RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Spiderman :O

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Spiderman has always been one of those superheroes I never really liked that much. I didn't really like the first 3 movies, so I thought a reboot would be a good idea. I guess it was, kinda. I prefer this movie over the other 3, but that isn't really a great compliment.
New guy is much much better. He isn't the cry-baby Toby was, and I kinda like him more. The suit is better too, looks more tall, thin and flexible like Spiderman should.
And Lizard is pretty awesome as well. His face is...weird but, when he is chasing after Spidey it is kinda scary.
Cuz the thing is fucking huge.
Its funny to see him run after Spiderman and catch him and throw him around.
And the Spiderman here is pretty smart, with nice fighting techniques. The movie is even more realistic, for instance, the web thing is more of a device rather than something shooting out from his skin (which I never really got in the first 3 movies - did it tear his costume each time it came out, like wolverine's claws tearing his skin?)
It has a relatively more darker tone than the first three.

All in all, I think it's a bit over-hyped. It's good, but not great. I'd prefer the Iron Man movies or the Avengers over this anyday.
Hell I think I liked Captain America more than this :|

Also also also, if you plan to watch this in 3D. DO NOT. THERE IS LIKE, ONE SCENE WITH 3D. All my friends were crazy over 3D, and its like...pretty much not there.

Also also also also, no J. Jonah Jameson :(
How did you guys like it?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I hope you know that this was based more off of The Ultimate Spiderman comics, instead of The Spectacular Spiderman like the last 3 were, where his web was natural and his enemies were more human. This is the series that is canon in the Marvel multiverse, the same Earth that holds the X-Men, Avengers, etc. I haven't seen the film yet but I have high hopes for it, I do like Spiderman and have read the comics for quite some time. The first three films were so disappointing that i'm hoping it will be a lot better.

((And the costume was designed to allow the web to go through it, it was micro thin at the wrists and fingertips/feet thanks to Reed Richards, so that he could shoot web and still stick to walls.))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 07:28:38 PM by Anski »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Real Spiderman's only powers are super strength and super human reflexes :mad:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

Rep:
Level 98

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
That isn't a super power :mad:

Rep:
Level 98
Yes it is :mad:

Rep:
Level 85
Omri Lahav - Professional composer for media.
I actually liked it, it was much better then the previous trilogy... a bit darker, but, much like other Marvel epics - didn't take itself too seriously.
The action scenes were well done and the whole movie had a good pace, and I was happy it didn't dwell too much on the love story.

Only complaint I had was the score... it was very generic, and not memorable.
(also, it blows my mind that they didn't use any iconic "Spiderman" theme... even the previous movies had a pretty solid one).
All in all, I enjoyed it, and it is without a doubt my favorite Spiderman movie.

...that said, The Avengers still takes the cake :)
Omri Lahav,
Quality composer / arranger for media.
Music team lead and principal composer for Wildfire Games' "0.A.D."

Omri@OmriLahav.com
http://OmriLahav.com