RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What your favorite band

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Comeback Kid
Silverstein
Billy Talent
He is Legend
A Wilhem Scream
Three Days Grace
Marianas Trench

....and that's just a few of my favourites :D

Become An Hero Please.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Tenacious D
Kiss
Senses Fail
Pantera
Johnny Cash
Danger Doom
Iggy and the Stooges

Some Hip hop if Im in the mood

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Chamillionare
50 Cent
Niggers From Space

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 86
Imperial Wizard of the Kvlt Klux Klan
You all have terrible taste, you wouldn't know MUSIC if it bit you on the ass. The radio and television have lied to you, all the garbage listed in this thread is actually a form of Aural AIDS giving you all CANCER in your soul.
HATEFUCKINGFOREST 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
You all have terrible taste, you wouldn't know MUSIC if it bit you on the ass. The radio and television have lied to you, all the garbage listed in this thread is actually a form of Aural AIDS giving you all CANCER in your soul.

Perfect. Exactly what I was thinking.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Then please, almighty God of music, inform us what music actually is.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian

Hint: it's not what you like.

Rep:
Level 86

You are so hostile towards gaining knowledge where you are ignorant. With that kind of additude it is no surprise you have never found any.

Rep:
Level 86

Hint: it's not what you like.

In reality, it's not about what you or I or anyone likes. It annoys me that people should be so wrapped up in themselves to believe that their subjective opinion can dictate what is actually, objectively good.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Hah, we never said it was "good". We were just telling of our favourite bands. We never expressed our opinion on it, you did.

Rep:
Level 86
Hah, we never said it was "good". We were just telling of our favourite bands. We never expressed our opinion on it, you did.

You are right. It was silly of me to assume that a normal person would consider something that was his favorite to be good.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'm blatantly saying Buckethead is good.  Arguement?

Rep:
Level 86
I'm blatantly saying Buckethead is good.  Arguement?

Yes.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
The radio and television have lied to you

Actually none of the bands I listed are on the television or Radio, I found them trhough the internet.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
i'll listen to music even if its popular, i honastly don't care, but i won't listen to music BECAUSE its popular.

Rep:
Level 86
i'll listen to music even if its popular, i honastly don't care, but i won't listen to music BECAUSE its popular.

Popularity or non-popularity do not determine if it's good. I know people who listen to many super underground stuff and consider themselves supperior in music taste to you, however, many of these unknown bands are just as bad as what you listen too, even if they accomplish there bad-ness in a different way.

So nothing has changed.

The radio and television have lied to you

Actually none of the bands I listed are on the television or Radio, I found them trhough the internet.

Yes, because every random forum-runner is sure to be a real expert on music! LOL!

In before someone has the SUPERSMART idea to turn that statement around on me! LOL!

In all seriousness, if you want to become better at recognizing good music from bad, I recommened you learn some music theory, bone up on the classical masters, and injest some continental philosophy. Then really examine what you listen to. See it not as a collection of instruments or melodys or words, but as an organism who's parts must opperate cohessively to form a functioning whole and move towards a discernable goal. Does the music, regardless of it's lyrics, carry it's idealogy encrypted within itself? All music carrys some idea with it. Are you hearing a thoughtfull, contemplated message that has examined the world and found an ideal, or some recombinent slogan that expresses nothing "love is nice" "heartbreak hurts" or lockstep propaganda "Bush sucks, nazis suck" "homos are gay"? Again, lyrics to not truely tell you what a song is about, though they can add or detract from what it says, and instrument (usually guitar) wankery, though flashy and exciting to many, usually only exists to show off how AWESOMEDUDE the player is (and of course for the people who enjoy that kind of thing to think well of themselves for being fans of that guy who is "the best") but pretty much never has anything of any value to convey. This is also why there is no good Jazz music.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

Popularity or non-popularity do not determine if it's good. I know people who listen to many super underground stuff and consider themselves supperior in music taste to you, however, many of these unknown bands are just as bad as what you listen too, even if they accomplish there bad-ness in a different way.

So nothing has changed.

Agree'd.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text

In all seriousness, if you want to become better at recognizing good music from bad, I recommened you learn some music theory, bone up on the classical masters, and injest some continental philosophy. Then really examine what you listen to. See it not as a collection of instruments or melodys or words, but as an organism who's parts must opperate cohessively to form a functioning whole and move towards a discernable goal. Does the music, regardless of it's lyrics, carry it's idealogy encrypted within itself? All music carrys some idea with it. Are you hearing a thoughtfull, contemplated message that has examined the world and found an ideal, or some recombinent slogan that expresses nothing "love is nice" "heartbreak hurts" or lockstep propaganda "Bush sucks, nazis suck" "homos are gay"? Again, lyrics to not truely tell you what a song is about, though they can add or detract from what it says, and instrument (usually guitar) wankery, though flashy and exciting to many, usually only exists to show off how AWESOMEDUDE the player is (and of course for the people who enjoy that kind of thing to think well of themselves for being fans of that guy who is "the best") but pretty much never has anything of any value to convey. This is also why there is no good Jazz music.

In all honestly, thats how I judge my music.
I listen to it and If I like it it'l go on my music list,
then while listning to it oveer again
I'll listen to the lyrics to see what the song is about,
then to the guitar and how well solos and riffs are played,
then the complexity of the drums,
then I strain my ears trying to hear the bass (I find it difficult to hear bass)

After each step that I will either think its eww or move on to the next.

I did that pretty much with all those bands except Iggy, I only like one of their songs.
And even then its not that great.

Rep:
Level 86

In all honestly, thats how I judge my music.
I listen to it and If I like it it'l go on my music list,
then while listning to it oveer again
I'll listen to the lyrics to see what the song is about,
then to the guitar and how well solos and riffs are played,
then the complexity of the drums,
then I strain my ears trying to hear the bass (I find it difficult to hear bass)

After each step that I will either think its eww or move on to the next.

I did that pretty much with all those bands except Iggy, I only like one of their songs.
And even then its not that great.

Amazing. You comepletely and absolutely missed the point of what I said.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
seriously, who gives a crap about popularity?  this turned from a favorite band topic to a discussion on how to determine good music.  If you like what you hear, it's good music for you.  Someone else might not like it, but who cares?  There is no set "best" type of music, just like there's no set personality.

(personally I HATE rap and I dislike most songs in general cuz I really don't like songs where the music accompanies the singer...I like it better like in Bridge of Khazad-Dum in LoTR: Fellowship, where the voices are part of the music like instruments.  But that's just me.  I also like Latin stuff...like One Winged Angel.)

Favorite band: whoever orchestrated Pirates of the Carribean (back on subject track)

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Who cares.
Your just making a big fuss.
Sorry nobody is following in your Nazi regime, but everybody has different musical tastes.
And the only bad music, is the music EVERYBODY hates.\

Anywho.
Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite!  ;D
But I also like Starsailor, that's the runner up.

Rep:
Level 86
seriously, who gives a crap about popularity?  this turned from a favorite band topic to a discussion on how to determine good music.  If you like what you hear, it's good music for you.  Someone else might not like it, but who cares?  There is no set "best" type of music, just like there's no set personality.

That kind of thinking is what allows garbage to propagate. You are correct that there is no linear standard going from best music to worst music, however it is not made equal, some is objectively better no matter what anyone may think or wish to think. As you said, no rap band has any quality, this is not merely your oppinion, but truth. At some point, there is a line between this truth and falsehood and it's not the bullshit relativism you seem to purport.

Who cares.
Your just making a big fuss.
Sorry nobody is following in your Nazi regime, but everybody has different musical tastes.
And the only bad music, is the music EVERYBODY hates.

I'm sorry if you think my stating the truth is equal to Nazism, have you considered that Nazism may be truth? LOL

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
That kind of thinking is what allows garbage to propagate

dude, drop it already!  This is a FAVORITE BANDS thread, let's keep it that way.  You want to discuss music nazism take it to Elitist Debate.  Please.   

Back on topic, someone else.  I'd post more favorite bands but I don't really have any other than what I've posted.

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
tsk tsk tsk. I can't believe no one has said this yet even though everyone knows it's their favorite.

BLINK 182
  BLINK 182
   BLINK 182
    BLINK 182
     BLINK 182
      BLINK 182
       BLINK 182
        BLINK 182
         BLINK 182
          BLINK 182
           BLINK 182
            BLINK 182