RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Skill Points Spending System - by: albertfish

Rep:
Level 83
Detective Scrotes
    Skill Points Spending System
    Version: 2.0
    Author: albertfish
    Date: December 3, 2009

Version History

• Version 2.0: December 3, 2009
           - Added a stat maximum
           - Added ability to set, add or subtract stats from a skill at any point
           - Added ability to set, add or subtract a skills max stat at any point
           - Added ability to add or remove new skill to a single character
           - Fixed a bug that prevented you from receiving points upon leveling up
    • Version 1.0: September 13, 2009
           - Initial release

Planned Future Versions

• No planned future versions at this point. However, if you have a suggestion on what to add it could be added to a future version.

Description

This is a point spending system that allows you to add points to skill areas. For example cooking, or stealth.

Features

• Customizable skill types
    • Add as many skills as you want
    • Customizable number of points per level
    • Customizable number of initial points

Screenshots

Instructions

Usage Instructions:
    [/list]
    Code: [Select]
        To get the number of skill points for any given skill, use this command:
             $game_party.skills("Actors name", "Skill name")
         The actors name and the skill name must be contained inside the quotation marks. Also this command is case sensitive.
         To use this command via an event script call you will need to storethis data in a game variable. To do this use this code in the script box.
             a = "Actor Name"
             s = "Skill Name"
             num = $game_party.skills(a, s)
             $game_variables[#] = num
         Where # is the number of the variable you want to store it in.

To call the menu script type: $scene = Scene_SkillPoint.new
      Install Instructions:
           Place this script above the main script and below the default scripts.

Script

Please see the attached script or the demo!

Credit

• albertfish

Thanks

• phillip1756 for requesting the script
      • Mr_Wiggles for requesting additional features and informing be of a bug

Support

If you need to contact me you can send me a pm.

Known Compatibility Issues

No compatibility issues found yet.

Demo

There is a demo available! The demo is attached to this post.

Author's Notes

If you discover any bugs, please pm me or post the bug here! Thanks.
      Enjoy :).

Restrictions

You may use this in your game commercial or non-commercial as long as proper credit is given.[/list]
      « Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:49:12 PM by albertfish »

Rep:
      Level 97
      2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
      This looks like another nice script. Great work albertfish!

3==D This is my bellend.
      Rep:
      Level 83
      OMG  blud u is a legend,wot do i owe you 4 making this?
      no

By Kraft

Resource Artist
      Rep:
      Level 94
      \\\\\
      Project of the Month winner for June 2009
      i ka knot reed stoopid

Rep:
      Level 83
      Detective Scrotes
      Glad you like it :).

3==D This is my bellend.
      Rep:
      Level 83
      Glad you like it :).
      do you wanna help with my game?
      no

By Kraft

kikiki
      Rep:
      Level 84
      Hi
      I just had to post 'lol' at the skill 'Sexiness'
      Hi

Rep:
      Level 83
      Detective Scrotes
      do you wanna help with my game?
      I can help if you have questions, however I just started back at school so I am extremely busy and am at school most of the day (about 15-16 hours a day :|) so I don't have a lot of extra time. But I'll be on the forum if you have and questions, and I am sure others can help too!

3==D This is my bellend.
      Rep:
      Level 83
      i need a few more instructions on how to use it
      no

By Kraft

Rep:
      Level 83
      Detective Scrotes
      i need a few more instructions on how to use it
      Did you read my comments? At this point:
      SKILL_DATA.push("Fire", 0)          # This is the first skill displayed
      SKILL_DATA.push("Sexiness", 100)    # This is the second skill displayed
      SKILL_DATA.push("Stealth", 5)       # etc. Keep following the pattern
      SKILL_DATA.push("Cooking", 10)      # to add more skills.

You add all the skills you want and set the default starting value.

SKILL_DATA.push("Skill 1", 0)
      SKILL_DATA.push("Skill 2", 0)
      SKILL_DATA.push("Skill 3", 0)
      SKILL_DATA.push("Skill 4", 0)
      SKILL_DATA.push("Skill 5", 0)
      SKILL_DATA.push("Skill 6", 0)
      SKILL_DATA.push("Skill 7", 0)
      SKILL_DATA.push("Skill 8", 0)

It's pretty straight forward :P.

Rep:
      Level 83
      Question? would it be possible to adjust the skill amounts through and event?
      reason? because I'm making a game that use only one character but you Can choose from three and i wanted to edit this for each like character 1 has 50 sexiness and character 2 has only 25, and so on would this be possible?
      Orr....
      by actor id
      to give individual actors unique skills
      Spoiler for:
      METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
          Do custom interior painting
          Strip wallpaper
          Refinish cedar siding
          Metal front doors and sidelights
          Metal garage and service doors
          Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
      Level 83
      Detective Scrotes
      Question? would it be possible to adjust the skill amounts through and event?
      reason? because I'm making a game that use only one character but you Can choose from three and i wanted to edit this for each like character 1 has 50 sexiness and character 2 has only 25, and so on would this be possible?
      Orr....
      by actor id
      to give individual actors unique skills
      Hey, that's a good idea. I'll work on something so that you can edit the skills for each character separately. It may take a bit of time since my exams are right around the corner.

Rep:
      Level 83
      thanx man.. lol i just got done pm you about puting limits on how high the skills can go too
      Spoiler for:
      METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
          Strip wallpaper
          Refinish cedar siding
          Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep:
      Level 83
      Detective Scrotes
      New version of the script available, version 2.0!
      • Version 2.0: December 3, 2009
             - Added a stat maximum
             - Added ability to set, add or subtract stats from a skill at any point
             - Added ability to set, add or subtract a skills max stat at any point
             - Added ability to add or remove new skill to a single character
             - Fixed a bug that prevented you from receiving points upon leveling up

Also, there is a PDF Manual will instructions on how to use every function. This manual is included with the new demo.[/list]

Rep:
      Level 83
      NICE work, just pluged it in over the old and works like a charm, there was a slight lag when i leveled up but that could be because of the virus scan im doing since i found out that my glary's utilities was infected... ahh well
      GREAT work this script is practicly my game you'll be sure to get FULL credit for your hard work...

[edit] - The lag was because of when the player leved up ABS would play a ME to notify the player, i turned that off and now NO lag....

[edit 2] - If youd like perhaps you can make a way to show a discription of the skill you select so the player knows what its used for "not particularly needed" but if youd like to make further improvements perhaps this could be an idea...
      « Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 12:47:23 AM by Mr_Wiggles »
      Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
          Strip wallpaper
          Refinish cedar siding
          Grained fiberglass doors

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
      Hae albertfish, im using your script and it great but I had one problem... for some reason when i called the window there would be no writing present, like the skills would not be listed, I fixed it (surprisingly) but to do that i had to go passed the point where i shudn't change anything unless i knew what I was doing and i had no idea lol and very time i came across this message: self.contents = Bitmap.new (width - 32, @item_max * 32) (for example) I would have to add: self.contents.font.name = $defaultfonttype and self.contents.font.size = $defaultfontsize, um i do not think that i did anything wrong when downloading i so could you plez tell me why I needed to do this?

Rep:
      Level 83
      Detective Scrotes
      Hae albertfish, im using your script and it great but I had one problem... for some reason when i called the window there would be no writing present, like the skills would not be listed, I fixed it (surprisingly) but to do that i had to go passed the point where i shudn't change anything unless i knew what I was doing and i had no idea lol and very time i came across this message: self.contents = Bitmap.new (width - 32, @item_max * 32) (for example) I would have to add: self.contents.font.name = $defaultfonttype and self.contents.font.size = $defaultfontsize, um i do not think that i did anything wrong when downloading i so could you plez tell me why I needed to do this?
      Well, this script works perfectly fine for me which means that the script it self is working. Are you using other scripts? If so, there may be a conflict that could be causing the problem.

The only things that really come to mind is maybe you are using a script that edits the Window_Base or Window_Selectable classes, which could effect how the window is drawn.

Would you be able to tell me if you are running other scripts, and if so which ones?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
      Yep i've got a hp, mp and exp bar script and double weapon script... The hp, mp and exp bar script edits the window so that is probably my problem.