RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Collection Book Script

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RPG maker ftw
Hi everybody, this is my first post to the site, and I plan on making many many more. Just got hooked on how amazing this rpg maker vx thing is and so I decided to get to work on a game that I've wanted to do since about 5 years ago. It's been brewing ever since. I've drawn maps and wrote countless pages of storyline, but never have I been able to really see some progress.

Until now.

But I've hit a roadblock and I was hoping one of you very talented scripters would come to my aid here. I plan on learning scripting sometime soon, but I seriously dont have the time. This game is going to be huge, and will probably take me at least a year to finish as it's an open world classic rpg. So I want it to be perfect in every way I can make it.

What i need is a collection book script. meaning I need a script to add in a menu option that brings you to a page with a customizable amount of slots that are filled each time a certain item comes in to your possession. And when you go over each item it gives you a little description of the item and whatnot. I don't want you to make the items, just the menu so I can figure it all out.

Thanx so much for your help if you can. I hope it's not asking too much, and I really hope I'm asking in the right place. Oh and i have looked around. And not just a little, a lot. Like for hours.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:37:21 PM by axoh17 »
The last Judgement

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Not sure if it's exactly what you want, but you could try my Items & Skills Catalogue

RPG maker ftw
That actually looks pretty good. I'm gonna test it out and see what i can do with it, but can I make it so only the items I designate to go in to there, will go in?

EDIT: Ok so I got it and its in, but I am getting a headache trying to figure out why i get a syntax error every time I want to open the catalog in the game. Do you mind posting just the most generic form of code I have to put in to a call script to make the catalog come up? Just replace the things I have to change with a simple word or two. No symbols that i may or may not have to keep. Thats where I've been getting confused with a lot of peoples scripts lately. They try to hard at explaining thing, and then they fall flat because of it. But that doesnt usually happen to yours. I actually love your scripts. Especially the massive quest book. Took me forever to find a good one.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:33:11 PM by axoh17 »
The last Judgement

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yes. Also, remember to read through the topic to collect any bug fixes like this one

EDIT::
The generic code to call it would be:

Code: [Select]
$scene = Scene_Catalogue.new (1)

That would call the "All Weapons" Catalogue. Since you are going to be making new catalogues, you would replace the 1 in that call with whatever ID you give the new catalogues.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 03:43:11 PM by modern algebra »

RPG maker ftw
Ah i see. So is there no way to put this in to your inventory? cause it looks like it's only a map/event script. I wouldn't mind it either way, but in the menu would be a nice addition.

And thanx for that other code, as I was actually hitting that error. All fixed, awesome.

EDIT: Alright man, cool. It works. Nice, thanx. It seems I'll have to set up like little bases where the player can access certain information like this. No menu.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:50:19 PM by axoh17 »
The last Judgement

Rep:
Level 75
Use YEM custom menu script it allows you to make new menu commands using the same kind of code that Modern Algerbra gave you it is in the VX scripts section in the pocket house script topic.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, most CMSes include a feature like that: KGC CustomCommand, YERD/YEZ/YEM, PAC Main Menu, Phantasia-esque CMS, Full Status CMS, etc...

Some of those also alter the design of the menu, while some are exclusively limited to adding new commands. There are also tutorials out there which could tell you what lines to alter in the Menu script to add new commands. There are plenty of options.

RPG maker ftw
I'll have to look in to that when I get back from vacation. It sure would be nice to havwe everything at the esc button.
The last Judgement