go into your master volume control from the control pannel. Make sure everything is turned up, and nothing's muted.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Just in the odd case that by in the maker you mean testing-game, make sure that BGM music is enabled when you press F1 during test-play.

Ok its something to do with rpg because music and sound work on everything to do with rpg maker not the master volume or speakers and it sosent work in other projects

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
When you go to play the game press F1

On the screen that comes up, make sure that Play BGM and ME is selected.

when i press F1 in the maker it comes up with help but when playing it comes up with  nothing and i cant get music to play in the maker when you go on play music for fun it all worked a while ago but it just stopped i think after i imported some midis i dont know :-\

I have encountered this as well. It doesn't matter if you are playing a game in Demo mode, Regular Mode, Or just listening to the midis through the maker itself, you simply do not hear any music.
I have also encountered something curious about it, if you have a midi playing in RPGMaker and you open up a midi (any midi) file in windows media player you hear both midis.  This leads me to think that this problem is caused by windows media player, but I haven't found a solution.

yes thats the problem :mex:      please does anyone know the soloution to this problem

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The problem is not Windows Media Player. The player in RMXP is a separate player: of course you can play them both at the same time. I'd suggest re-installing the program, but I don't know what caused the problem.

UNLESS, do you have the volume set to a hear-able volume in the setting to the side when you want to play music?

Like:

List of  Songs

||||||||            Volume
||||||||             100%
||||||||              ||
||||||||              ||
||||||||              50%
||||||||              || 
||||||||              ||
||||||||               0%
||||||||               
||||||||
||||||||
||||||||             Pitch       
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 07:24:52 PM by modern algebra »

yes it on a hearable volume

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
... Try re-installing like MA said. That's seriously some gay stuff.

Reinstalling fixed the problem for me. Though still curious why it happened, btw I encountered it in 2k and 2k3 not Xp.