RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Random Trap Spawning.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
I was making a dungoen last night, and wanted to make traps.. but a trap on the same place forever is boring.
So i was thinking if there is a possibility to make a Script that you can Randomly put in a current map, put in the Animation ID (for an animation effect), Damage dealt to HP/MP, add state effect , Max traps/Min Tarps in the Curent map, and repeatble when you walk on it again.
This would be Awesome for anyone who wants a trap system that spowns on Random tiles.  :D
If not clear enough please let me know!
Greatings
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:28:57 PM by Dimosthennis »
MrD

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I can't see this being all that possible, tbh. Traps are generally elegant event systems. I don't know if you can just make something like that plug-n-play. Personally I can only see this being possible if you find a way to contain event systems which often include multiple map events and then having the script move them specifically to a random location. However, this is bunk since likely there are areas on the map that the player literally can't walk over and therefore the trap is useless.

A different solution, I think, would be to design your trap, copy/paste it in several convenient (or rather inconvenient) locations, then assign each trap a number through variables. Then when the map loads or the player is transported there have a Parallel Processed map event random a number then turn itself off. Have each of your traps only work if the variable is that trap's chosen number. That way only that trap will be active and the other 4 or 5 you created are off. If you wanted it to be different every game play, then make that event turn itself off permanently, otherwise, make the Parallel Processed map event reactivate after each return to that map so that it picks a new number each time thereby activating a different, or more randomly, sometimes the same trap again.

RMRK Junior
Sound good. so far i tried that sames to be working. Thanks alot!
but another Question diffrent Supject.
If i make a event for geathering. Example: Cutting down a tree gives you 3 Oak logs. Event page 2: Tree Stomp left.
Now i put a timer lets say 10mins, and it will respown again. and you can cut it down again, (Just like in Runescape best example)
is that Possble with variable? Cuz a Controll timer Shows and only 1 can be timed on, and the Timing wait Makes you stop Moving aftering cutting the tree down.
Or i am just massing it up with something :/
(i am a noob but love to learn :P)
MrD

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Check it out. I actually made that a while ago. http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31261.0.html

Download the demo and pick apart the events. If I remember correctly, it's a very simple set up. You can use mine if you want or change it however. It's pretty plug-n-play. It includes mining as well.

RMRK Junior
 ;D Damn thanks ALOT!

you saved me of making 60000 Events :P  ;D
MrD