RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Shadowland (Working title)

Rep:
Level 88
My game is in the very beginning stages. I have a rough outline for the story and plot, along with features, but otherwise, well, yeah...

Plot:

Young man loses Grandfather
-Grandfather explains before dying that life is delicate, and if people didn't die, then the world would be thrown into chaos
-Cutscenes dealing with loss
--Revealed that Grandfather is a legendary hunter, and the young man is forced into trying to match his grandfather
-A month or two passes

Young Man (will be referred to as YM for the rest of this) is visited by friend of Grandfather
-Monsters are going wild
-Source of madness may be in a nearby shrine commemorating camaraderie between monsters and humans
--Story of how the shrine was made is told
-Issue is bigger than they thought

King comes to local village
-Trader (the family friend - I don't have a name right now) tells YM how he hates this king
--Explains how this king came to power under odd circumstances, and how monster outbreaks and attacks increased shortly after

YM finds out that the Arctic Shrine - In charge of the element of water - is the source of the local chaos
-Goes to a small town to get someone to help
[]Can now have monsters join team
[[]]Monsters can be stored using Leon_c Party Changer script (once I find out how to make it work only on monsters)

More of the kings backstory and the YM's backstory are revealed over time as the YM explores the regions to stop the chaos erupting from the shrines
-Turns out that the King usurped the old one, killing them, so he would have power. Using that power, he is looking in the shrines for the ability to become immortal. By doing so, he is upsetting the balance of the elements

Battle 1 with King Cornelius
-You lose this battle

YM goes home, despairing about the unstoppable chaos
-Finds out about the legendary Shadow Weapons, used as a fail safe in case if the shrines failed

YM finds the first: The Shadow Shield
-King finds about the weapons and armour after this, and goes to try to get them, realizing that they stand in the way of his ultimate goal

YM attempts to gather them all, finding out that he has been beaten to two - The Shadow Crown and the Shadow Melody - by King Cornelius

Battle 2
-Possible to win
-Not sure if to end it here, or if to find out that the King made a pact with the Devil, leading to a tougher battle with Satan himself

Not much is done so far, unfortunately. Something which I am curious about is if I am jumping into the Grandfather's death too fast, and if I should instead have him die in the local shrine. Also, I am worried about the plot being too cliched - I know cliche isn't a bad thing, but too much in the wrong combination can kill a game

Rep:
Level 85
The worlds ends on 21/12/12, where will you be?
Sounds great, can't wait to see some screenshots. Also to answer what you said about the grandfathers death, you could maybe have some sort of prologue or tutorial, playing as the grandfather, before he dies. I'm not trying to push ideas on you and I don't mind if you don't like the idea as generally I'm rubbish with this sort of thing. Anyway Good luck. ;D

Rep:
Level 88
Sounds great, can't wait to see some screenshots.

Thanks for the support! I will release screenshots soon

Also to answer what you said about the grandfathers death, you could maybe have some sort of prologue or tutorial, playing as the grandfather, before he dies. I'm not trying to push ideas on you and I don't mind if you don't like the idea as generally I'm rubbish with this sort of thing. Anyway Good luck. ;D

Hmm... not sure about that... I'm not sure how to implement it in for one, as you can name the hero in this game