RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved]Tile sets

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
Anyway to import any custom ones? I don't see anywhere you can change or import them into.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:34:30 PM by Doom_master1122 »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Modify the existing ones
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
i got a tileset, but i cant figure out how to put it in the E tab. anyone figure out how to do this? rmxp was so much easier for tilesets lol

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You want to modify the passibility and whatnot?

well, theres like   tab A    tab B   tab C    tab D    tab E   and there all the default tile sets. im wondering how to get my own tile sets into the tabs so i can use them

you know, im not even that sure you can :/ i have so many questions about rpg maker in general

Rep:
Level 88
I R 3V1L!!111!!1
[/quote
not that. We want to get new tilesets in without overwriting the old ones. And what is tab E for anyway?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
not that. We want to get new tilesets in without overwriting the old ones. And what is tab E for anyway?
You can't not overwrite the RTP tilesets. The only one specifically designed to be "custom" is the E tile.

Rep:
Level 86
Actually, you can overwrite all the tilesets if you prefer. For the tilesets, such as found in A tab.... Make sure that you are using the exact same dimensions as the different tilesets that make up the A tab. If you go to the Resource Manager and export TileA1 - TileA5, you can edit them as you see fit. When you are happy with what you do, import them to the same place and they will automatically overwrite the TileA1 - TileA5 that you import. If you like import only your custom designed TileA2 and want to use all the rest, import that one and you will see TileA2 in red and the others will remain in blue. It will automatically change on the A tab. Of course, if you open a new game it will be back to default once more. You can do the same thing for all of them. TileE (make sure to designate it as TileE) is much the same way, I don't know the exact limit pixelwise, but you can import and try it out.

Hope that helps!
KS

PS - Went back to test it out and it appears that the limit for TileE would be 512x512. That sort of sucks because if you need more you are screwed unless you do some heavy duty editing of other tilesets.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:25:37 AM by KarshnerShagger »