RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Opinions on new monster *update 24 August*

Rep:
Level 88
Just wanted to get some opinions on a new monster I just created before I decide if I'm gonna do anything else with it.

*Update 24 Aug*
Ok, using some of the suggestions you have contributed I think he is just about done
Added a blur effect, animated his stance so he emits light, and kept him blinking :)
I tried to do a wavy shimmering effect but that's turning out to be too much trouble so this should do
Let me know what you think and thanks for your help everyone  ;D

*Update 23 Aug*

Made a gif of its new appearance
Only a couple of things changed:
I changed his eye (thanks Derek16438)
and darkened his color

The problem is: a) I forget to mention he is a side view monster, so he'll be facing the hero's  :-[
                         b) I haven't worked out his attacks yet, maybe fire spurts from beneath or laser eyes  :lol:
                         c) I can't quite work out exactly how to shade the monster when it would produce its own light, and it would probably remain at a constant temperature until it was defeated (or at least weakened enough)

Oh and the 'Lava eggs' is just the texture I made to help me keep in mind on how I wanted it to look, though I might put them into a charaset later for an event (haven't decided.)

Thanks for your input so far, and let me know if you can think of anything else or advice on how to improve.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 02:51:18 PM by Arithon »

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
I guess those lava eggs, are the characterset of it?
I like the characterset if that's the case.

But, I'm not sure about the monster, it looks like it's missing something.
idk what though..

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Looks like it could use more shading.

Rep:
Level 86
I love my eyes in this pic.....
I agree, I like the lava eggs, but I'm not flabbergassed by the battle sprite it's self...

I would center the eye above the body and place it directly on top of it, make the eye bigger, and the neck fade so it looks like it's coming at you..... Instead of a pupil, make it sorta like a cat eye for more scare and overall viciousness.....

I really do like it's layout though, being made of lava and all, great concept!! Good work on the coloring and what not, but as said, maybe a tad more shading...
"The best thing that life can offer... is the chance to work hard..........at work worth doing" That's Teddy Rooselvelt who said that, not me...

Rep:
Level 87
From the graves of dead patriots springs a nation
nearly done just needs some shading but your going good

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Add more burnt lava crust, you know, cold lava?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
It looks pretty good, but without arms or whatsoever, I kinda wonder how it attacks. It seems kinda harmless now.

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 88
Update

Thanks for your help so far :)
Read the first post for new info

Also I'm such a noodle brain at times, can't believe I forgot to mention he was animated sideview  ;D

Rep:
Level 88
PSP

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The new version looks pretty good :)

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
Well, to make it look more threatening you could add rock-spikes to its back or something...it's pretty good but
It looks pretty good, but without arms or whatsoever, I kinda wonder how it attacks. It seems kinda harmless now.

Also sometimes lava flares up, so you could add something like little fires on it..

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
I love my eyes in this pic.....
I still think he needs an outline
"The best thing that life can offer... is the chance to work hard..........at work worth doing" That's Teddy Rooselvelt who said that, not me...

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Useful Suggestions :
Since it's lava, add a more blurry effect; because a realistic fire have blurs/invisible smoke around it.
Note:Try burning a paper.

Attacks, maybe laser eyes because that's the easiest; than melting and changing into a hammer and reassembling or something like that.

When HP critical, just make the eyes look tired.
Or, a few of the patches of lava crust fall off.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Third one's too blurry. There should be a smoky effect.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
smoky effect yes.  You should have it blur only when the lava lights up to its brightest, then clear again instead of the whole thing being blurry. 

That blur effect would be really good for ghosts though.

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
PSP
the 3rd ones to blurry for my taste but good animation now it only needs to look like the feet is made out of goo i mean the bottom part

Rep:
Level 86
to b honest, i like the eggs its hot, but the monster looks a little wierd
Bleach is bangin