RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help a noob: Regards Scripts, Battle Systems, and Spriting

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I was not sure where I should post this, simply because I'm asking questions on more than one thing. So if this is the incorrect section, please feel free to move it.

Hello all! I’m quite new to this forum, as well as developing games with RPG Maker XP. Since I am a noob, I am in need of a tremendous deal of assistance. The questions I am going to ask consist mainly of spriting (something I have never done before) so bear with me.  First off:

1. I plan on using pre-rendered scripts to alter the software’s default battle system (I have no knowledge of RGSS). The original just lacks an RPG feel in my opinion. But there is where I begin to make complications for myself. I want my battle system to be a reminiscent to the Final Fantasy series (random battles with traditional turn based action.) Or even something similar to that of RM2K3. So if anyone can direct me to a script such as this; please provide a link and instructions on using it. And YES I have read the script section, but am unfamiliar with the scripts and SDK. So can anyone help me on installing the latest version of SDK? Thanks.

2. I have no knowledge of Spriting whatsoever, but am capable of producing sprites from resources such as Character Maker XP and RPG Maker XP Sprite Generator. That’s more than enough to satisfy me for right now. But that isn’t the problem. It’s making the battlers. With the battle system I want to use, my characters need to move around use their weapons, cast spells and such. Unlike the original battle system, I want my game to feel more authentic.  I am oblivious as of how to create or use these animations properly. I know it takes much patience and time, but I’m willing to learn. Also, while I’ve been pillaging the forum, I think I’ve found several people are willing to do the spriting for me, but would much rather do it myself if all possible.

Any links to tuts are also appreciated. Thanks for reading this! ;D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ah, well for your first problem, you should find an RTB (or RTAB, I don't know the difference) and a side-view battle system. Then, what you'll probably need, is someone who is able to make the two compatible, if not already. I hoped I helped at least a little bit. :P Also, the SDK can be found somewhere... I don't know. I rarely use it. I hate it considering it's big. XD

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Thanks. That did help a little.  Thanks for telling about the side view battle system. I'll try looking for an RTAB (I downloaded one, but not sure how to use it.)