RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] our last chance

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
   Listen. I don't have a lot of time. I promise that by the time you are finished reading this, you will think one of two things. Either you will think that there is no hope for us whatsoever, or you will think I am a crackpot, or at the very least a good spinner of yarns. I assure you that I am not either of these.
   I have found something out that I wasn't supposed to uncover. I don't exactly know how it happened, but I came in contact with some... thing that was very far from where it should have been. If what I learned is true, then I will be dead by the time you read this. These things don't just let people know this and live. I guess, in a way, I was dead before I ever knew what was happening. Forgive me if I ramble, I really should get to the point.
   Where to begin? I guess the best part would be when I found it. At first, i thought it was a normal bone. A relic of an unfortunate animal left out in the elements for too long. It had an interesting shape and texture to it, and me being the packrat that I am, made the mistake of taking it with me. When I got back to my house, I had already nearly forgotten about it. When I got undressed for the evening, I noticed it in my pocket and placed it on my nightstand.
   In the middle of the night, I was awakened by a strange sound. It is very hard to describe, but if i had to I would say it was the sound that a slug would make if slugs breathed like humans. I assure you that what I saw when I turned on the light was neither slug nor human. I became so frightened that paralysis gripped me. I couldn't move, and I knew that I was already gone. The thing before me had no face. It had no head, and it had no arms. It was like looking at a torso with bipedal movement, but the flesh was fuzzy and unfocused, like looking at a ghost.
   They say voices in your head is a sign of insanity, so maybe this was all just mental collapse. This thing before me casually slipped into my consciousness, and explained itself. It was not mere words, like some would think, but a amalgamation of sounds and images. Like a projector was turned on behind my eyes. The things I saw are the reason I am writing this with my few remaining breaths.
   In the vision, I was located in a sprawling landscape, but nothing like I had seen before. Rather, I had seen, but not in this way. The ground beneath me was made of pink flesh, and would give beneath my feet. Surrounding me were huge monoliths of the whitest bone I had ever seen. A cascade of blood flowed down a mountain of flesh and bone, and pooled into a lake beneath. There were thousands of humans milling about, gathering resources from various sites. Just as I regained my bearings, I was snapped to another place.
   This was an assembly line of sorts, where rows of the torso creatures were apparently using psionics to manipulate the raw flesh into mannequin-like forms of human beings. Another flash, and I was back on earth, but not home yet. I seemed to be in a robotics lab, where researchers were toiling over a cybernetic humanoid head. Immediately my mind made the connection. Once I realized what was happening, I was back in my bed. The thing was gone, but I felt a voice. I say felt, because I didn't actually hear it. It became clear to me that I had been poisoned from being in close contact with the torso. I learned that these things come from a distant place far from Earth. They began constructing humans from the same things that we construct robots: planetary materials. There was a war taking place, and one side needed a weapon that would turn the tide in their favor. That is when humans were invented.
   The war was won, but soon after the humans did what humans do, and rebelled against the torsos, stealing their own technology and using it against them. In a final effort, the few remaining torsos used some sort of wormhole device to banish all humans to a far away world. You can guess where that is. The only problem was that a few of their own were sent along with us. For the past millenia, they have been secretly scouring our planet, searching for signs of our origin to wipe from history. The bone that I found was only part of a mass grave in that location.
   Now that they've learned that there are none of their kind left here, they are moving into the second phase of their plan. At the bottom of the ocean is a machine called the Atlantean Solution. It is set to detonate when the Earth's innate magnetic field reverses itself. There are also devices scattered about the earth, with landmarks to show them. Cayce was right about the Sphinx's right paw. There's one under there. There is one miles below Stonehenge, and there are plenty more but I think you get the idea.
   My tale is ending along with my time left in this world. Now I will send this out and hope that something can, and will be done.
   Listen. Because it might be your only hope.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:20:49 AM by boe »

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Well I like you're story Holkeye...
How long do we have till the things go off and we Die?
I think we should rise up and overpower these things...
We've done it before I'm sure we can doit again. lol

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
That's a pretty groovy story.  ;8
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
spoiler: the narrator dies

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
WHY DID YOU TELL ME THAT

You suck!

But yeah, this is a really interesting concept!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Spoiler for:
Zypher is the narrator. He dies from overexposure to cock juice.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Spoiler for:
=o(

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
i like the story. Your diction is admirable.