RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[YERD] Scene Menu ReDux

Rep:
Level 84
Scene Menu ReDux
Last Update: 2009.06.06
By: Yanfly Engine ReDux

Introduction
This is more or less a revision of the menu scene. Included in the script are a couple of features. Note that I will NOT take credit for KGC's custom menu command script as all I did was merely import it into this script and finished up the excluded functions that he's left behind. Everything else I did add to the script.

COMMAND CONTROL - by KGC
Add, remove, and re-order commands akin to KGC's CustomMenuCommands. Akin to this feature will include what KGC's original script was missing and that was easy functionality to include custom menu commands without hassling the core script itself. Also added is the ability to launch common events from the main menu itself for those who wish to event unique commands.

REDUX MENUS
The redux menus are completely optional and are mostly nothing other than visual changes to the menu scene. You can add icons to the command window, display more than just gold on the main menu screen, and added experience bars to the party window.

Screenshots

Script
Click here to view the main script.

Instructions
There's a few things to go through so I'll post some screenshots. But first things first, there's two things you must do:

1. Place all of the non-KGC and non-Yanfly scripts that have new scenes above this script. That way, they will not alter the menu.
2. Place all KGC and Yanfly scripts below this script to develop compatibility amongst all of the scripts.

This is done to enforce compatibility and to actually make this script work.

---------

Of the easy things you can edit, you may edit which button needs to be pressed in order to launch the menu. This has always bugged me about RPG Maker (that you have to press the cancel button to launch the menu rather than a dedicated button). Now, you can bind the menu call button to what you desire and dedicate other things to your cancel button (like jumping, but I haven't made a script for that yet). The starting index can also be changed. This is where the cursor starts when the menu is loaded. And finally, you may shift the command window over to the right hand side if you desire without needing to do much other than setting RIGHT_SIDE_COMMAND to true.

MENU_BUTTON
This adjusts the button press to open the said menu.

START_INDEX
This is where the menu cursor starts by default.

RIGHT_SIDE_COMMAND
This will set the command window over to the right hand side.

---------

Imported from KGC's CustomMenuCommand is the ability to add, remove, and reorder commands with ease. Just insert the representing number for the command and it'll appear there if you have the script installed. Changing the order around isn't a problem either. They do not have to be in numeric order as indicated by the screenshot above. However, there's a few extra functionalities that the script includes which KGC has not. Note that I will NOT take credit for any of KGC's hard work.

Included is the ability to launch common events from the main menu. You can hide and disable these common events in the menu through game switches easily. When a common event launches, it will kick the player out of the main menu to perform the event. For instance, in the screenshot above, when the player selects the Camp option, it will take the player to a little dungeon where Ralph can talk with his party members, rest up, save, and buy items from a wandering vendor. Note that menu commands 101 through 200 are reserved for common events.

And although KGC's script originally had this feature, the method for easily imported scenes did not exist in his public script. Scene Menu ReDux provides and easy and accessible way to open up new scenes with close to little trouble. Just like the common event menu commands, there are switches you can bind to hide and disable the commands. Note that any custom rules the imported scripts had for disabling and appear in the menu will not apply to this method. You will have to understand how those scripts disable and hide menu commands and mimic their methods through switches. Already imported in the script are a few of the popular scripts throughout the RPG Maker VX community to save people some headache in trying to figure this thing out.

---------

Of the few new features, you can choose whether or not to use icons in your menu. If you do, go look for COMMAND_ICONS and set it to true. Binding the icons to the commands is pretty easy as well. Just go to ICON_SETS and alter the hash there to reflect the icon ID with the desired command. Note that the way the command is written out matters. If using a script that has varying command text, include icons for all of the variations. Unlisted commands will reveal the "Unlisted" icon.

---------

And finally, you may display more than just gold in the command window. Choose a variable or two or three to display by adding it to the VARIABLES_SHOWN, array. The order they appear will determine the order the variables appear. If 0 is inputted into the array, it will return the party's gold amount. Under the VARIABLES_HASH, you can decide the icons and text used for each of the variables.

———
IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THESE SCRIPTS, REVIEW THE TROUBLESHOOTING PAGE FIRST!

Compatibility
- Anything that customizes the menu will have issues unless you follow the instructions I've posted.
Please report any compatibility issues and I'll try my best to fix them.

Terms and Conditions
Just give credit where due.

Credits and Thanks
- Credits to KGC for the original CustomMenuCommands. TOMY did the majority of this script.

Originally Found Here: Here
Side-battle systems are the lens flare of RPG Maker.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Also added is the ability to launch common events from the main menu itself for those who wish to event unique commands.

That is insanely amazing!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks like another fantastic script, Yanfly. I will have to give it a try soon.

Rep:
Level 84
Okie dokie. =D

I'd also like to mention that to make compatibility with the Quest Journal, just gotta change one line:
Go to Modern Algebra's quest journal script, find this part:

Code: [Select]
     if $game_system.quest_menuaccess
        $scene = Scene_Menu.new ('Quest')
      else # Returning to Map
        $scene = Scene_Map.new
      end

change this line:

$scene = Scene_Menu.new ('Quest')

into
        i = whatever index position quest is at
        $scene = Scene_Menu.new(i)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think both the Quest Journal and the Integrated Reserve Party work without alteration as long as they are beneath this script in the editor. I'm not certain of course; I would need to look at the script more closely since I'm not sure what else might be changed, but that is the way I designed it to work, and it does with other custom menu scripts.

I did a cursory check, without having added any custom scripts, and it seemed to work.

Rep:
Level 84
Ooh, so they're both position reversible? That's great to know. =O

Rep:
Level 97
Well, I took a look, and I don't think the Reserve Party script will work without alteration because of the modifications I make in that script to Window_MenuStatus, but the Quest Journal ought to work fine.

Rep:
Level 84
It should work with the normal party status menu. =]
Set USE_REDUX_STATUS to false and all you lose is a few EXP bars but it'll return the regular party status menu.

Rep:
Level 97
Oh, that's neat that you built that customizability into it. Nice work! :)

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, I'm quite aware that a lot of people tend to customize their own status windows inside the menu. That's why there's the option to keep revert back to the original status window. The hard work people put into their own games shouldn't be lost due to selfish scripters. =]

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
+rep for all your scripts and that comment right dere.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
How would you add more scripts to run from the menu? D:
Sorry, I'm inexperienced, but I want to use this script if I could. 0:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,26799.0.html

Rep:
Level 84
Add this following line to the IMPORTED_COMMANDS
       206 => [   nil,    nil,  true, "Distribute", "Scene_Stat_Dist"],
Then, go to the menu list and add 206 to where you would like it appear. =]

A Good Heart starts with a Good Mind.
OMG you are very good at this Yanfly,anoter good one from you!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Is there some place I would be able to change the text for "Status" to something else?

Rep:
Level 86
Just go under Terms in the database and you can change it there.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
:facepalm:

I was so caught up in the scripts I've been looking at that I totally forgot to even look there. lol. Thanks Garge.

Edit:: [offtopic] Whoa mega negative rep... I was at like -15 an hour ago. Hah, wow. Oh well. Good thing it doesn't matter lol. [/offtopic]

Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
I just have one question please... I'm not sure if it is pertaining to your script or not, but please help if you can. I have never scripted before VX came along, so I am just barely figuring out on how to make a brand new window appear in the menu (which I was over joyed to of finally figured out, then found these pages and felt terrible lol). I am trying to get a tiny window in the menu that states not only the gold, which is by default there, but also the map you are in.
If I am reading your scripting examples you have provided up there, basically in my script for the new "Location" window, I just need to inform the script as of to the 'name' of the map you are in am I correct?
If I am right, then how would I go about doing that please? I would think that the appropriate line would need to be:

-1 => [ 120, "Map"]

Where -1 would equal the only object there and the 120 the position of the name of the map in the new window, am I correct? Or am I just confusing myself here... Probably. LOL
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/

I have installed two scripts: Scene Menu ReDux (this script) and Quest Journal v1.1 by modern algebra. Everything is good. Problem it appears when I want to leave Menu. Then, it is displayed error:

Please, help me.

PS. I know, my English is terrible. I'm sorry.
I know, my English is terrible. I'm sorry.

Rep:
Level 97
Try putting the Quest Journal below the Scene Menu Redux in the editor.

Thank you modern algebra. Now it is working. Now icon in Menu have passed away but it not problem.
I know, my English is terrible. I'm sorry.

Rep:
Level 97
Well, it's inconvenient to have the icon go away.

You can use Yanfly's setup too. If you don't want the icon to go away, all you'd need to do is put it above the Scene Menu Redux and follow these instructions: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33381.msg404078.html#msg404078

Rep:
Level 83
Haha, I had just noticed this problem as well yesterday. Got help and was told just that about changing that line.

But yes, keep the Quest Journal above Yanfly's Menu ReDux, change that line in the link MA just provided there and be sure in the Quest Journal script to make this change near the top.

MENU_ACCESS = false

Needs to be made false otherwise you will still get the error. You make it appear on the menu through Yanfly's Menu ReDux.

Rep:
Level 97
If MENU_ACCESS is set to false though, then leaving the quest journal will bring you to the map instead of back to the menu.

I had thought, however, that the line Yanfly suggested to change would do the trick (and, in fact, if MENU_ACCESS were set to false then changing that line would do nothing).

EDIT::
I just did a quick check. The fix Yanfly suggested seems to work for me.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:35:03 PM by modern algebra »