RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Rm2k3, ending an event....how?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
this is driving me insane...im new to rpgmaker and for some reason i can figure it out
how do i turn an event off? like to stop an from just repeating over and over again?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 08:05:21 AM by Zeriab »
Life is like a box of chocolates, some days are great...and others you just wanna spit back out

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
you use the even "erase even"
For Free Web Design, E-mail us at freewebdesign@gmail.com

heh,*hit self on head* duh..

thanks   :)
Life is like a box of chocolates, some days are great...and others you just wanna spit back out

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
ur very weolcome

that works to some extent but when i walk back on to the map it plays over
like: walk in, open chest, get item ,chest dissapears, walk to next map, come back
chest is there again how would i stop that?

Rep:
Level 88
Make another page in the event saying it needs self switch A is on from the properties and on the first page after you get the item/gold Self Switch A gets turned on.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
2k3 doesn't have self-switches, he would need to use a real switch

in witch case, anyone have a switches for dummies guide?, i dont understand switches...at all

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
same here

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
this was by dracohaze i hope he dosnt mind me posting this again

1-Create a new page on the event that joins you party

2-Make sure it's does not have a graphic

3-go to the preconditions and click on one of the switch boxes

4-click on the arrow inside the bar next to it

5-go to where it says name on the switch menu

6-type "(persons name) joins party" in the name box

7-press the ok button

8-go back to the first page

9-create a new event command in the"event command" box (duh :wink: )

10-click on the top-right choice named "switch operation"

11-click on the arrow and choose the switch we just created

12-Then click ok

13-NOW HE WILL DISSAPEAR! (as long as you listened right)

HOPE THIS HELPED YOU!

Yes! thankyou! gah, thats been bugging me for like 3 days! :tpg:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Solved? Add [RESOLVED] to topic title
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun