RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Best FPS you've ever played?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Mine might have to be TimeSplitters 2 or UT2003, I love both and they're like crack to me!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Goldeneye!  Or maybe Halo that one ruled

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Timesplitters 2, ah, good times. Counterstrike is ok too, it just gets old after a while. Half-life gets really funny sometimes.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Dues Ex =D

Only FPS I've really liked.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Half-Life 2. I never get bored of it.

Click the pic!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I havent played many FPS's on account of my computer overheats too much and I dont buy many, even though  Ishould.

Halo is pretty fun. Im sorry, but its just the 'beginners' FPS. its so well known its basically an intro into that realm.

Suprisingly, I play alot of TPS's...e.g. Mercanaries, Brute Force, Battlefront...

Im thinking of picking up Killzone or Republic COmmando. Any thoughts?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Red Faction 2.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Alright, a little old school...

I think the most fun I've had with a FPS was DUKE NUK'EM... while playing with another friend. 

I remember I had discovered a little glitch with the PIPE BOMB.  In the game, you tossed down a pipe bomb, and your free hand appeared on the screen holding a "deadman" button.  You could set off the bomb by lifting your finger off the keyboard.  The GLITCH was, as long as you kept your finger on the button, you could continue to lay down pipe bombs.

My friend and I were running around this vast map, killing each other, when I came across a long ramp leading up to a drop off into a large room.  On one side of the ramp, at the top, was a small alcove where a cache of 10 pipe bombs respawned every few seconds.

My tiny brain came up with a giant plan.

I hid in the alcove, and started filling the room below with pipe bombs, laying more down as they respawned.  The PLAN was to wait for him to come up the ramp, let him see me at the top.  I would jump down into the room, leave out the exit, and he would hopefully chase me, jumping down into room full of pipe bombs.

I had over a hundred pipe bombs in the room, when I decided to peek down the ramp.  He was halfway up!  He started firing, I panicked, and jumped down into the room... but my fingers slipped off the keys.

The room went up, and my many body parts decorated the walls of the room.  There was a short pause, then I got a message over the screen from my friend, "Uh.. you okay there, buddy?"
Jonathan Sodalis www.sodalisrpg.com
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
        -from "The Sayings of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Half-Life 2. I never get bored of it.
Fully agree.  Hl2=greatest FPS ever.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Hmm let's see..

Timesplitters 2 was godly. I got the first Halo for PC and quite enjoyed it. I played each quake game when it came out and loved them all. I still play Quake III today. I played Unreal Tournament when it came out and I still play it today <3

Unreal II: The Awakening was very overshadowed; I thought it was great but it didn't sell so well at all =(
bringing sexy back

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Hmm let's see..

Timesplitters 2 was godly. I got the first Halo for PC and quite enjoyed it. I played each quake game when it came out and loved them all. I still play Quake III today. I played Unreal Tournament when it came out and I still play it today <3

Unreal II: The Awakening was very overshadowed; I thought it was great but it didn't sell so well at all =(

do you still play halo on cpu? I think I will dl it soon so if still play...

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Get hl2, its much better than halo.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
halo 2 isnt on cpu...and I play halo 2 on xbox live =D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Oh, my new fav:

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz: party game, the fps one, rocks major ass!

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Hes talking about half life 2

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
Counter strike and goldeneye.
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
There is this half life two mod, and its goldeneye remade with the half life two physics and graphics. it is SO fun to use slappers to beat somone to death in a vent.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Hes talking about half life 2
I was um...testing you guys...ya...
but I used to play CS a long time ago...fun stuff.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

That too <3
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Halo, Half life (1 and 2), counterstrike, medal of honor... thinking back, the only fps i didn't like was doom3 - and i played it to the end, nevertheless :P
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Ah! How could i forget, you guys SHOULD try it, its GREAT:
 FARCRY!

...and daikatana sucked... badly.
3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
yeah, farcry was good.  It did have some weird looking forearms though.  Nice map editor in instincts: evolution.  best I've seen in a console fps.

Rep:
Level 88
*yawn*
Although it doesnt really go on as an FPS,
Spoiler for:
GEARS OF WAR! BEST F-ING 360 GAME YET!!!

until Halo 3...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Halo 3 is going to suck, and why write in such small letters?

Gears of War is an TPS, third person shooter, not a first person...I guess it doesn't count.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Halo 3 is going to suck

why? you don't have a 360? I guess thats why. =/

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
halo is one of the better fps franchises I think.  It sells that is, I don't think it even comes close to hl2.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Not that I have played many FPS's. I know Morrowind's default view is first person, so if you could see it as an FPS in that aspect, then that would be my choice, at least until Project Crescent is released.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:33:41 PM by Arwym »

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Eh... I don't know if morrowind would be included... it is a good game though.  hl2 is still better.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Halo 3 is going to suck

why? you don't have a 360? I guess thats why. =/

Nope, I like Halo 2 and 1, but I think the plot is going to ruin the story, but I think the multiplayer might be pretty good. My bro has a 360.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
true....but who plays halo 2 for 1 player mode? I Think I beat that thing once and was like alright cool NOW TO LIVE.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
My brother beat it all except on the hardest mode...

I like the sword and sticky grenades!

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
You can't beat it on legendary? how noob.  Sword is a noob weapon, but yeah I love it too  :D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
he never plays much, in fact he doesn't even own the game...  :-\

Spoiler for:
Sword is not a noob weapon.
I've gotten the thing past killing spree with just the sword against people ho have beaten it on legendary. Is legendary hard? I never really got into the story mode. I always  played multi. 

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sword = fun  using it online = getting flamed. =/ so I use shotty...oh and stickys...ask anyone who played me on live...your going to to get stuck a few times in a game with me.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Heh... the halo franchise is cool, but is not enough to make the 360 sell, so Microsoft signed contracts with japanese game companies... they're making a "3D anime idol maker" or something, looked pretty neat  ;D
 Halo 2 is not being ported by the PC? Or it already has been? I remember that halo was also a sci-fi book or something, if that's the case Bungie should avoid "making up" stories for the sequels and keep the book scripts.
3D ANIMATIONS:
3D and 2D anime ART:

Rep:
Level 88
*yawn*
Halo 2 Is being ported to the PC, but only for Vista

and BTW i never said Gears of War was an FPS, i said although it doesnt really count as an FPS

::)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Halo 2 Is being ported to the PC, but only for Vista

and BTW i never said Gears of War was an FPS, i said although it doesnt really count as an FPS

::)

opppsss....sorry!  ;)

A friend said GoW rocked...so did I cousin, but that cousin was born with Horns and a Tail...
I trust my friend, but not my cousin.

Rep:
Level 88
I still play Goldeneye with my bro and friends...they dont like it tho cuz i kill em all =D
right now tho the only FPS i play alot is Medal of Honor European Assault. and i barely play that, my time is for starcraft. :)

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Goldeneye, definitly. Also, the one that was for the N64. I LOVED that game..me and my cousin  played it constantly. I'm not used to the Gamecube one (forget which one it is) and I lost horribly in a 120~ kill game against 3 of my friends =\

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Timesplitters 2, hands down. According to the tracker, I have played that game for over four day's worth of play, and I still have not unlocked everything, but I'm only missing two levels, and I think six characters.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Goldeneye is my favorite, and Unreal Tournament is pretty cool. And for the record, Halo games suck.
:tinysmile:

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
So you mean your games suck right?  ;8
Im kidding, but you have a point, they are okay with friends. Thats why I don't have a 360

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
UT2004 is a blessing to me, can't wait for 2007. Anybody has 2004 and wants to play a match sometime?
->

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I lost my copy of UT2K4, I miss it.

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
You can probably buy it for $15 or less. My friend bought it really cheap about 4 months ago, about $8; I was extremely surprised.

Edit: From a GameStop, in new condition =/
->

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Gunz is like a hybrid fps/tps, but I've been playing it for about five years. Best. Shooter. Ever.

And that's hard to give out to games these days.

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
I don't know about the best, but the most fun I've had with a FPS is Killzone on the PS2. It was a little glichy, but good, gritty graphics, pretty decnt story for a console FPS, love the weps were standardish, but still fun. If I could have any wep from the game it would be th Helgaust assalt rifle.

But one of the most impressive parts of the game was the voice acting. Unbelivably good.
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
You should really get Gunz, it's all free too. Amazing, and the graphics and pretty good too!

It's like you make a sandwich:

piece of bread 1: Matrix
filling: ut2003 (or any of them)
filling 2: Golden Eye
piece of bread 2: sword play plus gun play

Makes the best sandwich ever made.

When I say Matrix, I mean you can do all sorts of cool junk, like run up walls, run on walls, do back flips and shoot someone. My favorite is stabbing my sword into a wall of a pit just before you would go all into and die, and have someone chase me, then they die too, but I live. And the level system ROCKS! And there are no in game weapons, just ammo and health. You buy all of your weapons from money gained from kills.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Gunz is lame, if people lag or have a bad connection they are a god, and it's so glitchy.  Half life IS the best fps game series.  Fuck off, halo.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Gunz is lame, if people lag or have a bad connection they are a god, and it's so glitchy.  Half life IS the best fps game series.  Fuck off, halo.

That's just because you don't play it enough.  ;) (joking)

I have a level nine, and I'm saving up my bounty for some good weapons at level 10. Anyone wanna play with me sometime?

EDIT: BTW, about the connection, that's truly false, if you are lagging the game will make you untouchable until you are back to speed, same thing with a bad connection.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I had a level 22, it is so glitchy, you can fly if you have a sword and a wall for god's sake  ::)

Rep:
Level 87
Resistance: Fall of Man and Duke Nukem.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I had a level 22, it is so glitchy, you can fly if you have a sword and a wall for god's sake  ::)

That's not a glitch.
I have a level 9...man, I envy! But he rocks! He's got really good weapons.

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I will have to say Gunz is the best free FPS I have played on the PC. My level 15 is ok I guess, but I hate it when people use the "K-Style" whatever the hell that is.

I sux with the sword but I have a dead aim with guns. That's prolly the only reason my clan accepted me, because everyone else is so high leveled.
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Whatever, you can spend some money and get an infinitly better fps for computer, so why play gunz.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I've played tons of FPS, and I like gunz a lot more than most FPS, I like it more than my favorite: TimeSplitters 2, so I guess it's my favorite.

I love the sword, I can go for like ten kills with the sword if I'm luck and my fingers don't hurt from dashing.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
You can probably buy it for $15 or less. My friend bought it really cheap about 4 months ago, about $8; I was extremely surprised.

Edit: From a GameStop, in new condition =/

The Irony is, I just can't find a copy. Also, some one tried giving me a torrent of the iso and that didn't work out well.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Beat someone untill they give you a copy

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Considering singleplayer the best FPS game I've played is Half-Life 2
I haven't tried Timesplitters 2 though, perhaps I should try it.

I thought Halo was alright, but nothing more. Didn't play it on multi.
Considering multiplayer I have most enjoyed Counter-Strike for Half-Life 1
Then again when you play multiplayer how fun you have with it heavenly depends on who you play with.
I really did enjoy playing UT with Silver btw. UT is high up considering multi for me. ^_^

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
After I fix the current issues with my comp I'll go iso hunting for UT2K4.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Ahh, I'm going to buy it. I love all UT games, especially invasion. I had like a level 100 plus guy, but I still had all of my power ups, but some how I lost my level and all of my health ups. UT2K4 rocks, I love the new stuff.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I liked System Shock II. It was genuinely scary, and I am waiting very intently for BioShock. Other ones I like are the Deus Ex saga, and Half Life. Metroid Prime, too, but that's more adventure.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I liked System Shock II. It was genuinely scary, and I am waiting very intently for BioShock. Other ones I like are the Deus Ex saga, and Half Life. Metroid Prime, too, but that's more adventure.

MP was very good, the boss fights were willing to keep you there for a while, the worst was Omega Pirate, he was awful! MPII isn't as good though...

Ridley was so easy, I heard every one say how hard he was, I wasted him with about 200 missiles and then off to Plasma beam.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
The best free tactical first person shooter is America's Army. No competition.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Pretty fun...although it's kind of laggy, But I played it along time ago, it must have gotten better.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I thought America's Army was a pretty shitty game. I assume you're joking, but don't take offense if you're being serious.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
He doesn't have the money to buy CS:S, so he thinks it is the best.

Rep:
Level 94
I don't like Counterstrike either, lol. Its too repetitive. The only military FPS I like is Ghost Recon II.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I only played AA once, and it was against my brothers, so I thought it was pretty good. But I played I think once more, and I got very very bored. And I think Counter Strike is kind of lame. I played in once or twice.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Either GRAW 2 or Perfect Dark.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
What's GRAW?

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

Rep:
Level 94
I didn't know GRAW was that either, but I agree. Ghost Recon is probably the closest to perfect a tactical FPS can get. I haven't played the second AW yet though.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
never played either  :lol:

BUT

Im finally getting HL2 on friday.

Rep:
Level 94
I hear that the Xbox version of HL2 is horrible. The PC one is amazing though.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
Really? IGN said it was alright...

Yeah, I heard. Too bad I dont hear of many people playing Deathmatch. I suppose I could get Gmod...

Can you use Gmod in Deathmatch?

HM.

How is Counterstrike? I know there are more idiots on it than Runescape, but how is it gameplay-wise?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
HL is half life? Correct?

God, Gunz is taking for ever to update, but I think it's done. Nope, almost. 99.91%, but moving very fast.

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
lol gunz was fun for a little bit untill my friends got mad that we i was killing them through lag ;8
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I hear that the Xbox version of HL2 is horrible. The PC one is amazing though.
I've played both, and both have advantages and disadvantages, depending on what your comp is like.  If you have an old, outdated comp, get hl2 for xbox, it is a great game, but you don't get DM, and you don't get near as many cheats.  But if you also wouldn't get any lag like you would on your computer.  If you have a good computer, get the game of the year edition, with Hl1, Hl1DM, HL2, HL2DM, CS and then you can download GMOD too, and thats hella fun.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
UT2003 and the first outing of Call of Duty (Mutiplayer Pavlov)

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
UT2K3 Rocks, I rule at CTF and invasion.

I can win a whole CTF by myself. (and have, my other teams were getting killed so badly.)

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
AA is actually a good game for those who like GRAW 2. AA is not a super fast, unrealistic game like CS:S. AA is a modern, slow paced, tactial shooter. I doesn't get more real than AA.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I change my awsner. Rainbow Six Vegas. :D Or atleast I add that there.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
AA is actually a good game for those who like GRAW 2. AA is not a super fast, unrealistic game like CS:S. AA is a modern, slow paced, tactial shooter. I doesn't get more real than AA.

I hate super slow and real games.

That's why I stick with Gunz and UT.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Gunz is a nice game but it keep smashing my keyboard when I play!