RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Science Or Signs

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Don't worry Saucy, Jebusmass is lame.

Also I'm suprised this topic is still going.

I'll say it, the only way to know which side f this debate is right is by being dead. So yeah, if after I do my planned mosh to death when I'm old I get drunk with the gods. Spirituality win the debate. If theres nothing after I die, science wins.

Unfortunately, You shlubs are gonna have to wait a long ass time before I die.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
^ Hopefully not.

Well Christmas is a christian holiday, and the only non-christians who really celebrate it are atheists.

Quote from: Saucy
How am I meant to attack you if you keep making good posts...

I'm sure you'll find a way, I'm getting worried now when my rep has gone up 3 whole points!! :'(
Pretty soon I won't be entitled to my reward anymore.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 07:07:35 PM by Elegy »
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Celebrating Christmas is celebrating "The Birth of Jesus". Why should somebody who doesn't believe in Jesus be allowed to celebrate it?!
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I celebrate xmas to give and get presents, eat, drink, and be merry :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Yeah, Jesus' birthday isn't actually Dec. 25 you know. (Assuming he existed, of course) For some crazy reason, that's just when it's celebrated.

I think this year I'll celebrate my birthday March 24.
:tinysmile:

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Jesus was also not "born" in year 0, but in year 4. That's the point of Christmas, it's symbolic. It'c not about presents, it's about family and faith. If you don't believe in Jesus, you are not allowed to celebrate his birth IMO. That's double morality. On one side you deny him and hell (which is the bad part about Christianity), but you want to get all the benefits of being a believer (like celebrating Christmas). It's just double morality.
How can you even say of yourself to be Atheist, but you celebrate the second greatest Christians' holiday?!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:06:05 PM by Blizzard »
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
In addition, our current calendar is about five years off. It's kind of weird to think that this is actually 2012.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yeah... BTW, I have added stuff to my post while you were replying, lol!
Visit our website.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
In addition, our current calendar is about five years off. It's kind of weird to think that this is actually 2012.
THIS IS 2012!?! OH SHIT! WE IS GONNA DIE!

Rep:
Level 97
How can you even say of yourself to be Atheist, but you celebrate the second greatest Christians' holiday?!

I could likewise say to very many Christians "How can you even say you're Christian, when you just pick and choose which rules you follow?". (Such as sex before marriage)

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
It is not rules we follow sex before marriage God commands us and therefore we obey it. Plus, it is comepletely logical to follow it.

Rep:
Level 97

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 97
It is not rules we follow sex before marriage God commands us and therefore we obey it. Plus, it is comepletely logical to follow it.

Commands, rules, same thing. I suppose then you'll do everything the Bible tells you, since theoretically that IS God's word. So you're not allowed to go to the bathroom anymore, as that's considered filthy, and a sin. No more masturbation (in before you say you don't anyway), and not even any impure thoughts, even by accident. And logical? Hardly. Of course, if you're like 13, then yeah. But it's basic human nature to want it, and there is no logical reason to not do it, unless you think some imaginary invisible man is going to smite you for it. But then again, that's not very logical, is it?

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude

Commands, rules, same thing. I suppose then you'll do everything the Bible tells you, since theoretically that IS God's word. So you're not allowed to go to the bathroom anymore, as that's considered filthy, and a sin. No more masturbation (in before you say you don't anyway), and not even any impure thoughts, even by accident. And logical? Hardly. Of course, if you're like 13, then yeah. But it's basic human nature to want it, and there is no logical reason to not do it, unless you think some imaginary invisible man is going to smite you for it. But then again, that's not very logical, is it?

:/

No where in the Bible does it say going to the bathroom is sinful. That's... something I won't get into. -_- (EX: "All rock music is devil music, therefore Christian Rock comes from the devil") ... Once again, I'm not getting into that.

He says we're to try to keep from thinking impure thoughts. It's not possible for any person to not sin at any point in their life, but we're given the ability to resist any sin that tempts us. (When Saved)

Also, when we're saved we WANT to please God, THAT is the logical reasoning behind not sinning -- or attempting not to sin.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
:/

No where in the Bible does it say going to the bathroom is sinful. That's... something I won't get into. -_- (EX: "All rock music is devil music, therefore Christian Rock comes from the devil") ... Once again, I'm not getting into that.

Oh, it's in there. I would suggest reading it again then. In fact, I remember in school, one time at mass the priest's homoly was almost entirely about that. It (not surprisingly) didn't really make very much sense.

And anyone dumb enough to use that argument about rock music should shoot themselves. Rock music being though of as the devil's music is just a stupid way of overprotective and fanatically religious parents trying to keep their kids from listening to what, at the time, was considered evil lyrics.

He says we're to try to keep from thinking impure thoughts. It's not possible for any person to not sin at any point in their life, but we're given the ability to resist any sin that tempts us. (When Saved)

I find it funny that was is and isn't considered a sin is always changing. Just like how the rules (especially in Catholocism) are always changed to work out better for them. So the Bible is supposed to tell us what is and isn't a sin, among other things of course, yet every so often, something gets changed. If this is God's word, how can someone possibly justify altering it? This mostly happens due to translations of translations of translations of translations of a dead language, though, so actually I'll retract my previous statement as there will never be any resolution going down that path.

Also, when we're saved we WANT to please God, THAT is the logical reasoning behind not sinning -- or attempting not to sin.

So as long as you have good intentions, and you have the desire to please God, that means it's ok to pick and choose which rules you follow? And that's your logic behind not having sex before marriage? Well, I suppose if you believe in God, then it would be slightly logical, but then how many Christians actually follow that rule? In fact, it isn't just a rule, it's one of the commandments. The point I was initially getting at, is it's hypocritical to say non Christians can't celebrate Christmas, because Christmas is a time for celebrating Jesus' birth, and celebrating your faith, when so many Christians only have faith just to for the sake of having it.

And how is this on topic at all?

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
@POINT 1 - Where? The Catholic Bible? I'll have to remind you that was heavily edited to profit the Roman Catholic Priests. Also, lol. (But I agree on the rock music, it's just... yeah.)

@POINT 2 - The Bible doesn't change, and it's not the translations that are changing. Now, as for things the Bible does not refer to, those are people's personal convictions. If somebody says the Bible says something it doesn't say, it's not the Bible's fault.

@POINT 3 - Not my discussion. He was saying it's hipocritical to celebrate the birth of someone you don't even believe in.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
The wonderful position I'm in is that I don't care if anybody celebrating it actually still beleives that stuff,

I celebrate xmas to give and get presents, eat, drink, and be merry :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
It's hard to debate intelligently when people throw the Bible into everything.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
It's hard to debate intelligently when people throw the Bible into everything.

Lol.
You act as if the Bible is an idiotic device used by idiots to idiotify every intelligant person in the world.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
The events in the Bible cannot be proven to actually have happened. No matter how much you believe in it, you have to admit that it cannot be proven. This doesn't necessarily mean none of the events ever happened, but since there is no proof, you cannot count it as fact. Without facts, a debate is turned into a pointless and petty argument, and therefore bringing the Bible into every point in every debate (except when necessary, of course) it makes it kind of hard to not feel like everyone's an idiot, becuase then you're just arguing about stuff nobody will be able to ever prove.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Bible does have some true facts. Treating elders, parents, and others is a good to society. The bible, koran, bhavagath githa, all have there share of scientific claims, but teach us how to get along with each other and to accept that we are all one. Does that seem false to you?

Rep:
Level 97
Those aren't facts, those are guidelines on how they think you should live your life.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
More like rules than guideline though...

Mne eto nado kak zuby v zadnitse.
Rep:
Level 89
U H N
2012 Most Attractive Female Member^_________________^f*ck u >:(LO !!
So if it's a rule, your parents ought to stone you when you misbehave.
an6uof hw to aLeme ozle we I