RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
AN I.P. Ban?

Rep:
Level 90
Listen, just thought i'll bring this to peoples attention. There is a user who keeps making random accounts with random usernames like g7gt87gt789g

This dumbass hss made over 20, mayby even more accounts, if you want to see how many check the memberlist!

Anyway it is obviously the same person as I have not seen this happen here until now, also the location is always Kiev!
So perhaps a mod, or whoever has the power (Crankeye) should give the moron doing it an I.P. Ban!

I know it seems pointless but it looks stupid when people looking for a good forum to join, then they see the memberlist to find pages of d7djd8dv!!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I'd say a ISP ban would be better.

Rep:
Level 91
Ignore what i say. I'm never here anyway
mods can't ban IP's only crankeye can, Mods can view IP's tho so they could tell u if it is the same person.

- this is kinda a pointless complaint tho, since Crankeye is the least active forum member =/
If you post outside the sewer, don't expect me to see it.

Rep:
Level 90
Meh, I guess, but when he does see it, or a mod reports it to his  :?

Rep:
Level 91
mods cant report it to him cos he's never at his computer

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
We can't even view their IP until they post something. I'd say don't worry about it for now.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
Meh. Do it anyway. It makes us look bad.

Rep:
Level 90
~
Quote from: Zeriab

What if the person uses the same ISP as you?

Also, trust me.  You can see the IP of people who haven't posted.  You just have to look right.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Yeah they'd have to be logged in and then the admin would be able to see it in the admin panel. :|

thatsmypie: 80.41.156.204

zeriab: 80.162.17.216

thebodge: 62.264.0.18 proxy / 86.11.94.1 real

haloofthesun: 12.105.97.33

Inaru: 24.10.60.55 (every post she's ever done bar 2 has been done from this IP =o)

Deathtrooper: 207.179.94.142

crankeye.com: 66.197.212.101

See, what's so bad about people knowing your IP. I was talking to somebody today and they noticed their IP was logged on a forum and asked to be removed from the forum completely because she didn't want anybody knowing her IP adress. What?

MINE IS 84.68.145.72 QUICK HAxx0r ME
bringing sexy back

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: Silverline
Yeah they'd have to be logged in and then the admin would be able to see it in the admin panel. :|

thatsmypie: 80.41.156.204

zeriab: 80.162.17.216

haloofthesun: 12.105.97.33

Inaru: 24.10.60.55 (every post she's ever done bar 2 has been done from this IP =o)

Deathtrooper: 207.179.94.142

crankeye.com: 66.197.212.101

See, what's so bad about people knowing your IP. I was talking to somebody today and they noticed their IP was logged on a forum and aksed to be removed from the forum completely because she didn't want anybody knowing her IP adress. What?

MINE IS 84.68.145.72 QUICK HAxx0r ME

Uh dude... :whoa:

Because you can easily hack somebody's computer using their IP address.

There's a specific location you type into your browser which let's you remote connect to someone's computer.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Yeah, you not only endangered users of malicious hackers.
But you also gave out personal information without their consent. Thus violating their privacy rights.

Rep:
Level 92
Quote from: DeathTrooper
Quote from: Zeriab

What if the person uses the same ISP as you?

Also, trust me.  You can see the IP of people who haven't posted.  You just have to look right.

Meh, you're right.
I meant the machine name, it's kinda like a reverse DNS.
If we're lucky it is defined by the ISP and looks like an addition to the ISP. If so, it's permanent and would be a good thing to ban.
We might not be so lucky and find it kinda generated by the IP.

It would also be cool to ban the MAC address the card has.
You could easy circumvent this by using another network card though.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Every single time you load literally any page on any site, the server for the site records your IP along with stuff like where you came from, what OS you're using, sometimes your screen resolution and stuff like that. Crankeye could just check his Apache acess log and know every IP ever to visit crankeye.com.

Better stay off the internets then if you're scared of anybody knowing your IP.

Quote from: ArkBennett
Yeah, you not only endangered users of malicious hackers.
But you also gave out personal information without their consent. Thus violating their privacy rights.

How is your IP adress personal? It's an anonymous number assigned to your internet connection. Disconnect for a few minutes and re-connect and it'll probably be different. Somebody else will likely be assigned the IP adress you were on once it's free again.
bringing sexy back

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
How to hack some ones machine with their IP address:- http://www.rotteneggs.com/r3/show/se/21994.html

(The Basic jist)

go to start->run->command(gotta type that:p)a -DOS window will appear.
Type

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I don't think it's a big deal Silverline put up some people's IP. I mean if you are paranoid about being hacked, Get an IP spoofer.

Actaully I should get one. They're awesome.

Rep:
Level 91
most peoples IP's change day to day so by the time most people will of seen his post ur IP will be different so whatever

Rep:
Level 102
haxttp:/landofshadows.l33t
bringing sexy back

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Here:- (See the Bold bit)

_____________________Crankeye Registration form___________________

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

To be honest I don't give a dam... But if some thing was to happen to some-ones PC would you like to be the one who the fingure points at ?

Most people have secure systems... and if they don't they kinda have it coming to them... but I don't think you should be free to display people's IP addresses without their consent... For example my Works IP address as its static...

Rep:
Level 102
You guys still haven't noticed/realised I didn't post your IPs -_-

Check the bodges and see one of the numbers is over 255 - impossible.
bringing sexy back

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Hummm... 264... Whats the real bit then ?

But any ways to the thread topic... I think people that sign up more than 1 time should be banned... (unless they have auth from the MODS)

Rep:
Level 102
Quote from: landofshadows
Hummm... 264... Whats the real bit then ?

But any ways to the thread topic... I think people that sign up more than 1 time should be banned... (unless they have auth from the MODS)

Because I know that thebodge is behind a proxy put there by his ISP. He'll appear as 62/69.something.something.something but his real IP is always something in the 80's usually.

Thebodge is usually the server when there's a Quake 3 match, so we need to know his real IP adress to connect to him.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 92
Hmm... I wonder where my IP points to...

Anyway the IP post might be a breach. Look at this part "As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database."
The question is whether or not the IP can be considered as information you as a user have entered, so it may not be a breach.

You would also have problems avoiding spoofing, but you can disable most of the idiots by simple IP bans.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
OMG people, those aren't the real IP numbers.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: landofshadows
Here:- (See the Bold bit)

_____________________Crankeye Registration form___________________

While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).

By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.

To be honest I don't give a dam... But if some thing was to happen to some-ones PC would you like to be the one who the fingure points at ?

Most people have secure systems... and if they don't they kinda have it coming to them... but I don't think you should be free to display people's IP addresses without their consent... For example my Works IP address as its static...

This is the internet, get with the times.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
Who read that?! LOL.