RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Celestias Ferrum ~Chapter One Released!~

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for June 2008Project of the Month winner for May 2008
Quote from: monkeydlu
chapter one won't be needing the sewer maps then for convenience sake, they will be in chapter 3, I think it works out better this way, but I'm switching it around a bit, lol.
That long? Guess I don't have to rush then...XD So all you need is the menu fixed and you can release it?
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
yup yup, unless you want to voluntere to make the moutain maps as well XD I might need a few custom ones, but I'll probably just connect together and edit a bit of he ones from map packs.

Rep:
Level 87
ok then, inspired by Reive's speech of the corporate objective, I've decided, to just screw the menu for now, and release the game without it.

I will be updating the game once the scripting problem is done with, and the menu will work when encrypted, for now, you just have to make do with the menu screenshots x.x

anyways, here it is, the chapter one demo, basically the full game except it lacks a menu, and probably a few things here and there which I will really appreciate if anyone who plays this can report, becuase I've learned the hard way theres no way I can find everything by myself, but I am pretty confident everything should be working.

also, the battles in this game while not extremely difficult, may be hard for some people, so I might be making a dungeon guide sooner or later. Just realize that using items is the key to victory.

The first chapter features very straight forward game play, it does give you freedom to explore a few places you don't need to go to yet, but over all theres about 30 to 50 mins of game play.

anyways, I hope you guys enjoy, as I really do need some motivation to keep going with this, if not, I'm going to fall back and start a new project, which I really don't even want to do so >_> please give some feedback if you play, thank yous.

download (39.4 mb) (Dam, I held this off for more than a month now all for nothing.... *sigh*)

also, a fan art from Rye! XD

I'm sure you all know who he is, such a awesome person XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
 :=: I am wondering how the blazes it gets soo high rated. I must find this secret, I'll download later on, as I have to get rid of some bugs over my side.

Nice artwork btw <3

Rep:
Level 87
lol, high rated? I don't think I've had my game actaully rated before... oh wait, no, it was rated a year ago by some random person who was starting a rmxp game rating site.

it was labled as "strongly unsuggested" :tpg:

but that was a year ago, it's gotten better XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Yeah, I read it.

. . .

I was like

Is he on drugs or something?

&

Realize it was old . . . lol

Rep:
Level 87
where, on hbgames.org? lol, yeah, the bashing helped me I think though... :P

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
. . .

I have no comments on that.

Other than that, No Menu is like a killer >.>;; does this version have the Opening? =X

Rep:
Level 87
yup, it has everything except a menu, the defualt menu deserves some love every now and then I guess... :P

Rep:
Level 87
oh god...I have not been on this site since forever ago...amen..
Anyway's I like this game it is well done!
I am gonna play it now... ;D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Tried it, but didnt have time to go through the demo.
Have to say the card system's really interesting and your maps really have some nice lighting and fog effects.
Great job!

Oh, and I really like the selection of music. Fits the game and breathes the game into life. :lol:
However, some spelling of words and sentences are incorrect. And its really weird, "dystroy"?
Hope it gets fixed. ;D
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
yup, oh, please report any more corrections XD

dystroy was a obvious one... I don't know how I missed it >_>

anyways, theres been quite a few errors found, I'm going to update the demo this weekend or so.

1.) Dystroy -> destroy
2.) changed the "current map:" display on the hud to "Location:"
3.) There was a databasing error in the weapon shop of Razril, fixed.
4.) There is like a 10% chance you might get a card that is missing the graphic, for some reason I forgot to put it it, sorry

well, thats all right now, they keep coming, lol, hope your enjoying it ^_^

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
congratulations =3

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, Congratulations monkeydlu. CRL chose you for the Project of the Month.

I apologize for being late by the way. I haven't been on for like 2 days :(

Rep:
Level 87
w00t! time to go show it off and blow the whole thing up XD

lol, first kindof reward I've ever really gotten so might as well :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for June 2008Project of the Month winner for May 2008
Congratulations!  :D Maybe you'll get some inspiration to get back to work on Chapter 2? lol
I SUPPORT:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Alright, I just took a look at chapter one, and I must say that I like what I see, despite Falcon's criticism. Your grammar can still use a bit of work though (capitalizing every first word of a new sentence, changing things like "alot" to "a lot", etc.), but if you like I can go through and help you out with that. Also, having the large character image during conversations can be a bit distracting when it's right in the center of the screen. I'd suggest moving it more towards the edge of the screen, so that you have a clearer view of the sprites and what's actually going on in the scene.

Other than that, I like what I see. I absolutely loved the opening animation (though you should have warned us about the nudity, some poor sop might have had his mother looking over his shoulder or something XD), and the music of the game is really fitting. All in all, you've done a good job so far, monkeydlu.

Rep:
Level 87
thanks, and I'd love if you could go over it and make a report of the grammer for me :tpg:

anyways, I should probably update the demo soon as there are a few bugs, especially that card graphic one, which can crash the game....

I'm going to try and balence the battle system out first though, idk if I'll be able to today, since I'm going out of town, so if not, I'll just update it so the bug error won't crash anyone :P

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I suggest you to ask someone personally rather than changing this topic into grammar report. lol
Anyway, congrats! happy for you.^^

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Congratulations on Project of the month. You really earned it.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, I know >_> I'll pm Zylos then, lol, I can't say I can get anyone more reliable for the job than him XD

And thanks, both of you, but Emidy, you know I couldn't have gotten this far without you XD the bashing would've been killer if my dialog was what they used to be :tpg:

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
Congrats on the sticky, monkeydlu!
You deserve it  ;D

Rep:
Level 87
SOoOoOooo

I just finished full metal alchemist, Hagaren.

The last episodes as well as the movie, third time watching the movie actually, but the first time after I've actually seen the series itself in whole, before it was just bits and pieces off AS.

It was great... I really enjoyed it. The only thing I thought was weird was the leap Mustang made from the end of the series to the movie.

The manga I've read a bit too, seems alot different than the anime once it goes off a bit, so I'm going to keep reading, what a great series, yup yup.

Now then, what that has to do with the project, close to nothing, but it does free me up a bit now :P More than likely though, I'll just pick up another anime XD

I can't afford to become a workaholic right now, and I know I will, theres so much stuff brimming that I want to start doing, I want to start chapter 2 especially, but yeah, not right now, theres only 12 more school days left and 4 days of exams, I need to make it through the school year first.

With that said, expect me to update the chapter one download this weekend, all the bugs fixed, hopefully some less grammar and spelling issues, and some other glitches that were reported as well. However, the menu still has yet to be fixed, idk how it'll be fixed anymore, Alpha hasn't said much about it, oh well, I'll find someone to fix it eventually.

well, thats that, fma had a very satisfying ending, not very common for me these days, seeings as how most endings make me mad, hope I can get some inspiration from this ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
decided to work just a bit on chapter two's intro movie, a little preview :P

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
Wow, that screenie looks amazing...really tells me the mood of the scene  ;D.
I'm about to download now (I couldn't before since I was looking through other games/demos)
EDIT: After around 6 hours of waiting, the download is nearly complete!
Stupid telstra. And I'm on broadband.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:31:51 PM by SorceressKyrsty »