RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Space Distortion

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11

A Unikorn Project

Story & Setting
Spoiler for Story!:
The Morbid race had evolved to traveling the universe. Warping from place to place, they gave technology and insight to various life forms. Earth has also been visited in the year 2064. Now, several decades later (2135) the Morbids have noticed some disturbing changes in space. They call it the distortions.
Not knowing what to do, Captain Morvis, leader of the Dormin fleet, sends Dhi-Fa on a mission to investigate and, if possible, close these distortions.
Spoiler for Setting:
Spoiler for HQ:
HQ is the control room in the spaceship you travel with. Captain Morvis can be found here.
Spoiler for Earth:
Earth, the planet. You'll only see one village on earth but it represents all of the world. Since the Morbids shared their knowledge and their insight, humanity has become aware of environmental issues and started changing their ways as to living.
Spoiler for Carbin:
Carbin is a planet made entirely from crystals. There are hardly any plants to be found, though the animals that live here are sure of food, since they eat rock and crystals. The Carbina are people who live from water and meat, though, space travel also provided them with vegetables from other planets.

Characters
Spoiler for Main & Party:
Spoiler for Dhi-Fa:
Home planet: Morbid
Description: This young graduate of the University has encountered the highest scores ever. Now Dhi-Fa is considered the one person who might find a way to shut the distortions. Unknown to the gender (let's say it's a he, but could very well be a she) he does seem to be a very nice person. Though, he hides his face in the shadow of his hood, like most Morbids do, he still seems to have some fears for what might happen. Helpful, but hiding as usual.
Spoiler for Ja'red:
Home planet: Earth
Description: Ja'red is not the ordinary human being. Yes, he might be looking like a human but his strength shows some Maktor roots as well. Fighting with his swords, he'll never stop until something is beheaded. He is driven and ambitious, which may be a bit of a problem sometimes!
Spoiler for Sitka:
Home planet: Carbin
Description: Sitka is one of the youngest Carbina women who handles a gun like a pro. There is no gun she wouldn't recognise. Though, she is a bit shy, she won't shy out when she can pop some bullets in an enemy.
Spoiler for Shannon:
Home planet: Shireg
Description: With her rich education and her sublime nurturing she might be a little spoiled and    
presumptuous. Though, her nature is not at all like that. She actually is a pretty shy woman with an interest in all sorts of magic. Though it might happen that her pride steps in and she will not fight alongside the others but rather work against them, she still tries to help out where she can.
Spoiler for Oscar:
Home planet: 1981212
Description: Oscar might look like a really old man and he probably is one too. He doesn't speak much and what he says is pretty much all the time cryptic. Only few have ever fully known Oscar but they died in a war on his home planet. It is because of that tragic event that this Jutsu Master decided to never talk again. And remember that when you'll ask, he'll always say "Speaking is forming sentences, talking is the dialog of at least two people speaking towards each other!".
Spoiler for Mecha:
Home planet: Z15OU
Description: People say robots do not have a mind of their own. Well they do! These robots even reproduce and learn. Mecha is one of the few robots who really has a mind of his own. You'll never see him agree with anything he thinks that isn't logical or rational. He might not have a real, beating heart, but his heart is at the right spot!
Spoiler for Kells:
Home planet: Maktor
Description: Kells is just the youngest of a huge family. Her 8 brothers and 16 sisters always got what they deserved to get while Kells needed to fight for her share. One time her father took her to the woods for a walk. A bear killed her father on that trip and she took the bow of his back and fought the beast like a tigress. From then on, she became the killer she never wanted to be, but life had become a bit more brighter for her then. She may come across as a bit harsh and she will most definetly hurt your feelings many, many times. But she's a nice girl once you get to know her.
Spoiler for Pawsy:
Home planet: Rombord
Description: Even though Pawsy's age is just one year, which means on Earth she would be 735 years, she has all experience she needs. As her entire race is catlike (or like any other animal depending on the region they live in) she knows how to fight like a cat and dance like a cat. Also, and this is not a warning, she's not a kitten to grab without gloves. She will figuratively and literally bite! But when she's used to you, she'll be one of the most loyal people to have around!
Spoiler for Important NPC's:
Spoiler for Captain Morvis:
Home planet: Morbid
Description: This young leader of the Morvis fleet has no actual personality. He just acts the way he has learnt at the University. Though, he does show concern about the distortions, he just doesn't really react to any social behaviour.

Imagery
Spoiler for Screenshots:
Spoiler for HQ:

Spoiler for Videos:
Coming soon...

Features
Spoiler for:
~ Party control
~ Quest journal
~ Limited Inventory

More to come...

Credits
Spoiler for:
Zeriab
Modern Algebra
LoganF
Sky00Valentine
Dizturb3d
Aweryn

Demo's
Spoiler for:
None yet :(

Support
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:42:20 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Logbook

Spoiler for February 3rd:
I finished the title screen script I've been making, thanks to LoganF!! It's looking superb. I'm still having some trouble with the Boss battles I need to create!

Spoiler for January 19th to February 2nd:
I haven't done much lately. Been too busy for school and whatever else has priority above this game. There are however some people I should thank for some nice graphics that I might use!
Spoiler for January 18th:
My boyfriend made some mechanical sounding music and has been altering my music so that it sounds so much better! More to come...
Spoiler for January 16th to January 17th:
Done pretty much nothing about the game, finished the insides and created 2 new quests down on Earth, which will be the smallest planet of all. Also, made an extra bit of outdoor for a quest. YAAY
Spoiler for January 15th:
Done loads of stuff for school. Also created the last bits of the insides of planet Earth.
Spoiler for January 14th:
Haven't done much since I couldn't. I had school today and I need to work tomorrow. As from February I'll try to, more actively, update the game so that you guys might get to see the saviour of the first planet!!
Also, is there anyone willing to provide some help with the Boss-enemy eventing things? I need the Boss-enemy to spit out other enemy's while getting hurt whenever you attack it, though it can't attack back...
Spoiler for January 13th:
My boyfriend has made and found some cool sounding pieces of music that still needs to be sorted. As for the rest, I've implemented MA's quest engine over Sky's so, sorry Sky, you're out!
As for the rest of it all, I haven't done much since I had to work for school. We need to make this big task that takes up most of my time if I even want to get my degree!! Sorry for all these spoilers saying I didn't do crap, just because it's true. Maybe, I'd better leave them out or whatever... talk shit like in this one...
Also, thanks to all of you who support this project!!
Spoiler for January 12th:
I've made the last two insides for all houses on Earth. Ready for the first set of quests!
Spoiler for January 11th:
Loads of ideas which I may think about implementing whenever I have some time besides schoolwork...
Spoiler for January 10th:
I've been too busy for school to do anything else...
Spoiler for January 9th:
Done some thinking. Nothing else as I've been busy for school!
Spoiler for January 8th:
Not done much. Just been playing around with Fruity Loops and got a pretty good sounding piece of BGM but it needs a finishing touch... Also, done some playing Final Fantasy 8 to get ideas for features or whatever.
Spoiler for January 7th:
Thanks to some lessons in scripting by LoganF (:yuyu:) I just edited the title screen ON MY OWN... Oh yeah! Also, I guess I still need to learn loads of what does what in RGSS2...
My boyfriend also started playing Final Fantasy 8 again so that he might get epiphanies for the game plot, features, skills, items or whatever... Also, Earth is starting to get some life, though I'm still thinking about changing the Quest-script to MA's even though, now I'm used to Sky's. What are your thoughts on it?
Spoiler for January 6th:
Took some scripts I used in Dead Moon Rising and inserted them into this project. Made a first Quest starting in HQ and started making Earth. Spent a little time on the Choice options in MA's ATS and made some fine looking choice windows. Also made a banking system with it and a party control center! I am now looking for a way to create a monster that does not attack but only spits out other enemies (the distortions)
Spoiler for January 5th:
Idea came to mind whilst trying to make music for Duskwind and always ending with spacy, futuristic sounding music. Project started, created characters and made a Title screen for it immediately.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:31:41 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Oh hey, the logbook returns :D
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Oh hey, the logbook returns :D
Yeah! I thought it was useful for myself to keep track of whatever I was doing. It's also great for interested people to see what I already did without me revealing to much ingame info :D

I just did it because you like it!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
:gracie:

You've got my support. Sounds like a multiworld game might be fun, though I think you might want to incorporate some sort of alien tilesets; the HQ seems odd having a human steel support structure.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
:gracie:

You've got my support. Sounds like a multiworld game might be fun, though I think you might want to incorporate some sort of alien tilesets; the HQ seems odd having a human steel support structure.
Yeah, I was thinking about that but I guess I can't find many when I don't have an internet connection, right...

Also, the only thing that is, at this moment, definite, is the title screen.
I'm going to find alien/space tilesets, new sprites and recolour some, though I like the RTP ones I've used for the people in the party.
Yeah, maybe I need to create some alien tile sets myself?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Sehr interessant...

You know, I have a robot characterset lying around if you would like to use it. Have you thought about music for the game yet?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Sehr interessant...

You know, I have a robot characterset lying around if you would like to use it. Have you thought about music for the game yet?
Ooooh, I'd like the robot charset!! Can I recolor and minor edit it to my liking so that I could make full civilization from it?

Also, I'm trying to create the game music myself with some help from my boyfriend... But I'd surely like opinions when I finish some BGM's!! I'll soundcloud them and share them here when they are done :yuyu:

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Minor update:

For those who are wondering what the theme music might sound like.
Here's something I made, though, it still needs loads of work!!
Tell me what you think about it being the theme song for Mecha's world OR the HQ of the fleet...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Yes, the sheets I have are open for anyone's use, just credit SD Arius for their use. I'll send them to you as soon as I fix a minor issue with me home computer.

Your music is ear-catching, to be sure. Uh, the laser-y sound is kind of annoying, though... just my opnion...

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Quote from: M00s
Yes, the sheets I have are open for anyone's use, just credit SD Arius for their use. I'll send them to you as soon as I fix a minor issue with me home computer.
Cool, thanks!!

Quote from: M00s
Your music is ear-catching, to be sure. Uh, the laser-y sound is kind of annoying, though... just my opnion...
I know... But my bf will still be editing it so that it sounds better :)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Seems promising indeed! :) I will keep notes on the updates, and add a longer feedback once you have uploaded some more! As for the screenshots and the tune you uploaded, it all looks really nice (and sounds)! Wish you all luck with this as always  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 03:05:27 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 90
Would you mind if I contributed a couple of themes? I would like to do something "Spacey" or something :), whatever I make may be slow and brooding however.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Would you mind if I contributed a couple of themes? I would like to do something "Spacey" or something :), whatever I make may be slow and brooding however.
I wouldn't mind you making stuff with this thing as an inspiration, though, it's still my choice if I were to use any.
Could help other people with a similar scene, if you think about it ;)

As for an update:
My boyfriend is busy making music at this very moment...
I have made 3 quests so far, but I still need to get help with the boss-battle!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Black Onslaught
Thats an interesting story, just need to do the most hardest thing when doing a project: put it on the maker.
Good luck, I'll be waiting for the first demo!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Thats an interesting story, just need to do the most hardest thing when doing a project: put it on the maker.
Good luck, I'll be waiting for the first demo!
Yeah, it's tough especially since I want to change the tilesets of some planets... Need to find a easy-to-use script for that... but other than that, I'm working on it :D

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Do you mean like a tile swapper? BulletXT makes a really nifty one, we have it on the VX Scripts board.

And I am so sorry, but I cannot seem to find those robots I had. However, I shall keep trying! I know they're on the net someplace...

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
What exactly does a Morbid look like? Would be nice to put up a piece of concept art that shows what they look like, or a detailed description of the race. Looking at the screenshots, though, are they meant to look like humans, or are those placeholder sprites?
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
What exactly does a Morbid look like? Would be nice to put up a piece of concept art that shows what they look like, or a detailed description of the race. Looking at the screenshots, though, are they meant to look like humans, or are those placeholder sprites?
Well... Morbids do look like humans and they act like humans but they tend to not show their faces. Their life span is longer and they make choises based on logic, though, they might now sound like Vulcan but Morbid also believe in their religion and emotions...

There is little to no concept art yet... I'll see to it this week.
Also, the rtp is pretty much just temporary.
Damn, rmrk sucks for mobile use...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 11:54:23 AM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Ha! Sehen Sie was Ich hab fur dich gefinden! I knew they were around here somewhere...

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Who should I give credit for these robots??

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
SD Arius is the author if those resources. He gets the nod.

Rep:
Level 55
I found some futuristic tilesets the other day, with spaceships (sort of), 'world map' buildings, a cool looking robot, and computer-terminals etc. There is also alot of charsets and stuff there, so  I was thinking about your project and maybe you can find them useful somehow :)

They can be found here:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=13141
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:12:55 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
SD Arius is the author if those resources. He gets the nod.

I find some futuristic tilesets the other day, with spaceships (sort of), 'world map' buildings, a cool looking robot, and computer-terminals etc. There is also alot of charsets and stuff there, so  I was thinking about your project and maybe you can find them useful somehow :)

They can be found here:
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=13141
Wow, I'll surely use them :D
Thanks a lot!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Minor update:

Title screen script is finished. The title screen now looks like this:

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 55
Minor update:

Looks brilliant! I like the custom texts on the choices, reminds you what type of game you are playing ;)
Ohhh, looking forward to this alot! Wish I could just choose 'New recruit' and be on my way :)
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Spoiler for quote:
Minor update:

Looks brilliant! I like the custom texts on the choices, reminds you what type of game you are playing ;)
Ohhh, looking forward to this alot! Wish I could just choose 'New recruit' and be on my way :)
You can't see it on the screenshot but there's another minor edit in the title screen. I just won't reveal what it is until the first demo comes out!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Excellent.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Update!!

I've created some sketches, as concept art, but I still (sadly) need to scan them to show them to you all!
But I will upload them some way tomorrow evening.

There has just been added an extra character as well.
Spoiler for Chaki:
Chaki, an 11 year old who has been living under the unbearable circumstances of Section 64. A piece of Planet Z-17 (which is completely made by humans) that tore itself from the planet dozens of years ago and it has been floating around space until now. Thinking about the piece only being able to house about 140 people, you might be able to get a picture about the unbearable circumstances.

Chaki is, however, a sweet little kid who is lively as long as she is treated right. You sense that something is wrong though you can't grab what exactly. The feeling that her secret is bigger than you thought won't leave your mind for a second.

Update February 6th: I haven't been able to scan the sketches so, I'll try to do that as soon as possible...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:25:03 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 55
Update!!

I've created some sketches, as concept art, but I still (sadly) need to scan them to show them to you all!
But I will upload them some way tomorrow evening.

There has just been added an extra character as well.
Spoiler for Chaki:
Chaki, an 11 year old who has been living under the unbearable circumstances of Section 64. A piece of Planet Z-17 (which is completely made by humans) that tore itself from the planet dozens of years ago and it has been floating around space until now. Thinking about the piece only being able to house about 140 people, you might be able to get a picture about the unbearable circumstances.

Chaki is, however, a sweet little kid who is lively as long as she is treated right. You sense that something is wrong though you can't grab what exactly. The feeling that her secret is bigger than you thought won't leave your mind for a second.

Update February 6th: I haven't been able to scan the sketches so, I'll try to do that as soon as possible...

Looking forward to seeing those sketches! :)
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I like 'Resting Mode'... That's a pretty creative way to say 'Exit'. ;8

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
No update but an announcement.
This project and Duskwind are suspended until my personal problems are solved.

I will continue both projects whenever I have some spare time, so don't be scared.
Both projects will be finished someday, the only question is when.

Sorry for not having informed you guys before.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!: