RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] The Key to the Kingdom

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Here's the project I'm working on. It's my very first serious project, so I'm basically just trying to create something of an rpg that fits my own preferences the best. My weakest thing is probably the storytelling and the characters, and these parts are still unstable or missing. What I've tried is to use the basics of an idea of a story from a very old board game, called the Key to the Kingdom. This is my working title.

Basic Story:

The gate to an old forgotten realm has been opened, which caused hundreds of monsters to set free. The person who stole the key to open the door, entered this old realm, and it is to the heroes of the game to get the key back from this person, by tracking him down in the old chaos realm, and seal the gate again.

The legend that goes with the creation of the two worlds:
Spoiler for:
Before the creation of our kingdom, another world existed. A peaceful and prosperous land created by three goddesses. They were called Nyth, Hysis and Morgha. Morgha, the goddess of chaos, grew too powerful and filled the land with darkness. Nyth and Hysis therefore shaped a new realm and committed Morgha and her evil creations to their retribution, by sealing the gate to the old world with a powerful, magical key.
The prophecy foretold that chaos would one day be released from its imprisonment in the old world. Rumors of Morgha's Gate being opened, spread quickly and released a wave of fear through the entire land. The King of Albia decided to make a selection of his best knights to find the magical key and seal the gate once again. The main character of the game is a new recruit and gets selected somehow and like that sucked into the story…

As I said earlier I do not know a lot about the characters yet, so it will probably be better to not mention the loose pieces I already have to prevent wrong impressions about them. It will probably be Morgha as the main villain, and the person who stole the key in the first place could be some kind of third party throughout the game.

Scripts & Credits:

Scripts I (most probably) want to use are the Monster Book script by Woratana, the Limited Vision script by Reijubv, Lights script by Kylock, Global Text Codes script and the Wordlocks script by Modern Algebra, Fog Effects script by Falcao, the Synthesis Shop script by Zylos, and the Animated Titlescreen script by Hanzo Kimura & Speed. My menu graphics are inspired by the ReinoRPG hud from LB.

Titlescreen:

A demo of the titlescreen.
http://www.mediafire.com/?f6iyf7y7zyz12h9

Screenshots:

Example of a small map.
Spoiler for:

Example of how I want to create some scenes in the game.
Spoiler for:

Example of a house. (blacksmith in this case)
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 09:52:53 AM by Wirowski »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Looks really neat!
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm really digging that scene screenshot. Hopefully, there will be a multitude of scenes similar to it. The story is interesting, but It makes me wonder how these knights will be able to kill a god... Unless they're just that epic.

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
You're very talented in the mapping/scene development.  You might think about the type of people that would become knights, have you been in a military situation and gotten to know someone related to the military.  I have, and a lot of them joined because they had nothing else, they needed college money, they were forced by parents, they wanted to get away from bad family/neighborhoods... etc.

And the Newby could be shy, or very self-assured.  Whatever you choose to develop them as it helps to think of the reasons for them to be in this situation from each of their points of views.

Hope this helps.
coming soon to a pc near you

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
It's such a simple way of thinking but you have to come up with it. I'll use it, thanks. I don't know know how this group of knights are going to kill a god. Maybe they don't. I have to really think it through. Anyway hereby a demo of my titlescreen. I used the Animated Titlescreen script by Hanzo Kimura & Speed to let the background pan and to change the pictures for the menu choices.

Titlescreen:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f6iyf7y7zyz12h9