RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
@DarkGamer - Maybe it's just my screen, but it seems just a bit /too/ dark.

Not sure, made it to work on my screen, but yeh, that can be also improved :p

wah.
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
canopy is useful if the forest you're in is extremely dense. otherwise not too useful.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Canopy is... really only good if you have tree "wall" tiles, as with Mack's older tilesets in RM2k(3). Like grafikal said. I'd stick to individual trees.

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
Alright, so I 86'd the whole canopy idea and went with regular trees. Pesonally I like it, but the trees don't seem to look right imo.

Lemme know whatcha think :D

Note: Has a darker than normal Screen Color Tone, also added a 'tree looking' kinda fog thing I found. (That moves across the screen)

Spoiler for:

Completion: ██████████40%
Demo: ██████████70%

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
it seems that your trees are too intense for that scene.. Try tuning them down a bit... If you have photoshop, just use that, if not, find someone who does... It's just that your trees are too bright, and don't fit in with the duller rtp sets of grasses and such...

At least, that's what I think it is...

if you need a hand with anything on that front, btw, let me know.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 84
i just love it. amayzing, it's nice for a forest map ;)

Anotha'h mine:

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 02:38:09 PM by DarkGamer »

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
@Sashikinaroji I see your point. I could go and do that myself though, thanks for the offer though!

@DarkGamer Thanks! As for your map, it would probably be helpful if your map was visible. That overlay is WAY to dark. Or is it just me? Anyways, it looks as if you hve too many of those fern kinda things crouded in one spot.

I'd post another screen only I'm on my laptop atm which doesn't have RMXP. =/

EDIT: Here's my attempt at the Forest tileset.
Spoiler for Forest:
PS: I've never used this tileset.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 02:05:56 AM by Haydenap »

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
I like it. The columns seem kind of out of place for me... like they stand out too much. I don't know why...

Here's just a transition map I finished.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 84
actually like it. ;)
pretty map btw

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
@deadnub Nice! Mapping looks good. 10/10

Just one question though. Which fire glow script are you using? It looks really good.

Rep:
Level 84
you can easily do it in photoshop...

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
Just one question though. Which fire glow script are you using? It looks really good.
Thank you! And it's none other than Kylock's Light script. A must-have for any game. :]

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
I'm assuming it's for VX or am I mistaken?

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
New map from me:

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
That's really nice! I like the tileset. Especially the outside walls. The only thing that looks out of place to me is the rug. Just seems to be in an odd spot. Or maybe its just me. 9/10

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I have a question for all VX users.

I have here a decent looking indoor map, with added sepia tone just for fun. I think it came out rather well considering I can't map worth $#!%. But then I try to make a simple hallway to go with it...

...and it feels kinda empty in comparison. What can I do to make even the hallway look a little more artistic as opposed to just being a corridor from one section to another?

I'll be honest here that these screenshots aren't even for a project I'm working on. I'm just messing around with RMVX to see what I can make, and practice a bit of mapping since I'm in sore need of doing so.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
@Haydenap
yeah, it's VX.

@Zylos

My suggestion is to make your hallway smaller. Take away the realism a bit, and it will look better...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
@Zylos

Definitely narrow the hallway by a tile.  Make the carpet look like it goes from wall to wall, instead of wall to ceiling, by using shift click.  Maybe throw in some statues like you have in the first screen...  That's all I can think of.  Just play with it using different objects; you'll find something you like.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
@Zylos
I feel your pain :(
But like the others said, make that hallway one tile smaller, and just place maybe some statues, those are usually in hallways, at least in haunted castles.
Anyway, as for the top one, it looks nice
7.5/10

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
How's this instead?

I don't think I can do anything about the carpet on the lower section, the autotile is just being a bitch and a half about it.

Rep:
Level 84
yes, works. way better

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Actually, you can make the carpet in the bottom correct. It requires that you draw out parts of the carpet over to the side and hold shift + right click to copy specific parts of it.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Wow... I never knew you could even do that. Learn something new everyday.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:45:58 PM by Zylos »

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
Grr. I hate mapping interiors. Especially with RTP but I can't help that right now. I need to know what you all think about this map and needs to be added or removed in order to make it look decent. If you couldn't tell it's Farm Village Interior.
Spoiler for:

I appreciate it :]