RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Logo Work

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Wow, logos everywhere nowadays.
Ok, long story short, I picked up a freelance job designing a logo for Connexs Communications.
They wanted a simple black text job, to apply styling to later.

Here's what I have so far, some rough ideas
(4 variations off the same thing)

they want the C and the O connected, and wanted that particular font
I'm going to do some more odd things as well, for just a different insight.

Anyway, sending some roughs tomorrow or Thursday, so I'd like C&C if that's ok.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:36:32 PM by boe »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I prefer without the O filled in, and of those 2 I prefer the second.

I guess you tried linking the C and O so they look like an 8 on its side?

Is that arahoni (or aharoni, always get it mixed up)? =o that's the font I use for RMRK's logo, just with a few more negative px letter spacing. It looks very similar =o
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah it looked like 8nnexs when I didn't put a little halo effect around the overlap.
it's Helvetica bold, I just messed with the Kerning manually.

jeez, the curve of the erasing is a lot clearer now that I have a bigger monitor.
I'll have to clear it up with the knife tool if/when they decide on a design that they like

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
maybe something more to do with Communications?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, like make the letters all be communicating with each other.  ::)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
here's what I was given:
I would like the typeface to remain a bold helvetica and the name  
needs to be all lowercase letters.  I want the kerning to be very even  
and refined.  I also want the letter "c" to draw the letter "o."  I  
have included examples of some logos where two letters merge and I  
really like these logos.  I need the final logo to be an AI or EPS file.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
tell him he's dumb. Show him some more modern things you can make.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
We don't need a color scheme, just black.  We will be styling the logo, we are really just looking for the structure.

tell him he's dumb.

I'd rather get paid.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
We don't need a color scheme, just black.  We will be styling the logo, we are really just looking for the structure.
so he can't put letters on a canvas with his 'styling' team?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
*shrugs*
I'm getting paid what the hell do I care?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You do realize that the first rule of graphic design is that the client is ALWAYS wrong. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'd present what they wanted, and then what I could cook up instead of having his 'team' do it. It not only shows your dedicated but that your willing to go out of their expectations even if all they do is accept the text version.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Nouman likes to think he's the only one that can do these things right.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Nouman likes to think he's the only one that can do these things right.

where did I say that?
Can I not leave a comment anymore without criticism from you?

I don't remember doing anything to tick you off, just saying that he should take pride in his work not just look for the money

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Wow, logos everywhere nowadays.
Ok, long story short, I picked up a freelance job designing a logo for Connexs Communications.
They wanted a simple black text job, to apply styling to later.

Here's what I have so far, some rough ideas
(4 variations off the same thing)

[image]

they want the C and the O connected, and wanted that particular font
I'm going to do some more odd things as well, for just a different insight.

Anyway, sending some roughs tomorrow or Thursday, so I'd like C&C if that's ok.

no need to get into a flame war over this, people.
I honestly just don't feel like saying to the guy "no that's stupid here try this" or "no, this is better" without presenting him with an example of what he thinks he wants, to compare it to.

I'd present what they wanted, and then what I could cook up instead of having his 'team' do it. It not only shows your dedicated but that your willing to go out of their expectations even if all they do is accept the text version.

I was planning on doing that, but I'm just sending them rough ideas at this point.

also: holk is there a cactus up your ass or something?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
why not have the C and O link together? like so:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol, i think your logo is win.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
why not have the C and O link together? like so:

because that looks near identical to one of their examples that they sent me (from other companies)
and would make me look extremely unoriginal.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
NAMKCOR, I like that you're trying to stay true to what your client is asking for, but what they're asking for is extremely unoriginal. :/

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I know it's unoriginal, but I wanted to come up with something that looked different from what they showed me, while still being what they said they wanted.  I'm going to mix it up a bit and send them something more original than "connect the 'c' and the 'o'"

but first, I wanted to make something that they asked for, to compare to what I can put together.

It'd far more polite to show them that they're wrong by showing examples of what they think they want, and what I can offer them.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Perhaps the C could surround the O? similar in concept to this:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
stop.
reading.
my.
mind.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
great ones think alike, so i hear C=

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Really? I heard that fools seldom differ.