RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
More help plz I noob :(

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
Bsically I want it to check to see if the player has enough gold and slime gels in thier inventory.
The one I'm using right now seems very bulky and a bit difficult to make changes.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 09:01:01 PM by Bash »

Click for my current project.

Rep:
Level 84
Scripts are almost always the quickest way. You can add this code into a conditional branch:
Code: [Select]
($game_party.gold >= 10) and ($game.party.item_number($data_items["slime item id"]) >= 5)
($game_party.gold >= 10)
This will check if the party has 10 or more gold. Change the 10 with the amount of gold you want.

($game.party.item_number($data_items["slime item id"]) >= 5)
Here you have to change the "slime item id" text with the slime gel item ID from the database. This will check if you have 5 or more slime gels in your inventory. Change the 5 with the amount you want.

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
Thanks, now I have this error when I select make 'Slime toppers' option.

Though I fixed it but came up anyway. Im gonna try removing the lines for the quest script and see if that works.
Edie: Nope. not problem
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 09:13:42 PM by Bash »

Rep:
Level 84
First, sorry, I make a typo in the code, a "." insteand of a "_", here is corrected:
($game_party.gold >= 10) and ($game_party.item_number($data_items["slime item id"]) >= 5)

Also I have tested it, and works:

Have you changed "slime item id" to the item id?

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
Are there any tutorials on how to make and use little scriptlets like that? It would help me a lot. And thanks  :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, for a lot of that kind of thing you just need to know the syntax and the code, so it'd be an awkward tutorial to write since it would amost require teaching methods. The best thing I can say is learn syntax, so things ike >= is the same as greater than or equal to, and == is checking if equal to, and then search through the scipts for the methods you want.

Rep:
Level 84
I have never seen a tutorial for event scripting, but it is a good idea. I will make a tutorial for that.

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
I'm not oblivious to coding concepts because I do actionscript, I just meant how to do small stuff so I can make things lighter and easier. eg: The gold and item checking method previously posted.

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
Is this right? I keep getting a syntax error.(This was put into a conditional branch)
($game_party.item_number($data_items[007]) >= 3) and ($game_party.item_number($data_items[008]) >= 17)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
take out the zeroes. $data_items[7], not $data_items[007]

Also, you might as well do this the way you had originally. The only silly thing was that you added a condition to check if item was in inventory, when you could've just grabbed the variable way and then checked that and thus reduced the number of conditional branches. Using a script here is not really that necessary :/

But the script way is fine too, it's just not much different.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 06:42:10 PM by Modern Algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
Basically I want the the player to input a number, then it checks if the raw meat they have is greater than the number inputted. Then it multiplies the inputted number by 2(the amount of gold need per piece). Lastly it checks to see if you have enough gold, and the subtracts gold and meat accordingly. However it does not work the way I imagined.
Heres what I have, it does not work :(

My error:

I just cant seem to figure out why it does not work. Sorry for having so many errors/questions I noob. :(

Rep:
Level 84
You are not using scripts in that event, so it shouldn't give you that error. Maybe you have a conflicting script installed, do you have added some scripts?
However, the event should work well. Maybe you can improve it, removing the use of the variable "43:Batch V3", and just using the V1 for changing the amount of items.

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
I am using:
Recover mp/hp/sates after level up
ATS 2.0
Paragraph Formatter
Quest Journel

Rep:
Level 97
Nah, you just haven't grabbed the variable fix. RMVX is packaged with a couple errors regarding variable manipulation in Game_Interpreter. See: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25243.0.html

Rep:
Level 84
Nah, you just haven't grabbed the variable fix. RMVX is packaged with a couple errors regarding variable manipulation in Game_Interpreter. See: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25243.0.html
Oh, I didn't know that RMVX had too many errors, hehe. Enterbrain should check things carrefuly.

Rep:
Level 84
Touch me im soft
It works now thx.