RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Diablo 3

Rep:
Level 89
In the story, Diablo can never really die for good, I know his coming back has something to do with a meteor, but nothing moar.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the destruction of the worldstone has a big part in it. (obviously)

EDIT2: The spirits of Diablo, Baal and Mephisto live on, I'm pretty sure. You kill body of Tal Rasha when you fight Baal, the Wanderer when you fight Diablo and someone else when you fight mephisto. So maybe they're going to use that.
I never got what the point of the worldstone. It would of been terrible if it was corrupted. What was terrible about it being destroyed.

There spirits were in the soulstones. So when they were destroyed they had no way of possessing someone or coming back.

I read the description in one of the links on page 1. Diablo 3 is about why diablo was in  the underground labyrinth in the first place. Finding a meteor that had a evil aura.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I read this on Kotaku, not totally sure what this guy is talking about...

Jay Wilson: In the previous two games, Diablo and his two brothers, Mephisto and Baal, were the three Prime Evils of a world called Sanctuary. Where we start off in Diablo III, it’s twenty years later (after Diablo II: Lord of Destruction) and the brothers are gone, they’ve been vanquished. Essentially everyone was kind of geared for Hell to actually invade. At the end of Lord of Destruction, the Worldstone was destroyed, it left a giant crater and everyone was expecting the hordes to come pouring out of it and nothing happened. So, Deckard Cain is one of our main characters from the first two games, he’s spent the last two decades trying to find out where the last two Evils are, what they’re doing and why the invasion didn’t happen. A lot of the rest of the story focuses on Tyrael, the Angel of Justice, and what’s happened to him since that event as he was actually the angel who destroyed the world.

Full interview:
http://kotaku.com/5020721/the-man-behind-diablo-iii-talks-plot-lore-and-battlenet

What I got form that is that Mephisto and Baal are still alive...and they're up to something.

I didn't get the whole worldstone thing either. I thought in the end of LoD the destruction of it signified the end of the world, and the prime evils defeat.
My bet is that Tyreal gets corrupted, because I could've sworn there were strong elements suggesting that at the end of LoD.

Yeah, I also think that they are probably not going to bring back necromancer, even though Witch Doctor isn't a replacement, it seems like Barbarian and a Sorceress like class are the only returning classes. In an interview with Joystick, they said they wanted a fresh start, it isn't Diablo 2. They also said an Archer/Sorcerer are being talked about, if not in D3 then in an expansion.

Rep:
Level 89
Jay Wilson: No. Do I think people will say that? Yes, I think they will. One of the things I like to remind people is that it’s okay to steal from ourselves. A good idea is a good idea and a good skill is a good skill and so when we look across all our games we borrow from each other all of the time. But the really key and important thing is do we play like World of Warcraft? No! We don’t play anything like it, Diablo has a different feel to it and that’s fine. If we look at the history of Blizzard games, at Warcraft I and II, the spell Blizzard appeared, it also appeared in WoW and Diablo II. I almost think it’s more like a signature but as long as a game has enough original stuff that it stands on its own and plays like its own game, that’s what matters.
They get the witch doctor from WoW because they think its a good idea. Which it never made to steal your own idea. Its like stealing your own cookie, or cupcake.

What I got form that is that Mephisto and Baal are still alive...and they're up to something.

I didn't get the whole worldstone thing either. I thought in the end of LoD the destruction of it signified the end of the world, and the prime evils defeat.
My bet is that Tyreal gets corrupted, because I could've sworn there were strong elements suggesting that at the end of LoD.

Yeah, I also think that they are probably not going to bring back necromancer, even though Witch Doctor isn't a replacement, it seems like Barbarian and a Sorceress like class are the only returning classes. In an interview with Joystick, they said they wanted a fresh start, it isn't Diablo 2. They also said an Archer/Sorcerer are being talked about, if not in D3 then in an expansion.
wait there alive that doesn't remotely make sense. In baals case it does. In the end of D2:LoD i wondered what happened to baals stone.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
wait there alive that doesn't remotely make sense. In baals case it does. In the end of D2:LoD i wondered what happened to baals stone.

I know...it's crazy shit when MPQ isn't on the dev team.  ;8

Rep:
Level 89
The real question is...

Are you fighting diablo again?

Answer is...of course.

The question(s) is...

how many new classes will they be?or how many old characters be taken out? Will it go oblivion and allow you to have fully customizable people? Will they have the cow level? Is this game be the first Diablo game in the series to be multi-platform?  Is this going to have acts? Is the character system going to balanced for each class? Is skills going to be obtained differently?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
If i dunno for sure, i wiki it

and i did :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_3
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 89
Diablo III's lead designer is Jay Wilson, a former Relic Entertainment designer credited with work on Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War and Company of Heroes. Its lead world designer is Leonard Boyarsky, one of the three co-creators of Fallout.[10]
company of heroes looked over complicated.

Diablo III is an action role-playing game in a similar style to its predecessor, Diablo II. The proprietary engine will incorporate Havok physics and feature destructible environments with an in-game damage effect. The developers are aiming to make the game run on a wide range of systems, and have stated that DirectX 10 will not be required.[2] The game is being planned for a simultaneous release on both Windows and Mac OS X platforms, with no current plans for release on video game consoles.[3]
it stays on the computer.

An enhanced quest system is stated to work in conjunction with a random level generator to ensure the game provides different experiences when replayed. Along with that, there will be class specific quests as well as the main storyline quests. A random encounter generator is planned to further increase this.[1] Overall, the game will include a mixture of static and randomly generated levels.[3] Enemies will utilize the 3D environment as well, such as crawling up the side of a wall from the depths into the combat area.[5]
they had the random lvl generator already in the 2nd game.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 04:57:52 PM by Kefka »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
They said some of it is going to be randomly generated.
The FAQ says 5 characters and a male/female option. Other than that, I'm assuming the classes will be better balanced so there are no classes that are only good with a party, if that. (I'm looking at YOU, Paladin.) I also think the only customization we're getting is visual equipment, but I'm fine with that.  :lol: They said they wanted a fresh start, so I think they're only going to include a maximum of one more old class.
They said it's going to be a similar length to D2, which would suck, because I can beat the game super fast. I also think they're having acts, if I recall correctly, they said they are during an interview.
HOPEFULLY, the skill system will be similar.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
We wait.

Or flame blizzard for having it in development for four years and not announcing it. A lot of people are speculating an 2010/11 release, however, I'm thinking '09 and Starcraft 2 being 2010/11/12.

Rep:
Level 89
We wait.

Or flame blizzard for having it in development for four years and not announcing it. A lot of people are speculating an 2010/11 release, however, I'm thinking '09 and Starcraft 2 being 2010/11/12.
well C&C:RA3 is being released October and it was announced a couple months ago. They could release it from
late this year to sometime in 2009, or they release the estimate date soon.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
True, but Blizzard doesn't just announce a game then release it six months after it's announced...they're very secretive and tend to announce stuff long before it gets released. I remember WoW being announced LONG before it was released.

Rep:
Level 89
True, but Blizzard doesn't just announce a game then release it six months after it's announced...they're very secretive and tend to announce stuff long before it gets released. I remember WoW being announced LONG before it was released.
i never really waited for a blizzard game before. This game will probably be the case. I go in to a store and find out that it was already been out for a month.

They will probably have a convention for the release of D3. They did for WoW:BC.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
i never really waited for a blizzard game before. This game will probably be the case. I go in to a store and find out that it was already been out for a month.

They will probably have a convention for the release of D3. They did for WoW:BC.

I waited for ever to hear about WoW, then I beta'd it and it wasn't that great.

If they do, they better have it in Northern California :3

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I waited for ever to hear about WoW, then I beta'd it and it wasn't that great.

WoW is extremely fun whenever you are about level 30 or 40, and you need alot of friends who play it or people you meet over WoW, playing alone at level 1 can be generally boring to some people depending on what class or race you are.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Level 30 -> 40 is the worst part of the game. This is about when you finish the main storyline, and all you can do is grind until you get 40 and mount. After 40 though the games funometer skyrockets.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Once I see my brother I;m gonna borrow his discs (WoW and BC) to install and play on a private server...but GW is just so much better.

Back to Diablo 3:
One of the things that we considered when we were working on the visuals for ‘Diablo III’ is the fact that color is your friend. We feel that color actually helps to create a lot of highlights in the game so that there is contrast. A great analogy is like in ‘Lord of the Rings’ — not everything is dark. It allows you to see what a creepy dungeon can be like but if everything is dark it doesn’t allow you to have a lot of contrast.
Totally agree.
I like the dark atmosphere of Diablo/2 but you do get a better feel when you have light in a game every now and then.