RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
unexpected file format

Rep:
Level 87
Ontamarama FTW! :D
I was dediting my project for a while and then I turned off my computer to edit it more tomorrow and when I opened it again a message came up saying 'unexpected file format', is there anyway to repair this? because I have already nearly made my project.

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Narrowing Fabrications of an Elusive Mind
Nope, your file is fully corrupted..you will have to start over again. The sad thing about this is that I'm not even bullshitting...one possible way to fix it IF not all the files are corrupted is to place the data files into a new project and see which one causes it to "break"

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
He's correct, unfortunately, the file is fully corrupted, try transferring data files to the new project =/

By any chance, did you do an incomplete turnoff, like pull the power cord, not by using a shutdown?

Rep:
Level 87
I'll try moving my diles to a new poject but rebuilding the maps and enemies is going to be a pain, and also falcon I turned my laptop off normaly not just by pulling the charging cable out or just holding down the power button.

Rep:
Level 87
okay, I moved the data to my new project and the maps are in the test play but I can't edit any of them in the rpg maker xp editor because the maps aren't there, only the default map 1 is there, would it be possible to edit my maps or would I have to remake then all?

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Hmmmmmmmm, don't you have the data files for your maps? Or was that what was corrupted?

Rep:
Level 87
The files for my maps aren't corrupted, it's just that for some reason the aren't showing up in the editor.

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
You have to transfer them from the old project...Each map is a seperate data file I think

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
Make sure you move the Mapinfos.rxdata also. 

Rep:
Level 87
Okay I did all that, but only my first map I mad came up...does that mean all of my other maps are corrupted?

Pure Awesome.
Rep:
Level 87
Okay I did all that, but only my first map I mad came up...does that mean all of my other maps are corrupted?
Possibly..in which case you might have to rem-map everything...