RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy 7

Poll

Should square enix remake FF7?

yes
13 (46.4%)
no
15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Rep:
Level 89
This video i found is really cool and i think thought this was a remake. It was a tech demo for the PS3. Should they have a remake of the game?
I think they should because of the video.

if you haven't seen it here you go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bo6zLj6BiM

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
That's years old.
NO!
No remake.
Maybe a rerelease like Origins, with a few extra tidbits of information like a beistary, glitch fixs, etc.
But no remake!
Remake is t3h evil.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Yay more graphics..... in other words tifa's boobs are gonna bounce more  :-\

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Square shouldn't remake FF7, just as Legend of Dragoon doesn't need a Sequel

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I'd love to see one and would definitely get a PS3 if they remade it :)
bringing sexy back

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
If they do remake it they should finish writing the story, too.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Bad comparison, I really want a LoD sequel.  But fuck FF.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Is this in anyway a shot at nouman?  ???

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,8339.0.html
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
not at all, 's just what I think

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
dammit, why no many no's?  Just a simple graphics re-hash would make it soooo awesome!  I still like the old one, but something like just a graphic retouch or voiceovers would make it better!  Besides, they've already stuck their foot in by making not only the PS3 tech demo vid, but with the ending of Crisis Core:

Why make that at the end and not remake FF7, even just a graphic enhancement?

BTW the footage at the end does look just like the tech demo but if you look in the credits, the PS3 tech demo team is mentioned.

Translation of Cloud's text (provided by the uploader of the YT movie) : I am Cloud.  Soldier, 1st Class
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 02:37:23 PM by iceflame1019 »

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
the game is a classic
classics do not need to be remade

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
true, I'll give you that, but still, they've got people hooked by the tech demo and Crisis Core. 

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
honestly, I'm a FF7 fan, but I'm getting tired of all the spinoffs and shit as well

they can have people hooked all they want
the game should not be remade IMHO

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I don't like the spinoffs like Dirge of Cerberus, they're just there for the money most of the time...still, it would be cool to see FF7 in new graphics.  I don't think a simple graphic redo would be a "spinoff" unless they revameped some stuff like weapons or dialogue.  I know classics often aren't good when remade, but I personally would like to be able to see the characters' faces a little better.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
the game is a classic

Played FF3 DS? So awesome <3
bringing sexy back

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
FF7 is an overrated game, made by an overrated company and originally released for an overrated system.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
the game is a classic

Played FF3 DS? So awesome <3

yes, FF3 is an exception, as it never came to america
FF6 is the other that I will allow, as it was amazing, and all they did was port it to GBA

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
They did that for IV, too.

And V.

And I.

And II.

VII is the next logical step, here, people. I-VI have all been redone already.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
They did that for IV, too.

And V.

And I.

And II.

VII is the next logical step, here, people. I-VI have all been redone already.

at this point, it would only look like a huge
HEEEEEY FF7 FANBOYS/GIRLS, SPEND $700 ON THE PS3 FOR A GAME YOU ALREADY HAVE BUT ITS PRETTIER

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
And people would!

It's a win-win situation! People who want the game get it. Square-Enix makes more money WHICH THEY CAN THEN USE TO REMAKE FFVIII!

And people that don't want it? Guess what? You don't have to buy it! IT DOESNT COST YOU A THING!

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
I was gonna say something like that arlen...you beat me to it

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
at this point, it would only look like a huge
HEEEEEY FF7 FANBOYS/GIRLS, SPEND $700 ON THE PS3 FOR A GAME YOU ALREADY HAVE BUT ITS PRETTIER

But it won't be the same... n

-New battle system (12's)
-Voice acting (prolly)

They'll prolly throw in some random new characters and spells. Move some items, and add new scenes.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Yeah man this is older then my grandma, also, Yes they should remake it. Remakes are good and fuck anyone who says other wise.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I'm sure a lot of us here feel that FF7 is horribly overrated and should never be looked back upon. But you know you're lying if you wouldn't play the remake if there ever was one.
:tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I'm sure a lot of us here feel that FF7 is horribly overrated and should never be looked back upon. But you know you're lying if you wouldn't play the remake if there ever was one.

I actually never really liked the game...