RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPGMXP Playing.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hello everyone. I'm new to these forums and only been making games for a few days, so please go easy on me.

I sent my friend a zipped version of my game over MSN. I sent him the .dsll, plus all the data and the project files. This was fine, but when he pressed the green 'play' button, the game came up with an error "Failed to create process". He uses the Enterbrain version, like me. Is this a problem with his computer, or is there a file I need to send to him to make it work?

Thank you to whoever replies and tries to help me, no matter how small their input can be.
~Pix~

Rep:
Level 90
Did you compile the game onto a gamedisc?

No I sent the files over MSN.
~Pix~

Edit: By GameDisk you mean CD, yes?

Rep:
Level 90
No, I mean, was the game compiled?

EDIT: Before sending did you go on file then click 'Make Gamedisc'?

Rep:
Level 90
Opppsssss... sorry bout the double post.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
the words...

make a game disk

are slightly missleading, what that button does is complile the game into one solid.exe file. alll you then need to do is send that .exe file along with the .dll file to your mate.

note: msn doesnt like you sending .exe files over it so you can put it into a .zip file and then send it...

Rep:
Level 90
What he said...  :whoa:

Okay! It sorta works now... thanks a lot guys!
However I have another problem. One of the levels, the character continuously walks upwards. I see someone else has this problem too. Any ideas?
~Pix~

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
this may seem silly but check these things:

you dont have any event making him do that
your up key istn stuck down

Rep:
Level 90
Ummm.... Either try what Ahref said, OR, try reinstalling RPG Maker, as there may be something wrong with it  :whoa: