RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 69
I hope the next line is "That's an Alien Anal Probe?  It'll never fit!"

That's not alien, it's actually manmade rocket.  :blizj:

Still won't fit.  :-[
Actually that guys facial expression just got about 20x funnier.

Yasmine is a girl.

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
I finished working on a forest mini-puzzle for my upcoming project.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I've been experimenting with class variables and watching some guy blatantly steal my work and get more praise than I've ever gotten for making it, and it lead to this.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That's very pretty TDS.

Who's stealing your work?

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Thanks. Sent you a PM modern algebra. I'm not giving that guy more publicity.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 11:29:45 PM by TDS »

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
The world map of my project so far..
Not really a picture that shows any mapping, but thought it would be funny to upload everything I have done so far. I'm starting to think I might have done it a bit too big...
Anything else you found weird about the map otherwise, or does everything seem ok?

Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Way too small to see anything, but I guess the shapes are fine. Are you going to put anything on the desert and ice continents? There's also quite a bit of empty space on the continent that's almost inappropriately shaped. It also looks like you have a bunch of one-tile islands, which is fine, but you would expect some islands that would be a little bigger. It's a little weird to go from one-tile land masses to massive continents without anything in between.

Rep:
Level 55
Way too small to see anything, but I guess the shapes are fine. Are you going to put anything on the desert and ice continents? There's also quite a bit of empty space on the continent that's almost inappropriately shaped. It also looks like you have a bunch of one-tile islands, which is fine, but you would expect some islands that would be a little bigger. It's a little weird to go from one-tile land masses to massive continents without anything in between.

Ye, I'm not sure how else I could show the map since I need to have it zoomed out in the maker to show the entire map. But I agree It's hard to see the mapping I have done since It's so small. I might put it up in different parts though, to make it easier to see, I'm not sure if I could zoom in the picture somehow though.
The main thing though, is like you said (shapes, and locations of the continents etc is something I'm wondering about). Yes, the desert and ice continents will be mapped later aswell, I just havn't worked out what I will put on those yet.

The empty space is also something I will fill in later on, when I know what I should put there. About the shape of that map though, what do you think is the most drastic thing I should change about the shape? The small 1-tiles are not islands, but It's pretty hard to see what it is in the current state of the picture so I can't blame you for seeing them as islands :) It's just random rocks and waterstreams that I have put out in the deep sea.
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Blow up the size a little and fill it with water, like in Lufia 2 and other RPGs, it'd seem weird for those continents to be next to each other in game...

Rep:
Level 55
Blow up the size a little and fill it with water, like in Lufia 2 and other RPGs, it'd seem weird for those continents to be next to each other in game...

That's a very good point! I had trouble placing the desert island in a good position, and didnt even think about expanding the map to spread them apart  :-\ That's one thing I will keep in mind for sure! thanks!
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 69
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:40:47 PM by Drbigt »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
That ship thing looks so out of place that it's not funny. :|

Starting up a new project and hoping to seriously see it through for once without the need for a contest to keep me focused.

Might look familiar to some people...

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
What is it what is it!
Also kinda  a nitpicky thing, but the doorway on the back wall looks weird, perhaps you could add a frame to the door.

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
@Acezon, Looks great!, maybe you can add some lights effects.
@TDS, FFMQ is one of my favorite games of Snes. all these menus are excellent.
@Dark_Metamorphosis, so far looks cool, keep going.
@Drbigt, wow!, pretty nice. but i think Linda needs more boobs.
---
+ADDONE, from my proyect Mundo/Abismal

Nos vemos. 8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I like the look and feel you're going for, but it's a little bland. Those stalagmites are kind of out of place as well.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Finished the menu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3xcpMSB69o

You probably already know about it, but have you looked at the spriter's resource?

I have that page pinned in chrome.

I've been converting all the resources from the game to VX Ace format, but sadly there seems to be a problem with most tile related resources. The colors become distorted when changing their size to fit the 32 x 32 format. This means I have to redo each tile individually and fix the colors after the size change and also figure out where to best put the tile itself within a tileset image.

Icons

Basic tiles

Also does anyone know why I can't put videos in my post? I use the [yt] tags, but it just leaves a blank space.

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
God, that's pretty TDS. As in, pretty freakin' awesome. So much love for MQ.

Been a while since I last showed anything off here, so...

The menu for my current game. Thanks to MA (script) and Nessiah~<3 (portrait)
The 'Type Levels' allow you to gain different skills depending on the level of a weapon type and which weapon you have equipped at the time. Like so:

Finding items. Not sure if I want to use this portrait or the faces.

(Yeah, font changed.)

And lastly a scene from the introduction.

(There's a reason it's so dark - to block out the light of the cells to the side and it's night - full moon, underground cell.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:07:34 AM by littlesatyr »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I really like what you did with the text in the 3rd screenshot.
Its a neat idea :P

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior

Beware the Eye of Moron Sauron!

Looks WAY better animated than any screenshot can show, and the eye is fully animated.  Kind of reminds me of Wheatley from Portal 2 in a way...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:54:56 AM by Heretic86 »
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Nice effect.  I'm interested, could you do a video of it?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Nice effect.  I'm interested, could you do a video of it?

Gives away too much story.  Have to wait until 2037 when the full game is released!
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 69

This game is just too depressing.