RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Albertfish's Skill point Spending--Variable

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,34809.0.html
EDIT:After installing Reader and looking at the guide, I saw how to utilize the points, but it still left me confused.
Copy/Paste:
Spoiler for:
Each skill has points assigned to it which you may need to access through events throughout the game. To do so, we will need to take a look at another script. The script displayed
in Figure 7 is an example on how to accomplish this. In Figute 7, a refers to the characters name and s refers to the name of the skill that you want to get the number of points for. So looking at Figure 7, we are going to get the number of points for Aluxes’ fishing skill and store it in game_variables[1], which is the first game variable. These variables can be accessed through the “Control Variables” event.
Figure 7:
Spoiler for:
a = "Aluxes"
s = "Fishing"
num = $game_party.skills (a, s)
$game_variables [1] = num
Does this mean I have to create an event like this on every map, or just on one, and it will carry through the whole game?

Looking at albertfish's skill point spending system, It was the perfect fit for my game. However, it seems the skills and the values really don't do anything, like there only there for looks. Are they connected to variables, so you could do something like "If skill x's value doesnt equal y, you can't open this door" or something along those lines. What im saying is, are they already connected to variables, or is there a way to connect the skills to variables? Thanks
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:15:40 PM by DylanMachinima »

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
variables stay throughout the game, but whether or not you can access them depends on the related code.