RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Menu script

Rep:
Level 86
I need a small script that edits the menu so i can have more options in it. I noticed you can only add 2 to it normally
Ex. Item
     Skill
     Status
     equipment
     Quests
     ATB options
     Save
     End game

I have other scripts that add commands to the menu but cant add them because there isnt room on the menu (atleast that what i think lol seems obvious enough, they just wont apear on the menu)
I want my menu to look like this
     Item
     Skill
     Status
     Materia
     equipment
     Quests
     Overdrive
     ATB options
     Save
Can any1 help me please?
Oh and before someone says somthing i do know about yanfly's Menu_redux script and it does that yes but its too advanced for me to put in custom menu camands i tried already. I have looked at about 4 other forums and this one for a script that does this and no luck.
Thank you in advance
     System
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:21:16 PM by BloodyChaos »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I know you said it's too advanced for you, but I would really just suggest learning how to use Yanfly's Scene Menu Redux.

There's really no easier way to do it, considering that everything you have to specify in it, you'd have to specify no matter what way you do it. To add a new command to it, all you need to do is add one line, whereas to add a new command to the default menu you'd need to add about a dozen lines in three or four different places, for every new command you want

Once you get the hang of Scene Menu Redux, you will find it incredibly easy to use I think. Easier than anything else out there.

Rep:
Level 86
Ya i figured the script was my best bet, but i guess what i dont understand is the part in the lunatic section where you put in the scene_blank. I dont know exactly how to find the scene for that i tried going into the script and finding the section that pulls up there menu but all i could find was Scene_menu wich just linked me back to me menu :\ i guess thats were im stuck i was able to work everything els in the script just fine, although i am getting an issue in that script with your Quest script, when i added it to the menu i could go to the quest scene but i got a error when i tried leave the quest menu. idk lol i been getting bad lck with scripts latly lol i never had a problem with scripts in all the years i have used rm but ever since i wanted an overdrive seems like every script has some kind of error. anyways srry bot the rant. Could you help me figure out how to use the Scene_" " part of her script?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Um, yeah, I guess. For the quest script, put my Quest script above the SMR and then follow the directions here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33381.msg404078.html#msg404078
It's just because my quest script adds itself to the menu, which conflicts with how SMR sets up the menu.

For Scene_whatever, all you need to do is find out what calls the script - normally that information will be in the instructions of the script wherever you got it from. Whenever you see something in the instructions that says: $scene = Scene_XYZ, Scene_XYZ is the name you need to put into Yanfly's script.

Generally, it will be something related to what the scene does, so for instance, the scene class for my Quest Journal is called Scene_Quest.

Most scripts will preface the name of their scene with Scene_, so if you can't find it in the instructions, just press CTRL+F and input Scene_  in to the find field. Then click next until you find a line that says:

class Scene_XYZ

Scene_XYZ is what you're looking for. If you link me to any of the scripts you want to use, I could tell you what the scene names are.

Rep:
Level 86
Thnx, It worked. It wasn't at the top in the instructions but i found it with ctrl+F it was Scene_MateriaEquip. I never knew about F thing thnx man, ya saved me XD. Resolved :)