RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Legend Retold

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
FIRST, does anyone else have a game with this name? Cause I keep thinking I've heard this title before, and if its your game, I don't want to steal your title.

Heres what happens-
You start the game as a kid and there is a festival where you live. Your father gives you 5 tickets and there are 5 things to do at the festival.(5 mini games :o ). So you have to participate in each activity and based on how well you do in each, it determines your stats as an adult. It will determine wheter you will be-
A beggar
A commoner
A noble

Originally, I was going to have an abs. That was too hard. So I was making a non-script side-view battle system. That was too hard. SO now I'm just using this 1-on-1 battle system script. Doesn't make the game as original, but I'm not too much of a l337 programmer.

And also, the festival activites will not only determine what you will be like as an adult, but also your skills.

The 4 basic skills are-
Strength
Speed
Stealing
Lockpicking

These stats aren't used in battle.
Strength is used for-
Hitting people
bashing down doors
smashing barrels
violence

Speed is used for-
running speed(running from the guards is an example)

Stealing is exactly as it sounds.

Lockpicking-
Opening doors, in other words, trespassing.

Now your thinking "AM I supposed to be a bad guy in this game?"

Answer: Only if you want to be.
Based on your actions, people will notice if your good or evil.
Also, your fame can increase peoples reaction to you.
A beggar who steals would give the nobles the common impression they all have about all beggars. Y'know, just thinking they're dirty and stuff.

A good person commoner might get some attention from some nice nobles.

A rich noble(who might be you) could buy a house, and a beggar who knows your rich could break into your house, steal your stuff, and maybe try to kill you.

If someone catches doing somthing bad, they will alert the guards, unless your crazy evil(because you might make them too scared to move), and there may be a chance that a guard is afraid of you as well.

Or maybe a guard could lessen your fine if your good.

There isn't much of a plot, and I aim to finish this game within the next 12 days. So what do you think? Sound cool?

There are also going to be many activities in this game, so be prepared to do more than attacking people.
You could get a job (maybe not if your a beggar).
You can buy a house.
You DO NOT have to be evil in this game.
Tell me what you think.

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Sounds almost like Fable.
'Sides the beginning festival part.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
i agree with ark with the fable idea....but if you're making a game like that just make the choices you make really affect the ending to your character....thats my opinion lol
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

completion: 8% (i think lol)
DEMO: http://files.filefront.com/Hero2exe/;4883008;;/fileinfo.html

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
sounds good, but how wil lyou program the AI for each? im assuming many, may switches and variables, or the NPC relationship script, somehow (ha last one is a stretch, i know)

Quote from: Lord Dante
sounds good, but how wil lyou program the AI for each? im assuming many, may switches and variables, or the NPC relationship script, somehow (ha last one is a stretch, i know)

think about making a relationship script makes my head hurt lol
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

..............SHAZZAM!!!!>>>>>>>I AM YOUR MASTER OF COMMAND>>>>>HAHAhahAHAHHAAHAHh only jokin'

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Actually, Fable was an inspiration for this game. And anywho, I was going to have an ABS at first, but that was too hard, and I tried to make a custom battle system, but that was still too hard. So I'm just using this basic script battle system.

And yeah, theres only one town (With the noble section, the commoner section, and the slums), so basically, there are about 5 different reactions that each basic townsperson has to a-
good beggar
evil beggar
good commoner
evil commoner
good noble
evil noble
And theres also a famous version for each of those whcih give 5 more reactions to each. So thats 60 different reactions people can have to your character. Plus you have to remember not everyone, such as the other beggars, know all the stuff going on, since they are kinda excluded. So a beggar might not know who you are even if you have a famous status. Tons of switches and variables just for a common townsperson.

And yeah, there will definitely be over 2 different endings based on your character.
And also, there is this one guy in my game named CARLOS!, and he's got a pimp hat and man, he is a cool lookin' guy!

Also like in Fable, life is alot easier if you steal.
And if you steal from someone's house that isn't yours, then they can call the guards and they can throw you into the jail(located in the slums).

At the beginning, I have 4 of 5 mini games done. Some of them are hard and, as said earlier, I am no 1337 programmar. So the mini games are kind of iffy.

I guess I'll release a demo of the game once I finish the festival and the beginning of the actual game.
So, thanks for no bad comments. LatOR!

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Quote from: dragonmagna
Actually, Fable was an inspiration for this game. And anywho, I was going to have an ABS at first, but that was too hard, and I tried to make a custom battle system, but that was still too hard. So I'm just using this basic script battle system.

And yeah, theres only one town (With the noble section, the commoner section, and the slums), so basically, there are about 5 different reactions that each basic townsperson has to a-
good beggar
evil beggar
good commoner
evil commoner
good noble
evil noble
And theres also a famous version for each of those whcih give 5 more reactions to each. So thats 60 different reactions people can have to your character. Plus you have to remember not everyone, such as the other beggars, know all the stuff going on, since they are kinda excluded. So a beggar might not know who you are even if you have a famous status. Tons of switches and variables just for a common townsperson.

And yeah, there will definitely be over 2 different endings based on your character.
And also, there is this one guy in my game named CARLOS!, and he's got a pimp hat and man, he is a cool lookin' guy!

Also like in Fable, life is alot easier if you steal.
And if you steal from someone's house that isn't yours, then they can call the guards and they can throw you into the jail(located in the slums).

At the beginning, I have 4 of 5 mini games done. Some of them are hard and, as said earlier, I am no 1337 programmar. So the mini games are kind of iffy.

I guess I'll release a demo of the game once I finish the festival and the beginning of the actual game.
So, thanks for no bad comments. LatOR!

there are already these scripts made (duh) helpful hints: rmxp.net

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I didn't ask for a script.... Excpet for that part at the beginning, but the battle that I described as a "Basic battle system" is NOT the default battle system.

2 more things.
1. There aren't random encounters in this game. There also aren't enemies walking around that you bump into. Enemies will be seen in the game via storyline.
2. No EXP! You have to buy your stats up.

And I'll have some screens up soon.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
WHOA.  This sounds really cool. :^^:   I'm not kidding. :D  I had no idea you were working on something like this.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
hm, the astoryline monsters sound like rivera: the promised land (such an AWESOME game) . anyways...

May i use that idea? I WAS JUST SAYING WITH THE SCRIPTS, THAT THEY WOUDL MAKE THINGS MUCH, MUCH EASIER IF U ARE ON RMXP.

goddamn caps lock. ah well, to lazy to fix it now. g'nite

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
<3 Riviera.

From my experience watching him make this game, I can say that the minigames are enjoyable, and this game shows a lot of promise. :D

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
:^^:
And I guess I forgot to mention, I'm making this for RMXP...
And heres a surprise-
I'M USING THE RTP OF XP!!! THAT IS THE ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE FOR ANYONE WHO PLAYS THIS GAME!!!
And I finished that part at the beginning, I think it might take a day or two to completely finish the city/town. You know, the only one in the game. Because basically you have a list of actions for each person who each has an inventory, and based on your fame, actions, and more towards them and others, they will each treat you differently.
Also, there may be a day and night system! I happened to find a notepad document on how to do a day/night system really easily.
PHSHOOW! I aim on releasing a demo soon. And I have about 1 screenshot, I can take more. I'll host some screenies tommorow and expect a demo within the next 2 days. Of course, don't expect that demo to be more than 30 mins minimum.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Sounds great.  :^^:

You know I'll be keeping an eye on this.
:tinysmile:

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Quote from: dragonmagna
FIRST, does anyone else have a game with this name? Cause I keep thinking I've heard this title before, and if its your game, I don't want to steal your title.

I've just thought of this:

Maybe you're thinking of the Soul Caliber 2 slogan?

"Transcending history and the world, a tale of souls and swords, eternally retold."

I don't know, that's just what "Legends Retold" reminds me of.

Rep:
Level 91
Captain Fucking Callahan
This does sound very cool, i cant wait it sounds AWESOME!
"Always remember the best form of revenge is to better yourself." -ZV

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I'm so happy happy! :^^:  :D  :o  :wink:  :lol:  :P
Wait, I accidentally typed happy twice, lol.
Anywho, I'm glad so many people like it. I said I would have screenshots  tommorow about 3 days ago, but didn't and, no, the demo isn't done yet. I've had to do a lot of homely stuff and haven't had the chance to work.
And I really need this one script that I think is ridiculously easy to make.... Check it out in the scripts section. Help me or I'll never make this game. Even a novice could make this script. But I know 0 of scripting.

And basically, my inspiration for this game was:
Fable
Ogre battle(Plotwise, not gameplaywise)
Maia's one game where you can do stuff.
Those games were very charactery.

And also, I made it a tad harder to become a noble at the beginning, because noble is starting out with a lot of money and stuff, and I've noticed you have to be trying really hard to be a beggar. Oh well.
And my test player has been saying this game sounds awesome, but even though its RTP, it looks awesome.

The main character I just made out of some "cooler" RTP resources. So he has a cool hairstyle and some RTP clothing. It looks like some amazing guy you could make with a character generator.

And something else, you look even cooler than when you start once you get a fame of 100 or more, because I thought that would just be interesting.

And let me tell you, this is my first game wher I have had more than 20 pages of events for every single, non-noticed, townsperson. Almost done with the beggars reaction to-
beggar
famous beggar
commoner
famous commoner
noble
famous noble

And there are five different things he can say to each of those. Meaning, when you talk to him, he'll say one thing. ANd talk to him again, he'll say another thing. Talk to him 5 times, he'll say the first thing again.
So theres 30 pages of events right there.
I have to do the same thing for a a commoner and noble townsperson, so thats a total of 90 REACTIONS THAT CHARACTERS CAN HAVE TO YOU!
Awesome stuff right there.
Thanks for your support, guys. Expect screenshots withing the immediate future.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Here are some screenshots I promised-

Standing by a tree...

Checkin' out the clock.

Talking across the table.

Two new things-
Finished all the commoner townspeople for the entire game.
Got a working day and night system.

:D

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, this does sound pretty sweet.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Quote from: Draylorn
Yeah, this does sound pretty sweet.

Thank you. You made my title screen.  :D

Doof, I made a mistake in the screen where hes standing by the clock. Trees don't grow out of tile!

BTW, what do you all think of my maps? I've gotten a bit better at making maps, and I try to make them all very good.

i like your mapping its very good....i just hope they seem to be full of life once you play the game....but the maps in my opinion are wonderful! can't wait for the demo
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Maps: 7/10

I wouldn't say their bad by any means, but they could still use some work. Like adding detail and such.

But the gameplay and everything else sounds good. Well, if you need music...  :wink:
:tinysmile:

Quote from: HaloOfTheSun
Maps: 7/10

I wouldn't say their bad by any means, but they could still use some work. Like adding detail and such.

But the gameplay and everything else sounds good. Well, if you need music...  :wink:

yea you are the shiz at music...thats what i seen since your the leader of it and all...and i so totally agree with you on the maps!
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.....

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
rtp tilesets arent bad at all if you can use them properly...i kindof can, but thats not the point.

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Not a bad story dragonmagna, but your mapping needs some work ><

If you want help, mail me or IM me if possible.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I tried to put in as many details as I could, but this is my first RTP game and the first game I've made where the maps are RTP or at least RTP styled.

kaigen20 said:

i just hope they seem to be full of life once you play the game

In every map of the city, there are a LOT of people, 30 pages each, baby! They all walk around. You can talk to them, attack them, or steal from them!

Also, if you decide to be thiefy in the game, try not paying any fines you get, because its easier to eascape the town and instantly lose your fine rather than go to jail and lose a lot of money(if not all of it). Or get kicked out of town adn lose all your money. A really good part where speed comes in handy. Useful thing to buy.

Thats another thing-
You have to buy equipment, skills, and stats.

This game has some really cool features I added and came up with today, but I won't tell you what they are yet, because I want it be a surprise and I would feel like I'm bragging if I gave it away. Hope you don't mind.

And HaloOfTheSun, I don't need any music for this game. Er, well, not any custom music at least.

And Dwarra, you thought I had a good story? I thought it was a dumb reason to put a miniature plot in the game to allow for massive character creation stuff.

So I'm almost 100% done with the city for the ENTIRE GAME! Then I can actually make other maps and stuff.
And lockpicking and bashing down doors is fun, I suggest you try it in the game at least once. Only a 50 G fine yo!

So, yeah, thanks for all your support and help guys.              
 :^^:  :D  :x  :shock:  :?  :)  :o  :lol:  :oops:  :cry:  :wink: