RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need someone who I can trust to host the MORPG game.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Be best if you have your own computer hooked up to a router. The computer will have to run the server constantly. If you know what type of router you have I should be able to teach you how to port-foreward (if you don't already know). Anyone here I can trust who wants to run the server? ;8

I've been trying to host it and it won't work for me. I have about 10 computers hoked up at my house and 3 different routers. Trying to port forward is impossible with 3 routers. >.<
I'm still looking for a way to host it without port-forwarding though.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 04:13:32 PM by Lominisio »

Rep:
Level 88
EVIL DOGGY!!!! CATS RULE!
Please someone reply this is a very very good project and depends on someone hosting it to be able to work. It is an online game people how cool is that so show some support and host this awesome game. Also again good job Lominisio and Sorry again lol.
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!
WHY DID YOU LOOK!!! YOU DISOBEDIENT FOOL

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
so...why doesn't he host it??
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
I've been trying to host it and it won't work for me. I have about 10 computers hoked up at my house and 3 different routers. Trying to port forward is impossible with 3 routers. >.< :'(
I'm still looking for a way to host it without port-forwarding though.

Rep:
Level 88
EVIL DOGGY!!!! CATS RULE!
Yeah that's his problem and mine is that my router is hooked up to another comp so I can't access it. So we need someone to host this game. It's worth the hassle it's an awesome game
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!
WHY DID YOU LOOK!!! YOU DISOBEDIENT FOOL

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I would, but I can't mess with the router, parents....

Rep:
Level 89
You wouldn't be doing anything physically to it. You just edit a few setting via your computer.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Have you asked Silverlion yet?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
Hey Silvy, wanna host the MORPG? ;8

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Well don't forget,the person hosting it must have a static IP and a connection that allows them to host a server like that, not all ISPs will allow such. ;D

With that said, I might be able to do this, but I going to be reformatting soon.  I'll revisit the idea after I reformat.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Well, rmrk.net is on Silvy's server. !_! And it's online 24/7, isn't it?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 89
I'm not too sure if it would be possible to host off of a website server or not. From what I'm aware it has to be hosted on a computer.

i knoa im new but if i could do such a thing i would i always like to help people out, my internet connection isnt the most stable somtimes so i wouldnt use mine.

but if something changes ill let you know.

i have a few simple games on my web site, not using rpg maker but just small things ive messed with.

http://www.rpgdesignsonline.com

Mukice
For the power there must be light, for light there must be darkness!!

Coming from a Owner of a Hosting Company, What type of game is it?

You didn't give anyone details about it, a "demo" for the game or even screenshots.
A nice storyline would help so other including myself know what you want hosted..

People don't just host random products without knowing what they are you know.
So how about you post some screenshots, throw some details out there and see if a company or something bites.

By the way, you will need a person with a static ip if you want to host it off of a personal computer. They usually cost $5-15 extra.

Rep:
Level 89
It isn't made to be a wide scale type game. It's just something fun for the members of RMRK. I'm currently trying to get ahold of a friend who might be able to help me out.

So it's more like a Online Mini-Game? For shits and giggle eh? Makes sense. I thought you were trying to get someone to host a full scale MMORPG.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Wait, so what's the progress on finding someone to host this? Have you found someone yet?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Wait, so what's the progress on finding someone to host this? Have you found someone yet?

I don't think so....thats why this is still an open topic =]
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
I'm still trying to get ahold of my friend. No luck yet. :(