RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New attacks won't hit!

Rep:
Level 87
I created two new attacks in RM2k that always miss no matter what I do.
The first one is called Super Luger and it uses 50 mp and has a basic effect of 400 damage and uses HitB battle animation and is set to target all enemies. The other is called Panzershrek and it uses 10 mp, causes 120 damage and uses single magic flame C for its battle animation and targets one enemey. I tried adjusting them up and down and they always have the same result. They both have Hit rate, Mind Chance, and variance all set on max. Their slots in the tech skills/magic list are 0028 and 0029. What am I doing wrong?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
does you guy have a weapon>?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
There is no such weapon. These attacks function as "spells", not to mention they are enemey attacks.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm not sure if this is true of RM2k, but sometimes translations of games have misleading translations. Sometimes Hit Rate means the opposite: miss rate. I don't know if that is true, but in any case I suggest you replace Hit Rate with the hit rate of a skill that doesn't miss all the time.

Rep:
Level 88
*Cluck cluck*
Or even better, set it to zero.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Try and fool around with the number until you get it right. That's how I figured everything out.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I had the problem too once..
Never got out of it its really anoying

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Maybe your monster's defense is too high.

Rep:
Level 87
Nevermind, I got it. Turns out all I had to do was select HP on the stats down list. :-[

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Yes, You need to mark the box under -Decrease- that says HP. Otherwise the attck doesn't know what it's doing.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
This happened to me once, too. xD Then I found that HP decrease thingy
Hi

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
*Sigh*

Please do take a look at the lovely

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

warning message you get before posting in a 2 year old topic. Even if you do want to post in a beyond dead topic, don't restate the solved problem. It makes you look... well, not good.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Damn, how come every single time a topic is revived from the graveyard, I never realize it and think it's a new topic?!
Hi