RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Origin: Destiny

Rep:
Level 83
So! Now I have 3 projects. Tales of Koridon XP/2003 versions, Tales of a Hedgehog: Corrupt Light for 2003, and now Origin: Destiny for XP.

Origin: Destiny is a Phantom Brave/Disgaea/Tales series/Sonic Series crossover game that is actually still in progress in the story department. As such, I only have a list of characters to be in the game.

Spoiler for:
Phantom Brave: Ash and Marona
Disgaea: Laharl, Etna, Flonne (Fallen Angel Version)
Tales Series: Lloyd, Collete, and Genis. Original Characters: Lupin, Lyre
Sonic Series: Original Characters Only, one of them being Flash (aka, ME)

This is a turn-based RPG, just for your info.
It's not me is it? No, it's not. Then why is there only ONE chili dog when I ordered 2?
-----------------------------------
Current Projects:
Tales of a Hedgehog: Corrupt Light

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Was this topic even necessary? There's nothing here.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Origin:Destiny

uhh...

crossover game

...and I'm gone.
don't forget
Original Characters: Lupin, Lyre;
Sonic Series: Original Characters Only, one of them being Flash (aka, ME)

sounds like a shitty mary sue self insert, someone sound the suck alarm.

Rep:
Level 83
I hate the prejuduce against fan-characters....

Don't give it a bad rating just because of a fan-character. Really!

And crossovers... REALLY??? Crossover! "OMG, I got banned!"

You guys are not being very nice to someone who is new here.

So it's a CROSSOVER/FAN-GAME, that's a HUGE pile of crap. NOT!

Here's what I think- I think you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. End. Of. Story. GOT IT?????

*phew*
Uh...
Yeah.
The info? Well, I did give something. The characters. I haven't got the plot worked out yet. Oh well. It's being worked on. It takes place in Ivoire, the world that Phantom Brave is set.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 01:23:21 AM by LupinAKAFlashTH »
It's not me is it? No, it's not. Then why is there only ONE chili dog when I ordered 2?
Current Projects:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Here's what I think - I think I can't wait until Falcon gets here.

Rep:
Level 83
Is that a bad thing?
Current Projects:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Was this topic even necessary? There's nothing here.

Rep:
Level 83
*random cursing*

Okay... *ahem* There's nothing here. YET. BE PATIENT. God damn every person who hates an RPG just 'cause it's a crossover/Mary Sue/whatever you want to call it.
Current Projects:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I don't hate it because it's a crossover or a fan game. I only hate FF7 fan games. I just don't like this topic. I think it was pretty pointless to post the most minimal amount of information about a game that you don't even know about yet, and you're the one making it. It's best to stick to one game at a time. I don't mind that you're making 3, but you have to realize that logically you can't put the same amount of time into each one and therefore they're all going to be pretty shitty. I'm simply telling you to post about this when you have something real for us to excited about. Obviously if all we know is that the game is somehow related to Sonic and you're in it somewhere then we're not going to care. To be honest...we don't really know who you are. Not that it's bad, but seriously. There's nothing here that's worth a topic of it's own.

~Edit: I think my post here has more words in it than the topic's first post. Also, I loved Disgaea 1.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 02:05:51 AM by grafikal009 »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Wow. You give us a story that you clearly threw together in about 12 seconds. It probably has taken me more time to write this post than it took you to write your story.

Let me tell you why we all hate these crossover games: because I've never seen a decent one. Hell, I've never even seen a completed one. (I'm not saying there aren't any out there, I'm just unaware of them)

You shouldn't post a three sentence post with no screenshots and expect positive feedback.

Here's the advice I'll give you, abandon this and any other projects you might have. I don't think you'll finish one of your three projects. If you want to make a good game, start from scratch.

Rep:
Level 83
Excuse me? I'm very well into one of those projects thank you very much.
As for the rest, I am going to stay dedicated to this one for a long, LONG, time.
ToK is just going to have to wait. I need a LOT of custom stuff for that anyway.
Sorry for not having any screens! It's very early in development, and I'm still looking for resources.
And no, it's not a Sonic game. It includes Sonic Style Characters and Tales Characters, but it's mostly Phantom Brave/Disgaea.

So I'm not giving up. Never.

Edit: Thank god someone has heard of Disgaea!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:49:45 PM by LupinAKAFlashTH »
Current Projects:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Edit: Thank god someone has heard of Disgaea!

because Disgaea is a totally underrated game that nobody knows about.

Protip: don't post about a game until you have something to show about it.  Screens, story, more details, title image, battle system info, what have you.

I've never seen a decent one[crossover game].

I haven't seen a decent one in RMXP, but Super Robot Wars is a crossover of a bunch of giant robot anime in Japan, and is a damn good series.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
why is it people think recoloring sonic makes them creative THIS IS UUUUUUH, FLASH HE'S LIKE SUPERSONIC WITH LINES AND GREEN SHOES.
I've never seen a decent one[crossover game].
I haven't seen a decent one in RMXP, but Super Robot Wars is a crossover of a bunch of giant robot anime in Japan, and is a damn good series.
this

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I hate the prejuduce against fan-characters....

Don't give it a bad rating just because of a fan-character. Really!

And crossovers... REALLY??? Crossover! "OMG, I got banned!"

So it's a CROSSOVER/FAN-GAME, that's a HUGE pile of crap. NOT!

Here's what I think- I think you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. End. Of. Story. GOT IT?????

*phew*
Uh...
Yeah.
The info? Well, I did give something. The characters. I haven't got the plot worked out yet. Oh well. It's being worked on. It takes place in Ivoire, the world that Phantom Brave is set.

As much as I'd like to defend you from these criticisms, I have moral reservations that tell me doing such would harm your development.

As harsh as many of these replies seem, they are true. There isn't a particular prejudice against fangames or crossover games, because when people dislike them, it is seldom informed by the fact that they are crossovers or fan games but just that they are poorly done, and crossover games are hard to do not poorly. I do believe that a good crossover game or fan game can exist, and it's not necessarily the case that all fangames or crossover games are bad (see: Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements, which was last month's Project of the Month), but the fact is that most of them are, and in order for people to like your game they need to see some reason to. Really, how can we not judge a book by its cover if you don't have any content aside from the cover? Why post it if you don't want feedback, and what is there to give feedback on in this topic? The fact that it's a crossover. And what are people telling you? Most crossover games fail miserably. Don't get so defensive. If you want people to respect this game, then make it good, and show them that it's good. Don't just tell them that it is and expect them to believe you.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
As much as I'd like to defend you from these criticisms, I have moral reservations that tell me doing such would harm your development.

As harsh as many of these replies seem, they are true. There isn't a particular prejudice against fangames or crossover games, because when people dislike them, it is seldom informed by the fact that they are crossovers or fan games but just that they are poorly done, and crossover games are hard to do not poorly. I do believe that a good crossover game or fan game can exist, and it's not necessarily the case that all fangames or crossover games are bad (see: Legend of Zelda: Necklace of Elements, which was last month's Project of the Month), but the fact is that most of them are, and in order for people to like your game they need to see some reason to. Really, how can we not judge a book by its cover if you don't have any content aside from the cover? Why post it if you don't want feedback, and what is there to give feedback on in this topic? The fact that it's a crossover. And what are people telling you? Most crossover games fail miserably. Don't get so defensive. If you want people to respect this game, then make it good, and show them that it's good. Don't just tell them that it is and expect them to believe you.

listen to this man.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
What's this? Did I miss some drama project thread again?

Look, I like Sonic and Disgaea too, and hey, if you can do this and make it decent, well, good for you then. But as it stands now, there's nothing here except for a list of characters who you want to be in the game. That's like me saying I'm gonna put Cloud, Red XIII, Dante and Vergil from DMC, Chaz from PSIV, and myself into a game. Doesn't mean I can do it, or even make it look good; in fact odds are the complete opposite since people already know what those characters look and act like in their own stories. You have to be -extremely- good to get a crossover game working right, and frankly, without any screenshots or proof otherwise, we're going to assume it sucks ass like every other project idea that's attempted to do this.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Also, don't take us so harshly. As harsh as we sound. It's true.

Rep:
Level 91
Excuse me? I'm very well into one of those projects thank you very much.

Prove it, I don't recall seeing any screenshots from any of your projects. Post something that proves you aren't some newb, then we'll take you seriously.

Modern, I don't think we're saying anything against fangames, we're just talking about crossovers here.

Rep:
Level 83
Fine! Check out these videos! They're from Tales of a Hedgehog: Corrupt Light, created with RPG Maker 2k3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDmgCNC-sLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb_T_GBoRfU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHmxya80CY

I like video presentations anyway.   ;)
Current Projects:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Those are fine and all, but they don't pertain to anything inside of this topic. Which is mostly our point. Why did you make this topic?(rhetorical) Those videos you posted should be inside the topics that correspond to those games to establish your ethos.

Rep:
Level 83
AHHHHH! HYPOCRITES!!!

Geez, I don't HAVE any screenshots up yet. Go fly around someone else's head right now- I'm working on it!

Thank you for the... comment. And I know this shouldn't be here- I only put 'em there cause I was trying to prove I was not an RPG Maker newb.
Even if I tend not to follow the rules and put the vids in random places- should have I sent them in a PM instead?  ???
Whatever.
Current Projects:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Even if I tend not to follow the rules and put the vids in random places- should have I sent them in a PM instead?  ???
Whatever.

If the videos were posted inside of a topic that related to the game in those videos, then you could of just linked to that topic inside of here so that we could simply jump from here to there and view other information that you've included in these games besides the videos.

And how is anybody a hypocrite? (Maybe, but I haven't seen what you're talking about)

Rep:
Level 91
It's fine if he wants to post a video to give an example of his work. Doesn't personally change my opinion of the game, but he's welcome to post it.

You should work on your mapping, it's horrible.

Rep:
Level 83
I'm a newb at mapping. I really suck. I couldn't think of any good design so I came up with that.
And the WTF, Collete video's scene- I did that small forest area on purpose.
Current Projects: