RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Windows 7, Windows Live Messenger and DPI settings

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
So for a while now I have been using a large HDTV/monitor as my primary display for my PC. Although it's nice to use such a large screen, I can only use 1280 x 720 without wanting to kill myself due to small font size. With this in mind, I decided to try changing DPI to make all text bigger by "magnifying" it, which worked in a way.

After changing the DPI or "Windows Magnifier" to 150%, everything was nice and clear at higher resolutions, including 1920 x 1080. Everything was abiding by the changes, except Windows Live Messenger. All the text (excluding the window bar) in Windows Live is still at it's usual size, making everything in it almost unreadable.

I've checked online for fixes or workarounds for this problem, but to no avail. Does anyone here have any ideas that doesn't include changing monitors? :X

Oh and according to Windows 7, 1920 x 1080 supposed to be my native resolution.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:04:42 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 81
I'm sure there is a way to change the font size from within Windows Live Messenger.

When you change your font size using the "Change Font" icon in a conversation window, I think it changes all the fonts to that size, not just your own.

Don't quote me on that though, I'm not completely sure.

Hope this helped.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I wow, I didn't try the most simple solution.  :tpg:

Thanks Xio, it worked.