RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[MISSING] DREAM for Save Files 2.0

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Just a little more off-topic ness  :police:
For RMXP, get both an hex and an octal editor. Then get the ZLib Ruby module and download ruby. The RGSS ad is actually compressed with a modified ZLIB inflate method. However, reversing the RGSSAD is not illegal if it wher meant to be on backup purpose, but I do recommend not to try. They even meant it in the license and help file.

Could you extract the encrypter from RMXP and reverse it?
Well, it is not like 'extract' it. RMXP uses part compiled, part interpreted scripts (you know the DLL, the program and the script editor) Now, the .exe was compiled, you would need to actually re-create it by decompiling to re-structuate the codes. Almost anyone knows that is like... not-easy.

On to the script. You used the DRE A with RMXP, but how exactly does it work? I mean, it randomly subsitutes characters? (With key offcourse, or you could not turn itback) or is it a bitwise conversion, with switching bits around?

I would appreaciate if you could tell me, but if you don't know, dont bother, ill look it up myself.
ALL HAIL ME™

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
You can read in the DREAM Readme how it works. If you want the code, just hax the DREAM.dll as it is no real .dll, but just slightly encoded RGSS code. That shouldn't be a problem for you although.
BTW, the code is a quite hard one. :tpg: When I didn't look at it for a month even I need a few minutes to understand what I typed there. :tpg:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 05:37:55 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
I will go trhough it. I mean, I used some windows DLL to make a musci encryption that actually PLAYS in RMXP! (and not in WMP or some other program) And tested it with this, ad it did not work, so I might go into even a stronger encryption when I figured out how to..

Thanks anyway!
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Strange, can you post up the zlib module, I can only find a .dll (If that is it tell me.) I opened the .rgssad as .raw and saw the black 'n white and edited a few pixels and I launched the game again and it said, failed to load scripts! I also updated my SciLexer.dll v1.5.1 somthing with the 1.7.1 version!

-Edit- The new SciLexer.dll updates the script editing thingo in RMXP, I'll attach the file for everyone.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 06:15:38 AM by samamanjaro »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Oh shit, the colors get messed up~ :=

j/k

I use 1.5.8 of the SciLexer.dll and it works fine. It could be that something in the 1.7.1 doesn't allow the decryption I used for my ".dll". Here are the files again.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Don;t go higer then 1.6.X, the colors get really weird, things like a = b = c = true are not possible anymore, even though there are more modules we don;t use availeble. Also, No i will not give you the ZLIB module you can find it on rubylang.org as well as rubycentral. But I will not help you crack the thing  :tpg:
ALL HAIL ME™

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
That's really dumb. =/
I also noticed that decimal numbers are displayed wrong in colors. :( I just won't use it.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
@ blizz directly... Holy crap man... How many ppl do i know that made that their avatar at around the same time... -_-

oh and oi... how do i actually have it display the info of the save file it encrypts like have it show the stuff it used to show before the DREAM encrypter(yes i know thats not a word...) is added... >.>
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Maybe people started imposing me. ?_?

Anyway, about the problem, I don't think I understand. Do you mean the save file info in the window (characters, playtime, etc.)? The file is usually opened, decrypted and after that it can be used as a normal file.
If you mean to display data before the file is saved, you can just access the game data itself. You should take a look at the Window_SaveFile class, it might help.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
Alright I will take a look... >.>
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Awesomely updated to v2.0 to support the new .dream3 format that is far more advanced than .dream2. I wonder... IS it even possible to hack save files now?! (j/k, of course it IS possible, but insanely hard. ;))
Visit our website.